AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

boredom

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2022
what can i do to keep myself from looking bored when i first get online thats my biggest issue is i get online and look bored so people jump in and out of my room but once i have people in the room to talk to its usually okay until everyone leaves and im bored again

i down a redbull before getting online so im "peppy." if im more bouncy and look excited, ive noticed more people are willing to engage. sometimes

start learning to converse with yourself. if no one is engaging back, try not to get too discouraged. show them what type of attention they are missing out on by not engaging with you. even if there is no one in your room, it may appear as if you are split streaming so most camsite regulars wouldn't be suspicious.

here is a long list of potential conversation starters that maybe helpful: https://parade.com/969981/parade/conversation-starters/

here is a long list of potential conversation starters that maybe helpful: https://parade.com/969981/parade/conversation-starters/
sorry for the dp, i meant to hit save on my edit, but wandered away from my desktop before i could.

i like to ask them a question, then answer it myself. a lot of members are nervous to talk to you for whatever reason, so it's up to you to figure out the icebreaker. you can choose if your questions will lead into your show types, be flirty or mundane. you mentioned you don't have an issue once you get an audience.

arrgh i have asd adhd and so on i get bored so easy its annoying sometimes
lol ditto i mean i only have adhd and add so yeah i get it my bf is asd tho hmu we can talk and try to help each other out!!!!
neurodivergent married to another neurodivergent! understand the struggles with getting bored and losing attention! getting on medication/schedule/routine has helped keep me on task and cope.

recommend setting a camming schedule that way it will help keep your brain focused on that set time. remove any distractions from your cam space. get your phone out of eyesight, and reach. there are website blockers you can use. i use stayfocusd for chrome.

what can i do to keep myself from looking bored when i first get online thats my biggest issue is i get online and look bored so people jump in and out of my room but once i have people in the room to talk to its usually okay until everyone leaves and im bored again

While on cam I have music playing that I enjoy (either from YouTube, or songs that I have stored on my laptop), so that I have something to dance/sing/lip-sync to while I'm on my bed. I would go crazy if I had to be in free chat for a couple hours in silence. If you were to play a full YouTube album (or entire CD, if you still use CDs) from one of your favorite music artists, that would probably get you through around 45 minutes - 1 hour of your cam shift. Yesterday was my favorite singer's (Faith Evans) birthday, so I put on nothing but Faith Evans songs for the two hours I was able to be on cam yesterday.

Reactions: bearman and nanners
sorry for the dp, i meant to hit save on my edit, but wandered away from my desktop before i could.

i like to ask them a question, then answer it myself. a lot of members are nervous to talk to you for whatever reason, so it's up to you to figure out the icebreaker. you can choose if your questions will lead into your show types, be flirty or mundane. you mentioned you don't have an issue once you get an audience.
I wonder if it’s possible to stream on a non adult with huge traffic like Tik Tok live and then log off when things start to heat up on the cam site. I see plenty of Onlyfans models on Tik Tok live trying to gain subs.

I wonder if it’s possible to stream on a non adult with huge traffic like Tik Tok live and then log off when things start to heat up on the cam site. I see plenty of Onlyfans models on Tik Tok live trying to gain subs.
im pretty sure you can get your account blocked if you link your adult content or blatantly advertising on sites like tik tok and instagram. i've seen models get their accounts taken down for zero mention and simply existing. if you are gonna post on those sites under your cam persona to gain traffic, you want to avoid any mention of adult sites/content. post wholesome shit and tasteful lewds. even then, it's not guaranteed your account will be safe.

i down a redbull before getting online so im "peppy." if im more bouncy and look excited, ive noticed more people are willing to engage. sometimes

start learning to converse with yourself. if no one is engaging back, try not to get too discouraged. show them what type of attention they are missing out on by not engaging with you. even if there is no one in your room, it may appear as if you are split streaming so most camsite regulars wouldn't be suspicious.

thanks for these recommendations. sometimes i feel i look awkward when it's quiet and often to sing along to songs. conversing with myself i thought made me look silly, but feels validating to see it as a strategy here.

neurodivergent married to another neurodivergent! understand the struggles with getting bored and losing attention! getting on medication/schedule/routine has helped keep me on task and cope.

recommend setting a camming schedule that way it will help keep your brain focused on that set time. remove any distractions from your cam space. get your phone out of eyesight, and reach. there are website blockers you can use. i use stayfocusd for chrome.
good ideas. Yeah In my case I have to get in a sexual mind-state before camming. of course it's Lil diff from a male perspective. Im working on getting better with scheduling. U really have to treat this like a job

Reactions: AudriTwo
I used to do this kind of thing. In my case, I used Periscope (RIP) or Bigo. Linking to adult content isn't a problem on Twitter, so I didn't have an issue as I never actually showed anything (against the rules on Periscope itself). It was really great for sharing affiliate links to wherever I was camming at the time, because many would sign up in order to keep watching. I'm not sure what the best platform would be these days, but it was and probably still would be a good way to start your room with a larger audience. Getting people to join the audience on the first site is obviously still a problem, but you don't have to worry about camscore or placement dropping while you do it, and viewers are already engaged once you switch over!

Status
Not open for further replies.