AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Boleyn signup worth it

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenaDevin

Cam Model
Oct 3, 2021
Midwest, USA
Twitter Username
@Sultryeyesava
Streamate Username
Sultryeyesava
I have been a model on Streamate for about 4 months now. I didn’t use my month of “new” status to my best advantage. I do ok and have over 700 followers but I can’t seem to adjust my rate higher or get over 30% paid time.

If I have my rate at $5.69, I have about 55% paid time but if I adjust my rate to $5.64 the paid time drops to 30% and below.

Do you think signing up with Boleyn to get the month of new status again would be worth it in the long run?

Solution
I use BoleynModels for streamate because of the work 7 days bonus. If I don't work 7 days then I'm earning even less than the 35% streamate pays me. What if your new status doesn't increase your time in paid? Then you'll be unhappy with your income plus paying out even more to a studio. I think BM has its advantages, but for me I wouldn't use it for the reason you're suggesting. That's my opinion. If you do work 7 days already though then maybe you'll get a double benefit by signing up.

What if you tried some other things first? Things that won't cause you to lose the 700 followers you already have. Have you tried learning new fetishes that might draw in a fresh crowd of customers? Maybe even just buying some fetishy clothing items...
I use BoleynModels for streamate because of the work 7 days bonus. If I don't work 7 days then I'm earning even less than the 35% streamate pays me. What if your new status doesn't increase your time in paid? Then you'll be unhappy with your income plus paying out even more to a studio. I think BM has its advantages, but for me I wouldn't use it for the reason you're suggesting. That's my opinion. If you do work 7 days already though then maybe you'll get a double benefit by signing up.

What if you tried some other things first? Things that won't cause you to lose the 700 followers you already have. Have you tried learning new fetishes that might draw in a fresh crowd of customers? Maybe even just buying some fetishy clothing items like latex thigh highs, leather gloves, stripper heels, costumes, etc. that might get you noticed by people who scan past your room with your current look. Or if you're already fetishy maybe add something more mainstream like a red bodycon dress, and lace lingerie.

Upvote 0
Solution
I thought the bonus was the lowest of 6 days? Did it change recently?

The main reason why I love Boleyn Models and is the main reason I went with them, is because they offered employment letters to help with housing and loans. The other benefits are the bonus pay, an easy streamlined line of revenue among other cam sites and clip sites, this has helped so much for taxes! The daily pay is really nice and has helped me out so much when I was in a financial pinch.

You can transfer your account from your independent to your new Boleyn account. Things that transfer over are your favorites and blocks from your old account. It does take about a week or two for that transfer over. You can also take advantage of your 30 day new tag as well.

I would absolutely recommend them 10/10!

Upvote 0
I thought the bonus was the lowest of 6 days? Did it change recently?

The main reason why I love Boleyn Models and is the main reason I went with them, is because they offered employment letters to help with housing and loans. The other benefits are the bonus pay, an easy streamlined line of revenue among other cam sites and clip sites, this has helped so much for taxes! The daily pay is really nice and has helped me out so much when I was in a financial pinch.

You can transfer your account from your independent to your new Boleyn account. Things that transfer over are your favorites and blocks from your old account. It does take about a week or two for that transfer over. You can also take advantage of your 30 day new tag as well.

I would absolutely recommend them 10/10!
Maybe it’s 6 days. You’re probably right. I’m sure it’s on the website. It’s still something to consider because I think most models like to work less than that, and it sounds like the only reason she’s considering them is to increase her income.

I didn’t realize you get a new tag if you transfer your current account. I thought you would have to open a new account for that. That is a great perk.

Last edited:
Reactions: SerenaDevin
Upvote 0
What’s the 7 day or 6 day bonus ? I’m with SM independently, I find 35% already insulting so I’ve never bothered to lose another 5% and don’t need daily pay but interested to know what this bonus is, and if it would end up giving the 5% or more back 🤔

I just did a little research. So they’ll match your worst day of the week if you work 6 days? So say I worked 6 days $500 each day they’d give me another $500? 6(days) x 500 = 3000. To get $3000 our cut at 35% means we need to earn $8572 ( now I just made myself mad damit lol) 30% of that instead of 35% would be $2571.6 and then they’d give me $500 more ? So I’d end up with $3071 instead of $3000 and if I calculated all that right that would be over 35%. I just tested this at $700 a day for 6 days a week and ended up with $4300 through BM and only $4200 with SM directly.

If I ever get my act together to work steadily 6 days a week it’s looking like you can actually make more with BM and get daily pay!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What’s the 7 day or 6 day bonus ? I’m with SM independently, I find 35% already insulting so I’ve never bothered to lose another 5% and don’t need daily pay but interested to know what this bonus is, and if it would end up giving the 5% or more back 🤔

I just did a little research. So they’ll match your worst day of the week if you work 6 days? So say I worked 6 days $500 each day they’d give me another $500? 6(days) x 500 = 3000. To get $3000 our cut at 35% means we need to earn $8572 ( now I just made myself mad damit lol) 30% of that instead of 35% would be $2571.6 and then they’d give me $500 more ? So I’d end up with $3071 instead of $3000 and if I calculated all that right that would be over 35%. I just tested this at $700 a day for 6 days a week and ended up with $4300 through BM and only $4200 with SM directly.

If I ever get my act together to work steadily 6 days a week it’s looking like you can actually make more with BM and get daily pay!
The way I work it is using Streamates GMT time to my advantage (6 pm my time before we roll over into the next day). Anything that I work after 6 pm MDT counts towards the next day on SM's GMT. So I only work 4 or 5 days and still meet the bonus requirement. I love the daily pay and I love the bonus structure from BM (helps make up for that 5% that we lose out on for daily pay) especially during contest weeks.

For example:
Sunday 12 pm - 6 pm, take a break, 7 pm - 11 pm/12 am
Monday Off
Tuesday 12 pm - 6 pm, take a break, 7 pm - 11 pm/12 am
Wednesday Off (technically my hang out and chill night on cam)
Thursday 12 pm - 6 pm, take a break, 7 pm - 11 pm/12 am
Friday Off (I hate fridays, the pent up weirdo's come out)
Saturday 12 pm - 6 pm, take a break, 7 pm - 11 pm/12 am

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yes, except they take 5% of your cut, so it wouldn't be 30% of $8572, it would be 5% of $3000, so boleynmodels would take $150 if you made $500/ day. Also any contest prizes you win they don't take anything. It's not a bad deal if you like to work a lot of days.

Upvote 0
if you want to raise your rates...

RAISE 👏YOUR 👏 RATES👏

I'm a big staunch and i think most veteran acf models here and testify me pushing people to do so. if you get verrified we have a super cool sexy raise your rates for streamate thread where we talk about our experiences. positive and negative. and give each other support, encouragement, and celebrate.

recommend bumping them up to $x.99. those 99 cents convert from 35% a lot better than in between.

i too didn't take advantage of my new model status and my placement sucked. it's lots of work, but it can be done! you don't have to sign up under a studio to take advantage of it a 2nd time. this is what i did to help crawl from the depths of page 8 to the front.
  1. work a lot.
    i streamed for six hours, 5 to 6 days a week. i did three hours in the morning and the remainder in the late afternoon/evening. you catch more flies if you leave the light on.
  2. constantly tell members to leave favorites, ratings, and tags. don't ask them. don't give them an option. do not stop until you feel like you have enough.
    someone compliments you? say thank you and tell them to tag you that. *wink flirt* there is a reason why have over 250 perfect ass tags. if you want to market yourself to appeal to a niche, be sure to ask for those tags instead of all when someone mentions that niche to you.
    someone takes you private? ask for a favorite after you greet. "hey! favorite me now so you don't forget after i make you cum click the heart"
    someone actually takes the time to say thank you after a show, after you say you are welcome and thank you, tell them to rate you 5 stars.
  3. video initiatives.
    joins a show? get a free preselected vid!
    comment and rate 5 stars after private? get a free preselected vid!
    comment and rate 5 stars after exclusive? get a choice of a free vid selected from a list you provide.
  4. stick to your boundaries.
  5. luck
when you think about it. 5% of every payment after awhile adds up. even though you can eventually leave, you can still try doing it on your own without a redo. nothing wrong though if you need to sign up for BM for that extra help and dailypay option.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have been a model on Streamate for about 4 months now. I didn’t use my month of “new” status to my best advantage. I do ok and have over 700 followers but I can’t seem to adjust my rate higher or get over 30% paid time.

If I have my rate at $5.69, I have about 55% paid time but if I adjust my rate to $5.64 the paid time drops to 30% and below.

Do you think signing up with Boleyn to get the month of new status again would be worth it in the long run?

Agree with @RedVelvet, I wouldn't sign up for a lower percentage to get new status again. Are you not adjusting your rate higher because it would decrease % in paid time or because that is the highest you can go? If you can't set it past $5.99 and would like to set your rates higher, message support. Sometimes they increase the rates automatically, sometimes they don't

I haven't been with Boleyn for a long time, a couple years, but I like to add my $0.02 on the matter for those who eventually start making enough money on one site. I had a really good time being under them and getting paid daily with them. I mainly used them for daily pay as I was working on being more responsible financially. If something happened and I needed to go back to daily pay they would be the first studio I would sign up with. They were never meant to be a long term solution if I started making the income I was hoping for on SM. One of my higher earnings year, when I did the calculations I paid Boleyn somewhere in the mark of $6-$7k for one year for their services from just SM alone. That is a pretty good chunk of money I wish I had. I could have tracked better and got out sooner, but I didn't do all the math until I filed my returns. I was in a better spot to be released from Boleyn and move from daily pay to weekly pay. I know that this isn't the case for everyone, just want to give a reminder to do the math and compare what your take home would be with and without a studio cut and then evaluate if it's still worth that difference to keep the service, especially if you have one high earning site under them.

Upvote 0
3. video initiatives.
comment and rate 5 stars after exclusive? get a choice of a free vid selected from a list you provide.

too late to edit.

you can have multiple preselected videos, because people will keep buying. be sure to note on their account what preselected vids/bundles they have purchased (i numbered mine). would joke "collect the whole set." but like all comedy, there was truth behind that. regs were literally collecting the whole set. i would run out of preselects/bundle to give. after a while, i would "archieve/retire" as in stop using them for preselections and had new preselected videos. so the people who hit the preselected limit had new vids to purchase. kinda made my video sales appear as limited editions. i would rotate out the vaulted content as needed.

Upvote 0
The way I work it is using Streamates GMT time to my advantage (6 pm my time before we roll over into the next day). Anything that I work after 6 pm MDT counts towards the next day on SM's GMT. So I only work 4 or 5 days and still meet the bonus requirement. I love the daily pay and I love the bonus structure from BM (helps make up for that 5% that we lose out on for daily pay) especially during contest weeks.

For example:
Sunday 12 pm - 6 pm, take a break, 7 pm - 11 pm/12 am
Monday Off
Tuesday 12 pm - 6 pm, take a break, 7 pm - 11 pm/12 am
Wednesday Off (technically my hang out and chill night on cam)
Thursday 12 pm - 6 pm, take a break, 7 pm - 11 pm/12 am
Friday Off (I hate fridays, the pent up weirdo's come out)
Saturday 12 pm - 6 pm, take a break, 7 pm - 11 pm/12 am

Um. You are a genius, GMT is 5 pm my time, I never thought to do this. Game changer!!!

Anyways, I am with Boleyn, but I wouldn't go with them for any sort of "making more money" option. I go with them because I am deeply mentally ill and terrible with money :rofl: need me that 5x a week pay cheque, plus it makes it way easier to keep track of my income since it's all just sent once daily.

I don't think new status is quite as important as it is on other sites!! You could always splitcam with another site while working your way up on SM.

Upvote 0
if you want to raise your rates...

RAISE 👏YOUR 👏 RATES👏

I'm a big staunch and i think most veteran acf models here and testify me pushing people to do so. if you get verrified we have a super cool sexy raise your rates for streamate thread where we talk about our experiences. positive and negative. and give each other support, encouragement, and celebrate.

recommend bumping them up to $x.99. those 99 cents convert from 35% a lot better than in between.

i too didn't take advantage of my new model status and my placement sucked. it's lots of work, but it can be done! you don't have to sign up under a studio to take advantage of it a 2nd time. this is what i did to help crawl from the depths of page 8 to the front.
  1. work a lot.
    i streamed for six hours, 5 to 6 days a week. i did three hours in the morning and the remainder in the late afternoon/evening. you catch more flies if you leave the light on.
  2. constantly tell members to leave favorites, ratings, and tags. don't ask them. don't give them an option. do not stop until you feel like you have enough.
    someone compliments you? say thank you and tell them to tag you that. *wink flirt* there is a reason why have over 250 perfect ass tags. if you want to market yourself to appeal to a niche, be sure to ask for those tags instead of all when someone mentions that niche to you.
    someone takes you private? ask for a favorite after you greet. "hey! favorite me now so you don't forget after i make you cum click the heart"
    someone actually takes the time to say thank you after a show, after you say you are welcome and thank you, tell them to rate you 5 stars.
  3. video initiatives.
  4. stick to your boundaries.
  5. luck
when you think about it. 5% of every payment after awhile adds up. even though you can eventually leave, you can still try doing it on your own without a redo. nothing wrong though if you need to sign up for BM for that extra help and dailypay

Upvote 0
Thank you all for your comments! There was a lot of good information for me to think about.

I do want to raise my rates but the amount I make when I am on really drops when I try to raise them even a small amount. Perhaps I am not giving the new rate enough time. I usually raise the rate, see the drop, panic and then lower it again.

Upvote 0
Thank you all for your comments! There was a lot of good information for me to think about.

I do want to raise my rates but the amount I make when I am on really drops when I try to raise them even a small amount. Perhaps I am not giving the new rate enough time. I usually raise the rate, see the drop, panic and then lower it again.
A couple things to consider as well is the seasonality of camming.

I’m not sure where you live, but summer time for the northern hemisphere causes the good ol “summer slump” for us models because people are out and about.

Fall and winter is where it really picks up and as Audri mentioned, def raise your rates before then.

When I raised my rates initially, some regulars left because I became “too expensive” but then I attracted more customers who were willing to pay my rates and I had higher quality members who respected my boundaries and I had more fun in my shows and I started to earn more.

Upvote 0

definitely give it a little more time. remember you deserve every cent you ask for to perform. just because you are newer or low placement, doesn't mean you need to price yourself lower to make money/compete. if someone calls you expensive, thank them and remind them to tag you as that :D

are you working any other sites as well? while you get your rates situated and to help with any potential slump, sign up for clip sites or pso (example: manyvids, clips4sale, sextpanther, or niteflirt) more eggs in your basket is essential.

also get verified for more sexy support!

Upvote 0
I am looking at getting signed up with Boleyn and the signup process is super casual. Almost too casual.. I submitted my i.d. and filled out paperwork. Now it wants me to put in payment info before I can do any website signup and I have not received and verification e mails.. Has this been the normal experience? Could someone possibly link the site so I'm sure I'm in the right place? Sorry to drop in on this thread but it seemed to be the most relevent one to the topic without creating a new thread. Thanks for any help!

Upvote 0
I am looking at getting signed up with Boleyn and the signup process is super casual. Almost too casual.. I submitted my i.d. and filled out paperwork. Now it wants me to put in payment info before I can do any website signup and I have not received and verification e mails.. Has this been the normal experience? Could someone possibly link the site so I'm sure I'm in the right place? Sorry to drop in on this thread but it seemed to be the most relevent one to the topic without creating a new thread. Thanks for any help!
I signed up so long ago I can't remember how verification went, but they are super reliable and respond fast to any questions I have. Put in a ticket on your dashboard on Boleynmodels site to ask anything you are unsure about.

Upvote 0
I don't know if I can share outside links, but here is the official ambercutie thread.

Upvote 0
I signed up so long ago I can't remember how verification went, but they are super reliable and respond fast to any questions I have. Put in a ticket on your dashboard on Boleynmodels site to ask anything you are unsure about.
Thank you for responding! I got signed up. Trying to decide which three streaming services to use. I have mostly ever used MFC in the past.

Upvote 0
Thank you for responding! I got signed up. Trying to decide which three streaming services to use. I have mostly ever used MFC in the past.
Pick the one you like best to start, but I suggest you eventually try them all. Some sites I had written off ended up being high earners for me.

If its slow on one site it's so nice to be able to pop onto another site and get more traffic. (I got set up to stream on more than one site when it's slow so that's an idea too.)

Upvote 0
definitely give it a little more time. remember you deserve every cent you ask for to perform. just because you are newer or low placement, doesn't mean you need to price yourself lower to make money/compete. if someone calls you expensive, thank them and remind them to tag you as that :D

are you working any other sites as well? while you get your rates situated and to help with any potential slump, sign up for clip sites or pso (example: manyvids, clips4sale, sextpanther, or niteflirt) more eggs in your basket is essential.

also get verified for more sexy support!
I haven’t been signed up on here long enough to post on the verification page. I will definitely do that as soon as I can post though. Thank you for your help!

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0

As far as camming goes, of the cam sites that Boleyn Models work with, I think Streamate (private-based site), Chaturbate (token site), and Stripchat (token site) are the three big ones. MyFreeCams is on there, but I'm not counting that because MFC isn't accepting new transfers to Boleyn Models at this time. You could still continue to cam on MFC, but it won't be under Boleyn Models. And you can just take advantage of MFC's 'early payment' option, and look forward to them sending your payments Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays.

But in addition to cam sites, Boleyn Models also works with many of the clip/content sites, and independent cam sites (SkyPrivate and CamModelDirectory...for doing Skype shows). I remember how excited we were when they added Clips4Sale to their list, because otherwise with C4S you'd only get paid once a month.

Upvote 0
To add onto the other voices - new status on SM really isn't that important! I didn't use SM for months after signing up, but I was still able to get to the front page pretty quickly when I did. And every time I've come back from a hiatus, too. I don't always cam consistently because of chronic illness, but when I'm able to consistently stream, I always bounce back. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks, sometimes longer, but I always do it! I just came back from a LONG hiatus, and I'm on page 7 at the moment, but I'll get back in my groove soon. It's so much easier to get your placement up on SM, compared to other sites. A big component of placement is stream quality, ratings, and hours streamed, so just chugging away at the hours can do a lot. Just getting to 5 stars is usually enough to make me jump forward 3-4 pages, so I always push for that, using a free video as incentive.

I'm with Boleyn because it benefits me to get paid daily. Because of my chronic illness, sometimes I'm in a spot where I need money NOW and this is the quickest way to do that. It's also helpful because of my ADHD - getting more frequent "yay, money!" serotonin bursts means that I get online more often, physical health allowing.

I wouldn't say that Boleyn is worth it if you're just wanting to reset your new model status. There are better ways to increase your income - stream more hours, test out different times of day, and play around with your rates. Give each rate increase a week or two to see how it goes. And above all, keep putting in hours. You'll get there!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.