AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam girls who don't come through after you make a purchase

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2015
As a member, what do you do? Do you just chalk it up as a loss and move on? Also, have more questions for those that read the long version.

Long story short, made a purchase back in February, keep getting the run around and still nothing. More details below.

Talk with model and explain custom request. They agree and give me a price. I gladly pay the amount and she tells me she'll get them done this week or beginning of next week. I wait two weeks and before checking in. She was sick, and said she'd get to them later in the week. Two weeks go by and I check in again. Don't hear anything for a week so I check in again. She says she hasn't been able to work so she's been focusing on camming. Say's she'll try to do them Monday.

A week and a half goes by so I check in. An additional two weeks go by with no response so I check in again. Sick again. Says she'll work on them this week. Another two weeks go by so I check in yet again. This time I'm kind of losing patience so I email in 3 days after no response. She apologizes, says she had free time when I bought them, but then got sick. Says she'll have to find time and she'll get to them when she can.

This time I wait a month. Nothing. Sent a message 5 days ago with no response yet. Plan to send another tomorrow (though I have a feeling you guys will tell me I should have given up a while ago).

I'm generally very patient. I don't try to rush anyone. I understand life happens. You get busy with personal situations, you get sick, etc. However, after a certain point patience starts to wane. After 4 months, my patience has gotten thin.

For those that read the long version, what could I have done differently? Should I have given up sooner? Should I have kept up contact more often instead of waiting two weeks?

With regards to the model, does anything like a review site exist? I doubt it, but figure I'd ask. For me, it's not about the loss, but more I hope others don't get screwed. I haven't mentioned her name here because I don't want to name and shame (not even sure naming models is against the rules). I'm not going to go on a social media tirade either.

Anyways, sorry for the long message. My brain is always on overdrive and I always overthink even the simplest of situations. I'm interested in your opinions as both models and members. Do models think I contacted too much? Do members think I should have given up and cut my losses sooner? etc.

As a model I am thoroughly dissapointed in this person's behavior and lack of attention to her members/clientele. I generally can give the benefit of the doubt that things happen, people get sick and maybe some extra time is needed...but as a model who also offers customs and such, I generally like to give myself a few days padding for unexpected situations when arranging an expected delivery date. I would have probably advised asking for some sort of compensation in return or depending on the amount, chalking it up to a loss and possibly leaving a review or comment regarding the basics of the situation on a profile or something.

My husband gotten the shaft on goods/services purchased from a cam girl who didn't fulfill what she sold to him (a Skype show in his case). Because of the amount he paid for said show, he didn't even originally tell me about it and when I did find out about it, we both just chalked it up to a loss. Upon further investigation on this cam girl, I have also found that she's rather lazy in general and probably just really needed the tokens that badly so.... *shrug*

Either way, this far into the situation I think you best option is to either forget about it an move on, or ask her for some sort of content or entertainment equivalent to the purchase that you've made.

If you have bought the custom with tokens or through a service likes Clips4Sale. Your second stop should be with the place like MFC that sold tokens. In the specific case of MFC, you'll likely have to send in a second request, to get customer supports attention. However, as long as you have some documentation, (emails preferable chat logs) most of the time they will put pressure on the model to either deliver the product or refund your tokens. This won't always happen but definitely does happen.

Now if you used Paypal, Amazon GiftCards or some other payment mechanism you are shit of luck.
It does happen to almost all of us who get customs or skype shows and even sometimes just buying vanilla videos.

As for the review site the short answer is no. Models are pretty lucky when the get scammed by a member (and it does happen also). They can use things like twitter to get the message out. The typical camgirl has thousands of follower including scores if not hundreds of models. So when they say Joe9inch is a scammer the have an effective platform. The average member problem has maybe 100 followers and 5 other members so twitter doesn't work for them.

Every time someone proposes a review site, it gets slammed on ACF. I should add for perfectly good reasons most sound like a BS scam site to me also.

Feel free to PM me the name, all let you known if I've heard other complaints.

I would suggest arranging for every thing as a private. It creates a mutally benifical arragnement. And It avoids situations that are bad for models and for patrons.

Either way, this far into the situation I think you best option is to either forget about it an move on, or ask her for some sort of content or entertainment equivalent to the purchase that you've made.

That's a good idea. I guess I will try and ask for some equivalent. Thank you for the response. It's unfortunate it happened to your husband as well. I wish it wasn't so easy for them to get away with!

As for the review site the short answer is no. Models are pretty lucky when the get scammed by a member (and it does happen also). They can use things like twitter to get the message out. The typical camgirl has thousands of follower including scores if not hundreds of models. So when they say Joe9inch is a scammer the have an effective platform. The average member problem has maybe 100 followers and 5 other members so twitter doesn't work for them.

That's essentially the issue. I've seen customers (not sure if customer is the right word) get blasted on Twitter. I'm sure they deserved it. Usually screenshots are posted by the model so you can tell they deserved it. Unfortunately it's not a two way street. When the customer gets screwed, there's nothing they can do. It's just a chalk it up as a loss situation. When those losses pile up you start getting discouraged as you see no consequences.

I would suggest arranging for every thing as a private. It creates a mutally benifical arragnement. And It avoids situations that are bad for models and for patrons.

MFC keeps the privates in your history, so long as you don't delete them. This way, it's paid from the token pool you have at the time. I have had a couple of custom videos made. But, I knew the models for awhile, and had already done a couple of privates with them.

I think it's rare that a model scams. But, in cases such as the OP, I would just chalk it up to a learning experience and move on. Perhaps sending a message to support, with documented proof, might be beneficial just for logging said issue. Unsure if whatever the site is logs these or not.

I love doing customs and if I happen to be really busy and really can't deliver at the arranged time, I apologize and send some ready made videos to keep my customers happy until I can deliver. I try not to take longer than a week at MOST. Fastest delivery time is usually 24 hours. More than 4 months is completely unaaceptable.

I think it's rare that a model scams.

In general I agree with you, I've never not received a video or had a skype I tipped for. Except bloody snapchat where getting an add and nothing else isn't uncommon.

Except bloody snapchat where getting an add and nothing else isn't uncommon.
Models add you then never post to their story? Or are you expecting direct snaps from them?

I think it's pretty common to add a person who bought access then possibly never interact directly with him if the girl only uses her story for snaps. Not sure if you mean that, though.

I think it's pretty common to add a person who bought access then possibly never interact directly with him if the girl only uses her story for snaps. Not sure if you mean that, though.

There are models who's lifetime snap on their story consist of two snaps after two months, one of which was announced she was getting on MFC. Or my personal favorite was pretty expensive lifetime snap that after month, she announced that because someone took screen shoots and post the screen shots, she was deleting everyone's snaps and having us rebuy. I actually followed my own advice and complained to MFC, but to no avail. I've decided life is too short to get too worked up about this stuff.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Smores
There are models who's lifetime snap on their story consist of two snaps after two months, one of which was announced she was getting on MFC.

I post on my Snap story every time I'm about to log on MFC so people know when to find me, I'm not sure why this is a bad thing?

I post on my Snap story every time I'm about to log on MFC so people know when to find me, I'm not sure why this is a bad thing?

Oh it is not all. I've long said that camgirl should view snapchat more as a marketing tool than a money making tool. But when you literally have only posted two snaps in two months, when one of them is basically an ad, it is annoying. Now if she made 3-4 snaps a day, 5+ days a week and snapped sexy pictures of her outfit before getting online that would be good.

People dont like paying for the privilege of being on a leash.
They could sign up for a email notice from mfc if they really wanted to. People can get email on phones now. I even set mfc mail as VIP so it has a special ding when it comes in.

People pay for either sexy pics, or a look behind the scene at your day to day life. generally a member should know the model they're buying snapchat from so they know what to expect. Or ask a regular what its like.

If all you ever do is notify "I"ll be on in 2 hours", "I'm getting ready now", "never mind something came up/I'm here, get in here" that's what a free twitter account is for. You could even have mfc auto post to twitter when you log in.
But if you also have other pics, (even 2 a week), then its perfectly normal.

When Hi says snap is a marketing tool, I agree. Its about building engagement. You do that by posting more than just "I'm online get in here"

I think it sounds like you handled it perfectly, exactly how I would suggest. Did you pay through a site like mfc or manyvids? If so you can email support with all contacts for proof to see if you can get your money back

Last edited:
As a member, what do you do? Do you just chalk it up as a loss and move on?
For the most part this is the easiest option, that will get you back enjoying other models the fastest.

There are a few little things that you can do depending on your creativity, time, timing, and any influence you can exert, but few of them very classy or much fun. I am a big believer in 'minimal effective response' with the aim of getting back in the game.
Getting too frustrated/ angry over something that should be fun is overrated, better to learn from it and move on most times.

At the very least this gives you guilt-free freeloading privileges until you get your value back. If you want to make the point in a less direct way try adding all your token purchases from her room, then transfer them slowly to storage like you are spending.
On the more direct side of things just tell her that you 'can't spend on her' again until she keeps her word; leave the option that you may spend when you get what you want open.

Last time I was ripped off for a tip, I refused to spend until the model gave me what I paid for. I would visit, no animosity as though I had forgotten, but never tip. If she asked for a tip, I simply said I can't yet, reminding her if she asked why not. I tipped her work partners but not her. It took a few weeks but she gave me what I paid for, and I was able to tip her again.

• Helpful!
Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
I disagree. I think, based on experience, cam girls ripping off guys when they can, is pretty common and act accordingly; I've exchanged cash/tokens for 3 things 'off piste' and of the 3 only 1 worked without a hitch, that being some original artwork from a model who is also an artist. The other 2, the things I did to resolve the issues to my satisfaction where
- pay via camsite tokens where possible so could then contact their support for a refund
- screenshot what was agreed/to be provided chat
- in one instance spelled out exactly on twitter what had happened and who had done it with this encouraging the cam girl to meet what had been originally agreed
- other things I should have done - pay a deposit only/drip feed purchases

Camming is a hustle. Respect that, but also acknowledge it and act accordingly. Been chatting to a cam girl offline for years? Don;t necessarily mean dick. Maybe she's ripping you off cos she's lazy or maybe its just her way of saying 'FU'

Models add you then never post to their story? Or are you expecting direct snaps from them?

Possibly I am doing it wrong, just looked and the only story i have is yours - didn't know that was there for sure!

Guess I assumed they would be direct snaps but sent to a number of people?

Possibly I am doing it wrong, just looked and the only story i have is yours - didn't know that was there for sure!

Guess I assumed they would be direct snaps but sent to a number of people?
Many cam girls would have a big handful of subscribers to manually click through to send direct snaps, so most of us only post to story so all of our friends can see them (and replay them as many times as you like). Posts to story stay there for 24 hours.

Many cam girls would have a big handful of subscribers to manually click through to send direct snaps, so most of us only post to story so all of our friends can see them (and replay them as many times as you like). Posts to story stay there for 24 hours.

I've had a couple whom I think put me on a different list, as well as the storeline, so I get some extra snaps. But, they are direct snaps, or possibly from some software. Dunno, don't think too much about the back end how they do it. I just admire. ;)

I've only ever had direct snaps, didnt realise it worked another way. Understand the problem of lots of subscribers.

Every time someone proposes a review site, it gets slammed on ACF. I should add for perfectly good reasons most sound like a BS scam site to me also.

Feel free to PM me the name, all let you known if I've heard other complaints.

I've been sayin'.

I like to think I'm a good member of the camming community. I get it, dudes tend to be entitled shitbags and so trust in them must be earned. Totally fine. But these conditions have created an environment where member complaints/spaces are treated with a frustrating hostility from models and that really sucks because a lot of valid criticism is being lumped in with that basic male entitlement to make it easy to sweep aside. The Member Confess account is looked down upon by a lot of models I like and respect and while I'll be the first to tell you that not every submission is a winner, this is kinda heartbreaking.

We need our spaces too

I've been sayin'.

I like to think I'm a good member of the camming community. I get it, dudes tend to be entitled shitbags and so trust in them must be earned. Totally fine. But these conditions have created an environment where member complaints/spaces are treated with a frustrating hostility from models and that really sucks because a lot of valid criticism is being lumped in with that basic male entitlement to make it easy to sweep aside. The Member Confess account is looked down upon by a lot of models I like and respect and while I'll be the first to tell you that not every submission is a winner, this is kinda heartbreaking.

We need our spaces too
If the member's confess twitter was used/run/submitted to properly it would be a really good tool. Unfortunately I think too many troll or bitching submissions were posted and it really brought down the quality of the message it could have promoted. I keep an eye on this twitter, too, which unfortunately gets it's fair share of drama: https://twitter.com/MemberBlasts

If the member's confess twitter was used/run/submitted to properly it would be a really good tool. Unfortunately I think too many troll or bitching submissions were posted and it really brought down the quality of the message it could have promoted. I keep an eye on this twitter, too, which unfortunately gets it's fair share of drama: https://twitter.com/MemberBlasts

Yeah, I follow Member Blasts too. They've clearly jumped the gun at times and I could do without the haughty tone but their heart is in the right place.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Yeah, I follow Member Blasts too. They've clearly jumped the gun at times and I could do without the haughty tone but their heart is in the right place.
Thanks for the shoutout. We do agree, we have jumped the gun a few times - but have been able to admit our mistakes and publicly retract them, and we have learned from those experiences. We're new to this, but we're trying.

And apologies for the haughty tones. We're a part of the member community (and one of us used to be part of the Model community as well), but when we see some of the posts coming our way, we do feel a bit like "a better person than they are" and that can come off as arrogant.

While our main focus is to help point out models who have legitimately done wrongdoings - we don't want to be an account of "all models are bad" - because most models are great people and we admire what they do. Which is why we also make sure to blast members who scam or otherwise harass models and should be avoided in a likewise fashion.

But yes - nobody's perfect, we're always open to suggestions for improvement, and as we like to say: "Our DMs are always open."

Reactions: opphs
Thanks for the shoutout. We do agree, we have jumped the gun a few times - but have been able to admit our mistakes and publicly retract them, and we have learned from those experiences. We're new to this, but we're trying.

And apologies for the haughty tones. We're a part of the member community (and one of us used to be part of the Model community as well), but when we see some of the posts coming our way, we do feel a bit like "a better person than they are" and that can come off as arrogant.

While our main focus is to help point out models who have legitimately done wrongdoings - we don't want to be an account of "all models are bad" - because most models are great people and we admire what they do. Which is why we also make sure to blast members who scam or otherwise harass models and should be avoided in a likewise fashion.

But yes - nobody's perfect, we're always open to suggestions for improvement, and as we like to say: "Our DMs are always open."

If you want to balance it out to make sure 'not all models are bad' becomes your main message, instead of focusing on also blasting bad members (which to me just says "members are just as bad! WE ALL SUCK!) what about creating a day every week or month that you focus on spotlighting models that have a fantastic reputation. Ask for submissions that recommend models who have provided a fantastic experience. I'd love to see it balance out a bit because reading your feed right now feels super mired in drama. Even these cc submissions where you're like "i need some actual evidence" you're still publishing the claims .. which people will read and believe.

If you want to balance it out to make sure 'not all models are bad' becomes your main message, instead of focusing on also blasting bad members (which to me just says "members are just as bad! WE ALL SUCK!) what about creating a day every week or month that you focus on spotlighting models that have a fantastic reputation. Ask for submissions that recommend models who have provided a fantastic experience. I'd love to see it balance out a bit because reading your feed right now feels super mired in drama. Even these cc submissions where you're like "i need some actual evidence" you're still publishing the claims .. which people will read and believe.
We can totally be on board with creating an #OnPoint counterbalance to the #OnBlast.

Honest questions: Would any type of model-promotion from our account be construed by members or models as favoritism and leave us seen as more biased? With blasts, we can target both models and members alike for scamming - a scam is a scam is a scam. With promotion, is it possible to promote models AND members? We could certainly do this as a submission/nomination tactic and wind up with a Model and Member as #OnPoint for the week.

Just spit-balling ideas, seeing if this could work and the best way to bring it to practice.

We can totally be on board with creating an #OnPoint counterbalance to the #OnBlast.

Honest questions: Would any type of model-promotion from our account be construed by members or models as favoritism and leave us seen as more biased? With blasts, we can target both models and members alike for scamming - a scam is a scam is a scam. With promotion, is it possible to promote models AND members? We could certainly do this as a submission/nomination tactic and wind up with a Model and Member as #OnPoint for the week.

Just spit-balling ideas, seeing if this could work and the best way to bring it to practice.
Personally I don't think it would be biased. Members aren't actively advertising themselves to models, in fact I bet many would want to avoid the attention they'd get. Plus it seems like your site is aimed towards members who are looking for models.

Personally I don't think it would be biased. Members aren't actively advertising themselves to models, in fact I bet many would want to avoid the attention they'd get. Plus it seems like your site is aimed towards members who are looking for models.

The sites already give models many tools to deal with disruptive or bad members. Many sites DON'T have any sort of customer protections. Memberblast gives members with proof at least some way to voice concerns or warn against some models behaviors.

Depending on the site in question models DON'T have incentive to 'do the right thing' because they know the member's voice is so limited in comparison or that the site will protect the model from refunds.

I don't think membersblast needs to 'prove' they're on anyone's 'side' they just need to help vet and report legitimate concerns.

The sites already give models many tools to deal with disruptive or bad members. Many sites DON'T have any sort of customer protections. Memberblast gives members with proof at least some way to voice concerns or warn against some models behaviors.

Depending on the site in question models DON'T have incentive to 'do the right thing' because they know the member's voice is so limited in comparison or that the site will protect the model from refunds.

I don't think membersblast needs to 'prove' they're on anyone's 'side' they just need to help vet and report legitimate concerns.
I don't know why you're quoting my post about this....? I'm responding to them asking if they need to advertise good members so they don't seem biased by advertising good models. I said no because they're presumably catering their site to members who are looking for models. What part of my post are you addressing?

Status
Not open for further replies.