AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam model retreat

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KenzieCams

Cam Model
Jan 29, 2020
Florida
allmylinks.com
I am finishing up my masters in clinical social work and all I want to do at the moment is work with fellow sex workers. I have this lofty goal of hosting model retreats where there is a focus on self-care and sex worker specific issues. I'd like to have workshops, group therapy, and tons of fun things and self-care activities. Would you ever attend something like that?

Absolutely!

Reactions: KenzieCams
I love this idea.

love to go to something without cameras. /no expectations to stream.
Yessss this! I saw a tweet earlier about a Domme retreat that's happening now and there was a sub replying asking if this became a regular thing, could subs be included? and that just sounds horrible to me.

The worst part of this job for me is interacting with members (lots are great, but plenty are not) and I would love something that was just for SWers. We could learn from each other and do workshops and stuff, but I wouldn't want it to become something where there's an expectation to include members in some way (e.g. streaming, making partnered content, etc.). I just wanna relax and learn and hang out with other SWers ❤️

I love this idea.

love to go to something without cameras. /no expectations to stream.
and no fucking fan involvement. there have been retreats/model conventions where fans can pay for the model's pass/cost, be in attendance at the planned events, and stay at the same hotel 🙃
i want to go hang out with my bbs and not have to entertain or be around members.

or ridiculously expensive. i hate when they appeal towards luxury/rich tastes. no hate if you enjoy the good expensive stuff.

Noooo camming involved at my dream retreat. Keyword RETREAT, to recenter and rest before getting back to the real world. No one should have to be "on", which is how I felt at exxxotica weekend, even though I was surrounded by awesome cam coworkers.

In my former life as a first responder, I went to a retreat and we worked through our work traumas and created a huge bond in the group. Obviously, as cam models we don't deal with life or death scenarios, but it can be lonely not having coworkers. Or, for me having a double life, where not many people know I do this. I know that is common. Even the act of winging it and learning as you go can be daunting. I'd like the retreat to be a mix of bonding, education, relax, and self care.

No idea how to keep it very affordable, though, if I want to include meals, lodging, professionals, and other activities (massages?! Yesss). Maybe a payment plan option so not as steep. But I agree the focus should be on the experience rather than the frills.

No idea how to keep it very affordable, though, if I want to include meals, lodging, professionals, and other activities (massages?! Yesss). Maybe a payment plan option so not as steep. But I agree the focus should be on the experience rather than the frills.
I expect something like this will cost money, and be maybe a little pricey. It's more so the choosing the most expensive options because going for that luxury image.

I dont know, maybe this is something to collab with an organization like pineapple support on? i'm not sure how that would go about, but maybe they can help provide resources for the retreat. just spitballing ideas.

Reactions: KenzieCams
Noooo camming involved at my dream retreat. Keyword RETREAT, to recenter and rest before getting back to the real world. No one should have to be "on", which is how I felt at exxxotica weekend, even though I was surrounded by awesome cam coworkers.

In my former life as a first responder, I went to a retreat and we worked through our work traumas and created a huge bond in the group. Obviously, as cam models we don't deal with life or death scenarios, but it can be lonely not having coworkers. Or, for me having a double life, where not many people know I do this. I know that is common. Even the act of winging it and learning as you go can be daunting. I'd like the retreat to be a mix of bonding, education, relax, and self care.

Maybe pineapple support would help offset costs on something like this? Or other sex work non profits. At least to make it accessible to lower income folks

Status
Not open for further replies.