AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Burnt

• Thread starter Deleted member 55529
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 55529

Hello. I started camming some months ago. I went to a studio for two weeks and then left. Rented a room to be indie, did it for some weeks and the computer got broken. Now I started again and some days it feels like a damn rollercoaster. I put a huge effort into this. I bought decoration, dance, sing. Some days I make 50-100$ USD an others zero. And some days I want to cry because nobody enters my chat room or even the greys speak. As I'm an extrovert I have no issue with this...Most of my income comes from Pvt shows, I have no idea how to get tips even though I try my best.

This job feels worse than previous sex work I've done. I just wanted to vent. I mostly enjoy the streams, but I feel so anxious sometimes. Thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with camming. Honestly, I don't really have any good first-hand advice to give on it. I've never been a model. I believe there are some resources on the ACF forum that could help as well, if you haven't looked already or feel inclined to.

However, I hope things get better!

This isn't specifically camming related, but just my own nerdy ramblings on anxiety (coming from someone who has faced anxiety/depression in the past). Feel free to ignore if you so choose if it feels too unrelated. 🙂

Bear with me here, but we live often ignoring the universal law of statistical regression. The official definition of statistical regression is basically that all outliers return to the mean. In a practical sense, this means if one is a 6'10" basketball player, their child is more likely to be shorter than taller, since 6'11" is farther from average height compared to 6'9". It's not always the case, but it's much more likely.

Also, this has big implications, since life is like that. That means that it's important to remember that if you're going through a bad time now, try to remember that things are more likely to get better before they get worse. Things don't get always better immediately, but sometimes it's truly just around the corner. It's important to keep up the hope for it. One reason why anxiety/depression hits people so hard is that we can't see the future, but we do know the past/present, so we start trying to predict our future off a small subset of the past.

In other words, we see a graph of our happiness level over time that looks like this given the past/present:
article-2022476-0D4D28F000000578-356_634x430.png
but we're missing the full picture, which could very well look like this:
article-2022476-0D4D28F000000578-356_634x430.jpg
The moral of the story then is to keep up hope, because our small moments of feeling like shit could easily go 'back to mean' and things could turn up.

As another sidenote, a little piece of practical advice that may help with anxiety/stress is a psychological technique called free writing. You can check it out here for instructions:
It's basically a stream of conscious writing that is entirely personal. I've done it before, and I thought it helped personally.

Again, I got quite a bit off topic, but I wanted to leave the information there just on the off chance it could help even a little! I wish for the best for you!

Hi,

Every month is different with camming and with COVID destroying the economy, there’s more competition and less money going around per model.

Just enjoy your time, do your hours and as long as you have money coming in, there’s always the opportunity to get more next week.

I do enjoy camming. It seems less reliable that other's form of sex work I've done. Having a score for the amount of money I've done in an hour entertaining an audience could make anyone go crazy. LOL.

Reactions: AussieCosplay
this work isn't for everyone. it's hard and can be very inconsistent. the best advice i can give is to keep sticking to a schedule and try not to have a bad attitude because those microexpressions can negatively impact you.

add more eggs if streaming isnt cutting it. check out pso and clips.

Glad to hear!

Make sure to look into multi streaming when you get comfortable with SM, as this can provide additional revenue.
I'm not on SM so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't multi streaming against TOS on Streamate? If I remember correctly you would have to stream through a separate camera for SM and your other site(s).

I'm not on SM so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't multi streaming against TOS on Streamate? If I remember correctly you would have to stream through a separate camera for SM and your other site(s).
True in thery but they don't give a damn about that. I multistreamed for a couple of years there, eveb not hiding it (got the lovense OBS indicator that was showing my tips for CB and SC), and never had issues.

I dont like SM through. It sorta giving you an earning minimum, but the auditory is....heh. The most disagreable one I ever worked with. Even worse then Jas.

Through it isn't the best site for multistreaming, it doesn't even have a member chat like Jas/Imlive/Streamray.

Reactions: Cheeseonmyfriesplz
True in thery but they don't give a damn about that. I multistreamed for a couple of years there, eveb not hiding it (got the lovense OBS indicator that was showing my tips for CB and SC), and never had issues.

I dont like SM through. It sorta giving you an earning minimum, but the auditory is....heh. The most disagreable one I ever worked with. Even worse then Jas.

Through it isn't the best site for multistreaming, it doesn't even have a member chat like Jas/Imlive/Streamray.
the members are pretty weird and disgusting, maybe i should set a higher rate...the private show starts automatically and seems pretty abusive

the members are pretty weird and disgusting, maybe i should set a higher rate...the private show starts automatically and seems pretty abusive
If you have the new tag you're probably attracting all the site assholes. Honestly the new tag on premium sites is a curse rather then a boon. What's your rate so far?
Yeah the automatic private on SM is such a stupidity (through you have to accept exclusive).

Just put your limits. For me private is just for talking and stripping, if you want something else go to excl. You started the private before asking that and expected some triple anal here? Your problem not mine.
Even with that politic I have a 5 star rating, so just ignore loosy members that try to blackmail you with that.

I probaly make a bad use of SM - for me it's just a ignition site, I start it at the beginning of my stream. and do a few strips in private that help me to fill my CB and SC rooms. When my rooms there are filled I close SM because I'll earn way more here then with any private or excl on SM. So it's just a way to receive a few bucks for something I'll do for free anyway.

I know that there is models that earn quite much there on SM but I really can't stand the members mentality and the site % there so never really tried to get on the top here.

I've always thought the 'being randomly dragged into private out of the blue' thing on there (Streamate) sucked too, and I've always expressed how much I hated that. Other sites give models an option to accept or deny it. I used to have a troll on Streamate who would do that shit to me to interrupt me from public chat, and then the second he dragged me into private...he clicked the button to end it. I'd return to public chat, and he'd do the same thing again. And of course on Streamate they had it to where you can't block a member who is no longer in the room. You HAVE to be fast enough to click their name...hit 'block'...and confirm that you wanna block him. Not only that, but I'm a person who would like a heads up before going private. Not just be dragged in there mid-sentence (while I'm talking to someone else in public chat about something interesting).

I never really cared for that site though. I love MyFreeCams.

To be honest most sites suck. Myfreecams is too competitive. I'd stick to indie skype shows and content.
Well then try offline sites like OF. THere is a lot of offline models, and the payout is the same as for online ones, it's just a different skillset.

But indies sites like cammodel directory, skyprivate or camlust are diying from this competition. Really don't invest too much effort there. THey are random as hell.

Yep they don’t enforce their rules on there never gotten in trouble for splitcamming with them now that I’m streaming with them again for the second time. I’ve heard it’s so bad that some girls get away with showing genitalia in public chat which isn’t allowed either.

Well then try offline sites like OF. THere is a lot of offline models, and the payout is the same as for online ones, it's just a different skillset.

But indies sites like cammodel directory, skyprivate or camlust are diying from this competition. Really don't invest too much effort there. THey are random as hell.
I dont know. Private based sites are technically dying if you compare them to token.

The gold menu has tips to. Flash tits. They dont even get their own rules LOL
Yep they don’t enforce their rules on there never gotten in trouble for splitcamming with them now that I’m streaming with them again for the second time. I’ve heard it’s so bad that some girls get away with showing genitalia in public chat which isn’t allowed either.

I dont know. Private based sites are technically dying if you compare them to token.

No they aren't dying. Sites like streamate and imlive have been flourishing. different sites attracts different customers. Not everyone is going to find the same success.

Just because token sites attracts more viewers doesn't mean they are any better. More viewers don't equal more money.

No they aren't dying. Sites like streamate and imlive have been flourishing. different sites attracts different customers. Not everyone is going to find the same success.

Just because token sites attracts more viewers doesn't mean they are any better. More viewers don't equal more money.
Amen to that I’m doing the best at the moment on both streamate and imlive. (Specially streamate)

Breasts are allowed to be shown in public chat tho. Private based sites aren’t dying because from personal experience the guys on those type of sites have a very wide range of fetishes/fantasies and enjoy to play them out in private shows. Where as guys on freemium are very vanilla and mostly want to watch girls masturbate. It’s so much less draining being on streamate because I mostly get paid to do a lot of roleplay, humiliation, body worship in private sessions. Sometimes guys just want to chit chat as well in paid chat. I do, do a little bit of masturbation here and there on sm but not to the point where I’m sore like on the freemium sites.

Last edited:
I dont do it, i said i saw people doing it
oh i wasn't accusing you. sorry. i was elaborating on the rules in case you didnt understand like how breasts were okay flashing in freechat. sorry for the misunderstanding. pls report any models flashing their privates in freechat if you see it. strange that models are doing it now even after you have to verify that you understand its against the rules before you can stream.

It is a hideously inconsistent job, but the good days are worth it, in my opinion. Some days I make $200, and other days I barely make $10. There are days when I just give up and go offline, because no-one is engaging, but other days are busy. You cannot predict it. I would suggest sticking with it for a little while, and seeing how you get on, but as the others say, it isn't for everyone.

It’s against the rules to mention the other streaming platforms as far I’m aware.

Just explain to your viewers you can’t discuss which platform you are addressing to due to your contracts, same goes with personal details, ect.

As long you don’t actively try to entice members off to other platforms to others, actively speak about what platform you are using, you will be a-okay.

Reactions: DoD404
yes. if you want to split stream and not potentially get suspended then banned after the first warning, use a separate cam. there are some bbs who use different computers while streaming. but there are still models who split stream with the same broadcast. it's like do it at your own risk and hope no one reports you. careful @James_and_Aiden. i uploaded the performers/studio pdf since it's not easily found after signing it. under I content, it states that streamate owns the copyright to anything uploaded onto their platform. that's why you cant split stream.

Attachments

• performer-studio-agreement-ICF-2018-07.pdf
    201.9 KB · Views: 7
yes. if you want to split stream and not potentially get suspended then banned after the first warning, use a separate cam. there are some bbs who use different computers while streaming. but there are still models who split stream with the same broadcast. it's like do it at your own risk and hope no one reports you. careful @James_and_Aiden. i uploaded the performers/studio pdf since it's not easily found after signing it. under I content, it states that streamate owns the copyright to anything uploaded onto their platform. that's why you cant split stream.
Don’t worry, we use a separate camera for Streamate.

Reactions: AudriTwo

I don't think there is a "No tits in public chat" rule though on Streamate. I'm pretty sure that having tits out in public chat is fine on there. And if it's not, then that means a whole bunch of models (myself included) have broken that rule a bunch of times.

Years ago I got a suspension on Streamate for doing an ass flash in public chat when I didn't realize that was a rule on there (Nvm the fact that I've seen popular models on there show ass with no panties on, but okay...), and yeah, that was my bad. That's when it was stated to me that "below the waist nudity" was not allowed. So I took that to mean that you can flash/show tits in public chat, but you just can't show pussy or bare ass.

I'm not on there anymore, so I have no idea whether or not they've explained this better now in their rules. I feel like some of these sites could do a better job explaining their rules in more detail, like how MFC has a whole Wiki page. For the longest time I had no idea you can't wear a damn sexy nun costume on Chaturbate. But maybe I just somehow missed that in their rules? Lol.

I don't think there is a "No tits in public chat" rule though on Streamate. I'm pretty sure that having tits out in public chat is fine on there. And if it's not, then that means a whole bunch of models (myself included) have broken that rule a bunch of times.

Years ago I got a suspension on Streamate for doing an ass flash in public chat when I didn't realize that was a rule on there (Nvm the fact that I've seen popular models on there show ass with no panties on, but okay...), and yeah, that was my bad. That's when it was stated to me that "below the waist nudity" was not allowed. So I took that to mean that you can flash/show tits in public chat, but you just can't show pussy or bare ass.

I'm not on there anymore, so I have no idea whether or not they've explained this better now in their rules. I feel like some of these sites could do a better job explaining their rules in more detail, like how MFC has a whole Wiki page. For the longest time I had no idea you can't wear a damn sexy nun costume on Chaturbate. But maybe I just somehow missed that in their rules? Lol.
You can show the ass, just don’t expose your anus.

Reactions: Cheeseonmyfriesplz
Status
Not open for further replies.