AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

c920 auto adjusting for light- help

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so i have the logitech c920, and in shooting clips i've always noticed that even when i'm on manual focus and have adjusted the brightness in the logitech settings, the camera will compensate for exposure, i.e. will suddenly brighten up when it sees a dark object and vice versa.

has anyone had success in overriding this, uh, quirk? and truly locking in the exposure/brightness?

thanks in advance!

so i have the logitech c920, and in shooting clips i've always noticed that even when i'm on manual focus and have adjusted the brightness in the logitech settings, the camera will compensate for exposure, i.e. will suddenly brighten up when it sees a dark object and vice versa.

has anyone had success in overriding this, uh, quirk? and truly locking in the exposure/brightness?

thanks in advance!
Do you have all the checkboxes unchecked, as in the first screencap in this thread - Logitech webcams?
Rightlight, gain, white balance should all be on manual.

Do you have all the checkboxes unchecked, as in the first screencap in this thread - Logitech webcams?
Rightlight, gain, white balance should all be on manual.

hm. it looks like you have more settings that i do. attaching what i see in settings. i'm on a mac if that makes a difference?

[GALLERY=media, 3239]Screen Shot 2019-03-08 At 3.10.03 PM by Pira posted Mar 8, 2019 at 3:11 PM[/GALLERY]

Reactions: Pira
The c920 isn't technically supported by Macs, from what I know. I recently got a macbook as a quick replacement laptop so I could keep working, and I needed to get a new webcam because my c615 won't even register as being connected, so I searched this forum far & wide for "c920 mac" and from what I've read, it's a massive hassle to get the c920 to work with a mac.
I have no idea how to fix your issue sorry, just dropping what little knowledge I have.
Later webcams like the BRIO and c922 are supported by Mac, though.

@Pira have you tried using the app 'Webcam Settings' by Mactaris?

43828_scr_uc1.jpg

Logitech+HD+Pro+Webcam+C920.png

THIS!!! I have a Mac and c920 and had the same problem you describe until I bought that little app and it took care of all the issues I had!

you can actually get around paying for the webcam settings app by downloading logitech gaming software for mac: https://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/lgs

I don't think it has all of the same settings, but you can set the white balance and gain manually on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.