AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

cam freezing, plz help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2020
Hi! I have been a CB model for a couple months, until last night, I was on my usual setting, it was all good and all of a sudden the cam started freezing when I was in a lot of movements (my body, not my laptop)

I tried different browsers, ethernet cables, I even switched to another internet (and the speed test for both internet came back ok, the upload speed is around 2, I know it's not much, but i have been broadcasting with this setting for the last couple months without problem)

My username is emoasian69, and I appreciate any help! I'm in university and weekend is crucial for me as this is the only time i can work late into night. I'm also based in Europe if that matters.

Is your cam built-in or extern? If it is totally frozen, to me this sounds like a hardware-issue. Try to login with another computer and/or another cam, e.g. an extern usb-webcam.
Another possibility is to update the driver of your cam. I do not think this could be an issue of your account.

Upvote 0
If it's happening when you move around, it sounds like your processor is bottlenecking a bit. A couple things can help:

-Restart right before you broadcast, to help clear your ram cache.

-If you have multiple tabs and browsers open, close anything you don't need. Same for other programs or software.

-Are you well lit? If it's too dark, your camera has to work harder to properly expose each frame, which makes your FPS tank. Try bumping up the lights around you and see if that helps!

-You might also want to lower the quality of your broadcast- if you're trying HD, def move down to SD if your upload rate is still 2.

Upvote 0
is it completely freezing and not unfreezing by itself and to get it working again you have to unplug and replug or disable/enable?
Thank you for replying! Yes! It would totally freeze and wouldn’t move at all. I Would refresh And it would work for another 5 seconds and freeze again

Upvote 0
If it's happening when you move around, it sounds like your processor is bottlenecking a bit. A couple things can help:

-Restart right before you broadcast, to help clear your ram cache.

-If you have multiple tabs and browsers open, close anything you don't need. Same for other programs or software.

-Are you well lit? If it's too dark, your camera has to work harder to properly expose each frame, which makes your FPS tank. Try bumping up the lights around you and see if that helps!

-You might also want to lower the quality of your broadcast- if you're trying HD, def move down to SD if your upload rate is still 2.
Thank you for ur help! I will try all above suggestions!

Upvote 0
Is your cam built-in or extern? If it is totally frozen, to me this sounds like a hardware-issue. Try to login with another computer and/or another cam, e.g. an extern usb-webcam.
Another possibility is to update the driver of your cam. I do not think this could be an issue of your account.
Thank you for your time! Ahh I was afraid it’s something about the hardware. I bought a refurbished MacBook this year for camming. What a crazy year. But the refurbished one is also from a 2019 model. Does it go back so quickly?
I don’t think there’s a drive for this externa can I’m using? I just plug it in and it works lol.
I tried w built in camera, same result!

Upvote 0
Thank you for your time! Ahh I was afraid it’s something about the hardware. I bought a refurbished MacBook this year for camming. What a crazy year. But the refurbished one is also from a 2019 model. Does it go back so quickly?
I don’t think there’s a drive for this externa can I’m using? I just plug it in and it works lol.

So you have a complete freeze with both cams, built-in and external? Then a hardware failure of the cameras is most unlikely because 2 elements don't fail at once.

Next helpful steps can be:
- Browse www.fast.com and tell us your DL/UL-rate to exclude an internet-issue
- Check activity monitor if there is another process that slows down the performance of your macbook (which has a high %CPU)
- In "security and privacy" there is a setting for cameras. Here you can allow or disallow application access to your cam. Maybe another app uses the cam and if 2 apps use it simultaneously, the result could be a freeze
- Search for a camera-app on your Mac. Non-Apple computers usually have such an app, where you can check out the functionality of the cam and also varify settings. If you find settings try out, e.g. if a lower resolution stops the freeze.

Upvote 0

Are you using OBS? Macbooks and OBS need a little bit more finetuning to work stable in most cases

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.