AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Slayers Unite!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Val Vega

Inactive Cam Model
Nov 6, 2016
Twitter Username
@TheValVega
Hello, my fellow Slayers, we must chat..

Surely among this forum there are fans as rabid as I am for the show Buffy the Vampire Slayer. For those that are, I've decided to create this thread where we can discuss it. I thought maybe I'd start off with some questions to get some discussion going.

1: What are your favorite episodes and why?

2: Who is your favorite character and why is that?

3: How has the show impacted your life?

I wouldn't consider myself a die hard fanatic but I love me some Buffy!

Fav episodes are "Hush" and the first episode when spike returns and gets hit with the nicee chip.

Spike was always my favorite character.

The Body (s05ep16)
The episode where Buffy's mom dies from an aneurysm.
Just because it was one of the better portrayals of grief ever on television.

Grave (s06ep22)
Where Dark Willow gets defeated. But it's mostly because of a funny scene where Buffy tries to update Giles, who just returned to the show, on what's been happening.
“Xander left Anya at the altar, and Anya’s a vengeance demon again, Dawn’s a total klepto, money’s been so tight that I’ve been slinging burgers at the Doublemeat Palace… And I’ve been sleeping with Spike.”
And then Giles just cracks up laughing hysterically. Funny stuff.

I'm with Hush, it's a great episode and the jerk off motion joke kills me every time..
And the Body. Agreed it shows a very real account of grief. Did you ever notice there is no music in that episode? None. It gives that uncomfortable feeling...like in reality when you're feeling that grief stricken, strange ache for something to happen to change how you feel..but it doesn't come. So amazing. I always bawl my face off during that one...
And call me a dork but the musical episode is pretty decent too..
And the one where Buffy and spike have rough sex while knocking the house down around them.. *fans self*

Becoming I and II...the look on buffy's face when she stakes you know who.....
Bewitched, Bothered and bewildered...huge MC fetish...and that episode hits EVERY step of the way.

Favorite character..gah, so hard....they all have great moments. I liked Xander, even if the actor is having a hard time of it lately.

Well...it changed my life by turning me into Joss Whedon's personal bitch....

Help. It's a little random but the ending of the episode just gets me every time.
Once More With Feeling. Duh.
The Body. It is just extremely accurate and so emotional. I love that there is no music in the episode and I love Anya's outburst.

Spike for about 5435098 reasons. The love story between him and Buffy is also my favorite love story of all time. I have "like hell" tattooed on me which is what he says to himself after she ends things and says it's because she doesn't love him.
I also think Anya is one of the most unique and well written characters of all time even if she isn't a character I particularly like.

It gave me a happy place. Buffy is what I watch when I'm overwhelmed and need to feel connected to myself. It's also a show that grows with you, I find myself relating to characters now that I didn't when I was young and even disliking characters now for doing things that didn't phase me when I was young. I think it's really amazing to not just continue to come back to a show but to have it change a little every time that you do. I also usually don't like fantasy or science fiction at all, it's almost impossible for me to get behind so I think being so in love with the show did really open me up to other stories outside of Buffy that I wouldn't have given a chance to otherwise.

Help. It's a little random but the ending of the episode just gets me every time.
Once More With Feeling. Duh.
The Body. It is just extremely accurate and so emotional. I love that there is no music in the episode and I love Anya's outburst.

Spike for about 5435098 reasons. The love story between him and Buffy is also my favorite love story of all time. I have "like hell" tattooed on me which is what he says to himself after she ends things and says it's because she doesn't love him.
I also think Anya is one of the most unique and well written characters of all time even if she isn't a character I particularly like.

It gave me a happy place. Buffy is what I watch when I'm overwhelmed and need to feel connected to myself. It's also a show that grows with you, I find myself relating to characters now that I didn't when I was young and even disliking characters now for doing things that didn't phase me when I was young. I think it's really amazing to not just continue to come back to a show but to have it change a little every time that you do. I also usually don't like fantasy or science fiction at all, it's almost impossible for me to get behind so I think being so in love with the show did really open me up to other stories outside of Buffy that I wouldn't have given a chance to otherwise.

I still use Anya's line from the magic shoppe

Anya: Thanks you can leave now. (after taking their money)
Xander: No Anya, wish them a happy day.
Anya: We already have their money, why do we care what kind of day they have?

I would say I liked the Spike character...but I mostly enjoyed his interaction with Angel and him in Angel: The Series

To Angel: Dru made me a vampire, but you made me a monster.

1. Prophecy Girl- "What can I say? I failed the written" First time you really saw her strength and struggles

2. Giles, I enjoy the subtleties of his nerdy character, the fact he was the father figure to the Scoobies and his past as Ripper. The Gentlemen, Singing Demon(Once More with Feeling)

My favourite all time episode is s3e1 Anne ( no big surprises there :D). But I just love the the lil' journey of self-discovery she has, like when the demon dude asks her name and she says: 'Hi, I'm Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, what's your name?'... that made me cum in my pants!

I discovered Buffy shortly after it had ended but while Angel was still on the air...so a year after it ended? But I quickly bought all the DVDs and got caught up!

1: Hush, the Body...I did really like them musical.

2: On Buffy, definitely Faith. Mostly because I had a huge crush on Eliza Dushku, but also because she seemed so much more badass than Buffy at times, but could never quite get it all together, making her an interesting character to watch.

3: Other than introducing me to Joss Whedon and eventually Firefly and everything else he's done, it made me a huge fan of Seth Green and many other actors who've gone on to do amazing things! Plus it, and many other shows like Voyager and Xena or books like the Honor Harrington series made me a huge fan of female characters, female led stories...and I never quite understood growing up why other guys didn't like women main characters in their stories.

Reactions: Gen and Val Vega
I wouldn't say that Buffy dramatically impacted my life other than getting me onto Joss Whedon stuff, but definitely a fan here.

as for favourite episode, I like several for different reasons.
the ending of Beneath You... the scene between crazy Spike 'with a soul' and Buffy in the church ... I was moved :p
also Once More, with Feeling... musical... Buffy finally letting everyone know she was in heaven and they pulled her out, which crushed everyone... yeah, good stuff there.

oh, and I'm definitely a Xander/Cordy and Spike/Buffy shipper.... what the hell, Xander/Anya too.

Reactions: Val Vega
I haven't watched it for many years, not since it was originally on tv, maybe I should revisit it

I liked anything with Spike the best, he was my favourite character pretty easily

I think I enjoyed the spin off Angel show more you know, on the whole, again especially with Spike

Have so many favorite episodes, including Hush just like a few of you. Band Candy is another. And unlike some people I love Once More With Feeling and watch it once or twice every year. One of my favorite moments overall is when the lovely Miss Calendar tells a flustered Giles "that's not where I dangle it" when talking about her missing earring.I loved Jenny Calendar! Really liked Cordelia, too.

My favourite all time episode is s3e1 Anne ( no big surprises there :D). But I just love the the lil' journey of self-discovery she has, like when the demon dude asks her name and she says: 'Hi, I'm Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, what's your name?'... that made me cum in my pants!

The waitress character showed up a few times, including the last season of Angel. She appeared first as 'lilly', then using Buffy's middle name, and then running a home for runaways in LA.

Have so many favorite episodes, including Hush just like a few of you. Band Candy is another. And unlike some people I love Once More With Feeling and watch it once or twice every year. One of my favorite moments overall is when the lovely Miss Calendar tells a flustered Giles "that's not where I dangle it" when talking about her missing earring.I loved Jenny Calendar! Really liked Cordelia, too.

A group was touring "once more with feeling" around the country, turning it into a 'rocky horror picture show' participation performance. Fox slapped them with a cease and desist, but I did get to see it in my neck of the woods first. A lot of fun, and some truly hawt nerd girls....

Reactions: pg240
I can't remember my favorite episode....

But my favorite character was definitely Anya. I loved Anya because she was funny and brilliantly un-empathetic to human issues, she was socially awkward and blunt. I guess I sort of relate to that. I also really liked Cordelia when she was in the show because of a lot of the same stuff, plus her constant fighting with Xander was just really funny to me.

The show actually impacted my life A LOT, because when it was airing I was really young and my teenage cousins would watch it religiously. Sure I don't remember it at the time, but I remember it being there and remember liking it. I also interpreted the episodes waaaayy differently as a child, thought they were scarier than they were. It made me love horror and super natural stuff. I only recently actually watched the tv show, though, despite remembering things differently still loved it.

Reactions: Gen and Val Vega
favorite epp. once more with feeling.. the song going through the motions hit home some times. also this funny quip
buffy: guiles I am in the fight of my life here.
vamp boy: really?
buffy: don't flatter yourself *stab*

I am a willow fan, her romance with Tara was great. plus I get the fall to dark willow, the grief and pure anger at the world over a lost love ( death or otherwise)

Reactions: Gen and Violet Dawn
Ohhh, I love BtVS. I love Joss Whedon. This is the thread for me.

I actually have a Buffy themed MFC profile at the moment. :haha:

Favorite episodes.. HM. I loved Once More With Feeling, because, well, how can you not? But I also really enjoyed Tabula Rasa. Any time a comment was made about Dawn being missing again made me chortle. And I liked Vamp!Willow quite a bit.

Episodes that tore my heart out and stomped on it were also some of my faves because cathartic crying FTW.

: Who is your favorite character and why is that?

Faith. She had the most dimensions to her character, I felt. I also really enjoyed the Faith & Angel pairing, and know there's more to unravel within the comic books. I need to get 'em.

: How has the show impacted your life?

I grew up with it, honestly. There's something amazing about how the represent females in that series that I love. It showed me you can be sassy and in control of your life and still be taken seriously. It showed me that that was important. I don't know, I think I grow and learn from a lot of quality TV series... but Buffy was my favorite. Still is, anytime I re-watch.

This got ramble-y. I'm just happy to have found my people.

Status
Not open for further replies.