AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam Girls, You Are Enough (Public Post)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
(With permission of @Mojito____MFC I am copying and posting this in the public area as she created this very sweet thread in the models only section previously. )

There are those days when you get an insanely huge tip and practically want to cry.
When EVERYONE wants to take you private.
When your chat room is full of so many people that you can't possibly respond to them all.
When everyone wants you, compliments you, and makes you feel like a total babe.
And you DO feel like a total babe.
You've got the wind (from a fan) blowing in your hair, the light hits you just right, and your makeup in on point.
And even if you don't feel like you look perfect, the positive response in your chatroom and the constant flow of tips make you feel like you're doing something right.

This thread is not about those days.

This is for the nights when you only made $7 and you feel like shit.
When your ranking on the site tanks, or doesn't climb the way you wanted it to.
The reality is that you are selling a part of yourself, so when they aren't buying, it can make you wonder... what's wrong with me?
Am I not pretty enough, creative enough, funny enough, smart enough, explicit enough?
Do I need a better webcam, better sound, better lighting, better clothes, better toys, better everything?

I want you to know that whether you made $1 tonight or $10,000, it does not change your value.
The only thing that determines your value is what YOU think of you.

There's going to be slow nights. And slow months. And maybe even slower years.
Some of this is within our control, and some of it's not.
Feel free to bring your A game - upgrade your tech, make up a new game, create some content.

Just know that you ARE enough, just as you are.
No ranking on a cam site, or number of dollars or tokens can ever determine your true value.

Don't compromise your values or level of comfort to make money. Let go of caring what others think of you and your inner spark and beautiful awesomeness will shine like a 5-carat diamond.
When the viewers see your spark, the real you.... the way your eyes light up when you talk about something you're interested in, when you find something genuinely funny, or when you are truly truly turned on because you're keeping the sexual activity to things that do it for you... the dollars flow.

And when the dollars don't flow - remember that it's not about you.

You are enough (and so am I.)

Love always,
Mojito
Inspirational Writer & (new-ish) Cam Girl :)

I hope @Mojito____MFC comes to post here so you all can lavish her with nice post ratings! I found her post very inspirational and well written and it really hit home.

So let this thread be a giant hug and a motivational smack on the ass to any cam girl who needed a little pick me up pep talk. Re-read this when you're having one of those days. Make yourself take a deep breath and smile.

Edit to add: since this is meant to be an uplifting post for cam girls, I will delete and warn for anything hurtful or obnoxious posted within this thread.

Last edited:
What inspires me is how you models put your game faces back on and fire up the cam again and again during those down periods. Inside you may be feeling low and wondering how you're going to pay the bills, but on the outside you put on a smile and keep plugging away. I know you have to do that to be successful, but I find it courageous and inspiring nonetheless.

Well, fuck, that just made me cry!

This is so true... just because you have some slow nights, it doesn't mean you are any less amazing!! I have been feeling pretty down the past week because I either have an AMAZING night or a completely dead night. On those dead nights, when no one is even talking, let alone tipping, it makes you feel awful.

I will remember this post the next time I'm feeling down. Thank you for posting this here. ;-;

• Hugs
Reactions: BlairRayvin
I really needed this today. After several weeks of dead rooms? No talking? No tipping? Offline requests for free content. Ugh. I'm sitting here, dressed and ready to go on cam and dreading it. I came on AFC to get motivation and found this.
Thank you OP and Amber and everyone.
Xo

Wow, thank you everyone for this response. I'm so glad it touched others.

I wrote this article after a really frustrating night where I only made $7. I got really upset and thrown out of sorts about it, but I realized it wasn't the lack of money I was upset about. It was the fact that I was confusing the money I made and the response to me (positive or negative) from members with my worth.

I thought... if I feel this way, then other cam girls might too.
Let's not get confused about our value anymore.
When camming, no amount of compliments or dollars or tokens are ever going to "increase our worth."
And no lack of those things take it away.

Good night or bad night, we are all still awesome and wonderful and amazing. :h:

Last edited:
I think i'm going to print this out and post it in my cam room for the days I feel like crap after not making goals, because at the end of the day no amount of tokens can determine my worth.
:h:

Reactions: MojitosJourney
This is such a pick me up .. so many times I sit on cam and the room is quiet and I think is it me? are they bored of me? have i got something wrong with me that causes so many people to come and go in a matter of seconds? and so the mood drops and i'm counting down the minutes on the clock.

Reactions: MojitosJourney
I love this. Lately I've had a very hard time convincing myself of this. It's easy to see other girls and know how true it is but I just can't feel it for myself.

I've been in that place before. It's possible to come out of it! Just takes some healing. Message me if you ever want to chat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.