AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Calling all computer savvy users!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose

Cam Model
V.I.P. AmberLander
Apr 10, 2011
Music City
blackxrose92.com
Twitter Username
@BlackxRose92
Tumblr Username
BlackxRose92
MFC Username
RosiePie
Streamate Username
BlackxxxRose
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/studio/54271/Rose-Black_s-Fetish-Store
I need help, pretty please. Here's the run down: videos will only play for 11 seconds on my computer and then they stop. It doesn't matter what browser I use or whether the video is fully loaded/buffered or not. I can click ahead and the video will play again, but only for another 11 seconds and then the process repeats.

I have absolutely no clue what could be causing this or how to fix it. This is the computer and monitor I have: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009256 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103447

Are you just having an issue with just Flash videos? Most (but not all) internet video is in Flash nowadays. To see is something is playing in Flash, right click on it, and at the bottom of the context menu it'll say "About Adobe Flash Player ...".

If Flash is your issue, make sure you're running the latest version. Go here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Compare the results from step 2 to the table in step 3 to make sure it's up to date. It usually does a good job keeping itself up to date, so I'd be surprised if you had to manually upgrade here.

Once you've verified Flash is up to date, and you're still having issues, try turning off hardware acceleration. Hardware acceleration usually helps video play more smoothly, but it is dependent on the proper working of your video card drivers, which are notoriously buggy. To do this, pull up that right click menu again, and this time click the 3rd option from the bottom which should be "Settings...". With the leftmost tab selected, you'll see a checkbox for hardware acceleration (pictured below). Uncheck it, then click "Close", and then close all open web browsers. Next time you try playing a video, hopefully the problem will have gone away.

If not, we'll have to try something else.

Attachments

• hardware.png
    hardware.png
    256.5 KB · Views: 244
Reactions: Rose
Have you been having any problems with your feed when camming? Have you checked your internet speed during the times that you have had streaming problems (either when you cam or when you try to download/stream videos)?

Try:

http://www.speedtest.net/

Though I agree that it maybe the flash settings causing the problems, it also sounds like something is running on your system that is hogging ram.

When was the last time you ran a full virus scan?

One way of finding out what is using up your memory is to take a screenshot of your processes at the time of the problems. If you press Control+Alt+Delete at the same time, it will bring up your Windows Task Manager. If you click the Processes tab then that will bring up memory usage. It would highlight whether your browser is having problems or whether some other process has hijacked your system.

Finally, download a little app called HiJackThis

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

Save the file to your desktop and then double click it. Click teh Scan button and you will get a full run down of all running processes. Copy and paste all the results into:

http://www.hijackthis.de/

Click Analyze and the results will highlight any processes that may not be safe. If anything comes up with an X then we can talk you through how to remove them.

Posting on the fly: this is with all videos- youtube, news videos, videos I shot with the webcam, videos I uploaded from my camera, videos online and off, etc.

I do have the latest version of flash though. Updated my video card driver too.

I'm pretty sure I have McAfee as my anti virus. I have not been able to cam live at all since getting this machine so I don't know anything about how it would work with that.

Neither of those bunny videos linked worked. The youtube one stopped after 11 seconds and the other wouldn't play at all.

I was able to play videos the first time I turned on the machine and got everything working but the next day after an update was when all the video trouble started. I have not tried the hardware acceleration yet. Once I get home from the grocery store I'll try that and see if it works.

Thanks for all the suggestions. :) They're a lot more helpful than what I've found elsewhere online.

blackxrose said:
but the next day after an update was when all the video trouble started.
windows update? you could use system restore and install every update individually to see which one breaks your video.

crappuccino said:
blackxrose said:
but the next day after an update was when all the video trouble started.
windows update? you could use system restore and install every update individually to see which one breaks your video.
I already tried that but couldn't figure out what caused it. BJ did a system restore and figured out which update caused the internet to stop going through though.

bawksy said:
Once you've verified Flash is up to date, and you're still having issues, try turning off hardware acceleration. Hardware acceleration usually helps video play more smoothly, but it is dependent on the proper working of your video card drivers, which are notoriously buggy. To do this, pull up that right click menu again, and this time click the 3rd option from the bottom which should be "Settings...". With the leftmost tab selected, you'll see a checkbox for hardware acceleration (pictured below). Uncheck it, then click "Close", and then close all open web browsers. Next time you try playing a video, hopefully the problem will have gone away.
This worked!! Hooray! :D Thank you. So far it looks like streaming videos work again.

you'll probably have trouble playing higher resolution videos now though. maybe try disabling video postprocessing in your video card driver instead.

crappuccino said:
you'll probably have trouble playing higher resolution videos now though. maybe try disabling video postprocessing in your video card driver instead.
Nope. I tested it out with AlexLady's videos last night and it worked just fine. :) No choppiness, buffering problems or anything.

:clap: :cool: Glad to hear it's all working again.

The update could have been for anything. Windows, Acer utils, Nvidia, AV, other "essential extras" take your pick.

Apart from very custom computers I gave up building my own and started buying branded machines because it was easier and actually cheaper.
Unfortunately the amount of auto-updating "essential extras" installed by the manufacture can cause more problems and the first thing I usually do is get rid of it all.

Yeah, Adobe Flash and your video drivers are both fickle beasts. One thing to note is that the next time Adobe Flash automatically updates itself, it'll probably restore itself to the default settings with hardware acceleration enabled without telling you. This might not necessarily be a bad thing, if the new version fixes whatever was ailing you in the first place, but if shit just stops working again for no reason, it's something to check.

Reactions: Rose and LadyLuna
I didn't find better place to ask about this......
So I can't open my cam, it isn't working on software or with broadcaster.
In broadcaster I get just withe screen, don't see even fields to enter my name and password, and with software every time I try to open my cam I get message that there is no flash on my laptop. So I update it...again same story. Then try to remove it, I used instructions from link below

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/vie ... ?t=1100733

it didn't work after several attempts, then used other link below

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... ndows.html

not sure did this work also. Anyway I installed flash again, I see it is version 11.3.31.232 but no sign that my cam would work.
Anyone have some advice? :pray: I am running in circles here :roll:

CherryAn said:
I didn't find better place to ask about this......
So I can't open my cam, it isn't working on software or with broadcaster.
In broadcaster I get just withe screen, don't see even fields to enter my name and password, and with software every time I try to open my cam I get message that there is no flash on my laptop. So I update it...again same story. Then try to remove it, I used instructions from link below

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/vie ... ?t=1100733

it didn't work after several attempts, then used other link below

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... ndows.html

not sure did this work also. Anyway I installed flash again, I see it is version 11.3.31.232 but no sign that my cam would work.

I know of several models having the same problem today/yesterday. They kept trying and 2 finally were able to open the cam and work without doing anything to their system. [Haven't heard from the others.] Sounds like something to do with the 'emergency server maint' crap MFC did the other day.

CherryAn said:
Anyway I installed flash again, I see it is version 11.3.31.232 but no sign that my cam would work.

I will not be held responsible if anything bad happens if you use the info in this reply. You are on your own and assume all risks with using this info. If it goes tits up then sorry about your luck.

The current version of Adobe Flash Player is 11.4.402.265. If you are seeing 11.3.31.232 then you are using the Google Chrome browser and its built in Pepper-based Flash Player.

The white screen can usually be fixed by clearing the Flash Player cache.

Normally I clear two things and it fixes any problems I have on MFC as a member. Empty the cache and Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data.

Go to chrome://chrome/settings/clearBrowserData then set things as I have in the screen cap below then click Clear browsing data. Close Google Chrome and reopen it.

Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data will clear the Flash Player cache only if you are using the Flash Players built in to Google Chrome. It will not clear the Flash Player cache if you are using the Adobe Flash Player Plugin. It also clears some other things too.

If for some reason you are not using the Flash Players built into Google Chrome and are using the Adobe Flash Player Plug-in then you need to do what is in the screen cap below. This also works if you are using Internet Explorer and the Adobe Flash Player ActiveX.

In my opinion Google Chrome's Pepper-based Flash Player is more trouble than it is worth. It has caused nothing but problems with lots of things. I disable it.

Note: For some reason AmberCutie and MFC Support don't recommend doing this. Why I don't know. All it does it make Google Chrome behave the way it did before version 21 came out. Google Chrome did use its built in Flash Player by default. After version 21 came out it started using its built in Pepper-based Flash Player by default.

Note: Google likes to re-enable it's built in Flash Players every time it updates Google Chrome to a new version. So when it updates you will need to recheck these settings.

Go to chrome://plugins/ click on the + next to Details. Then disable the Pepper-based Flash Player. Close Google Chrome and reopen it.

Attachments

• Clear Browser Data.PNG
    Clear Browser Data.PNG
    93.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Adobe Flash Player.PNG
    Adobe Flash Player.PNG
    170.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Pepper Flash Player.PNG
    Pepper Flash Player.PNG
    100.4 KB · Views: 104
After looking at the last screen capture in my reply above it might be confusing to some.

If it shows Enable then the item is disabled. If it shows Disable then the item is enabled.

Airwolfe said:
Note: For some reason AmberCutie and MFC Support don't recommend doing this. Why I don't know. All it does it make Google Chrome behave the way it did before version 21 came out. Google Chrome did use its built in Flash Player by default. After version 21 came out it started using its built in Pepper-based Flash Player by default.
It could very well be that because when Chrome updates, it will also update the custom Flash that Google uses. If you disable the Chrome-Flash (for lack of a better term), the user may have to update the Adobe Flash manually, even when your Adobe Flash settings are set to auto-update. There are a ton of users who don't check for any updates, much less that pesky Flash ;)

Reactions: LadyLuna
There was concern about that when I first suggested disabling Google Chrome's Pepper-based Flash Player.

The first thing I did when Chrome 21 came out was to disable the Pepper-based Flash Player on all my computers. Every single time that Chrome has updated it also updated both of its built in Flash Players and re-enabled them.

Pissed me the fuck off too because I had to go around and disable it on all of them again.

My main suggestion is just clearing the caches.

Disabling the Pepper-based Flash Player in Google Chrome is optional.

Even newbie like me understand part from other capture, but I didn't get to it. Just cleared cache and deleted cookies so now my camera works in chrome. In software it's showing me that I don't have flash :?
Even my cam was slower in chrome it is progress so big thank you from Bosnia!

CherryAn said:
Even newbie like me understand part from other capture, but I didn't get to it. Just cleared cache and deleted cookies so now my camera works in chrome. In software it's showing me that I don't have flash :?
Even my cam was slower in chrome it is progress so big thank you from Bosnia!

You are welcome.

Well if you have the newest Google Chrome it has two built in Flash Players. If you installed the Adobe Flash Player Plug-in then you now have three Flash Players in Google Chrome.

Surely one of them has to work.

Disable the bottom two and restart your browser and see if it works. If it doesn't then disable the top one and the bottom one restart your browser and see if it works. If it doesn't then disable the top two and restart your browser and see if it works.

If none of them work then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe uninstall Google Chrome and the Adobe Flash Player Plug-in and install Google Chrome again.

Wait I just thought of something. The MFC Model Software runs on Microsoft Internet Explorer technology. It doesn't run in Internet Explorer but it needs to have the Adobe Flash Player ActiveX installed in Internet Explorer to work right.

You need to open Internet Explorer and go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and install the Adobe Flash Player ActiveX.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I did uninstall Chrome and Flash last and then install them back but I have just one Adobe Flash Player Plug-in now and it worked today just after clearing cache and cookies :?

I will try now with IE.....thanks again :)

I tried now to install Flash in IE and didn't found anything about Adobe Flash Player ActiveX. Just Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.265
and when I install that one only difference with software is that I can now open my room, still no video or sound there

Oh well :shifty:

If you look at my second screen capture about clearing the Adobe Flash Player's cache you can tell if you have the Adobe Flash Player ActiveX installed.

Try clicking on Flash Settings in the model software and making sure you have the right webcam and microphone selected.

I have Adobe Flash Player ActiveX installed, everything exactly like on your second capture and after clearing cache still no luck with software. Nothing happens when I click on Flash Settings in the model software, absolutely nothing :?

Well this is rather annoying now....

Status
Not open for further replies.