AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam Score ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2018
I understand Cam Score , But to me it just does not make any sense, i have model friends who say iam logging off for 2 hours because my Cam Score dropped , i thinks its a bad idea who is to say those 2 hours you might of missed out on a new regular or possible few good tippers. its almost like wanting to get a burger from Mcdonalds and when you arrive its closed so you end up at Burger king and spend your money. And iam sure some members search by Cam score but not all . i think Cam Score puts way to much pressure on you ladies, with the settings sections we can search for women by demographics , tags, etc. some guys become lounge lizards and search by clicking next . And to be honest i have had some friends search by Cam score but used it to find lower Cam score girls because they felt they would get more for there money. i just think cam score is over rated . ( Just my opinion)

Camscore is a source of anxiety for a lot of girls, including myself often. The longer we go without tips while online, the lower it gets, and the less busy our room is, which means less tips as well haha.

If you're having a slow day, rather than staying on for 6 hours straight with no tips, sometimes its better to do two hours, take a break, then come back again to a new and (hopefully tipping) crowd. Yeah there's a chance some whale could float on by during that break time and make the whole day worth it but the chances of that are low compared to the chance of it just.. continuing to be slow if it's already slow lol.

Wanna make a girls day better ? Tip her offline if she logs off for a break. It increases camscore as well.

Camscore is a source of anxiety for a lot of girls, including myself often. The longer we go without tips while online, the lower it gets, and the less busy our room is, which means less tips as well haha.

If you're having a slow day, rather than staying on for 6 hours straight with no tips, sometimes its better to do two hours, take a break, then come back again to a new and (hopefully tipping) crowd. Yeah there's a chance some whale could float on by during that break time and make the whole day worth it but the chances of that are low compared to the chance of it just.. continuing to be slow if it's already slow lol.
Very good point , makes alot of sense, thank you
Wanna make a girls day better ? Tip her offline if she logs off for a break. It increases camscore as well.

Cam score is how models are automatically sorted on MFC. The higher the score, the higher a model will be at the top of the page, and of course the higher the placement, the higher the traffic.

Depending on what a model's score already is, have a very slow shift can make page placement tank, so subsequent shows can be even slower. The lower on the page you get, the more you have to just get lucky again before you can have a decent amount of visibility again.

When I was a newer model on there, I'd made a lot of mistake by staying on for 6-8 hours at a time even if it was hellishly slow. Some of those days I wouldn't even make $5, and the more days I had like that, the harder it was to do better, even if I was putting in the work and hours. I didn't realize that putting in more work and time was actually a huge detriment to doing well.

That said, even when I got my score above 2000, which was a substantially better amount of traffic, I would still have to be careful about when I logged online or stayed on. A 2500 score might do well in the afternoon or very very late evening, but between 6-10 PM when there were a lot more models online, I would get completely drowned out and had very few new visitors. A few overly slow shifts could really tank what was otherwise an okay placement, even at times when fewer models were online.

Hope that kind of helps explain why some models have a lot of anxiety over camscore and why some will leave when it gets slow.

Reactions: LenaSexton
Cam score is how models are automatically sorted on MFC. The higher the score, the higher a model will be at the top of the page, and of course the higher the placement, the higher the traffic.

Depending on what a model's score already is, have a very slow shift can make page placement tank, so subsequent shows can be even slower. The lower on the page you get, the more you have to just get lucky again before you can have a decent amount of visibility again.

When I was a newer model on there, I'd made a lot of mistake by staying on for 6-8 hours at a time even if it was hellishly slow. Some of those days I wouldn't even make $5, and the more days I had like that, the harder it was to do better, even if I was putting in the work and hours. I didn't realize that putting in more work and time was actually a huge detriment to doing well.

That said, even when I got my score above 2000, which was a substantially better amount of traffic, I would still have to be careful about when I logged online or stayed on. A 2500 score might do well in the afternoon or very very late evening, but between 6-10 PM when there were a lot more models online, I would get completely drowned out and had very few new visitors. A few overly slow shifts could really tank what was otherwise an okay placement, even at times when fewer models were online.

Hope that kind of helps explain why some models have a lot of anxiety over camscore and why some will leave when it gets slow.
Makes perfect sense , your girls our tough cookies, thank you for the information

Reactions: Sansa
Cam score is how models are automatically sorted on MFC.

Just for clarification. Cam score is how models are sorted on members screens by 'default' after creating an account. That is, until we learn how to change the sorting method and choose to do so. Once we understand there's a settings button, we can sort models by camscore, number in the room, alphabetically, the order models logged in, the newest models, or just in random order.

I myself haven't really had sorting set by camscore in probably 7 years. Off and on, for various reasons, yes, but not long term. Most of the people I chat with on the site (those who have been around a while that is, also don't sort by camscore always either.

To be honest, most of the people I chat with have it set to show their friends list first. And they have so many on them, they rarely get below their listings on the homepage. So, camscore really doesn't play much part in that method of sorting either.

Just for clarification. Cam score is how models are sorted on members screens by 'default' after creating an account. That is, until we learn how to change the sorting method and choose to do so. Once we understand there's a settings button, we can sort models by camscore, number in the room, alphabetically, the order models logged in, the newest models, or just in random order.

I myself haven't really had sorting set by camscore in probably 7 years. Off and on, for various reasons, yes, but not long term. Most of the people I chat with on the site (those who have been around a while that is, also don't sort by camscore always either.

To be honest, most of the people I chat with have it set to show their friends list first. And they have so many on them, they rarely get below their listings on the homepage. So, camscore really doesn't play much part in that method of sorting either.
I agree everything is based on member preference, I think Cam Score is just a lame method at times to make models work 2x as hard.

I personally like the camscore system. I might be the only one haha but it is an easy to understand default sorting system that makes more sense to me than many of the other camsites algorithm.
I also like that it’s a good indicator of my time and how well I’m utilizing it.

Hell some sites take into account your internet speed, and that’s pretty out of your control. I would hate to be affected so greatly by something I have no say in

I personally like the camscore system. I might be the only one haha but it is an easy to understand default sorting system that makes more sense to me than many of the other camsites algorithm.
I also like that it’s a good indicator of my time and how well I’m utilizing it.

Hell some sites take into account your internet speed, and that’s pretty out of your control. I would hate to be affected so greatly by something I have no say in
You serious about internet speed lol ? I hope coolsville has a well known service provider lol

Aren't friends shown at the top by default? I used to have a member account and could have sworn that friends automatically go to the top.

I have been working to improve my camscore. There ARE users who sort models by camscore and troll the lower scored girls to try to get things for free. That, or they are just wasting time and being shitheads in chat when a model is trying to hustle.

I agree, camscore sucks. But it's part if the business, and I need to keep an eye on it.

You serious about internet speed lol ? I hope coolsville has a well known service provider lol
Internet speeds play a large part in placement on Streamate but so does time online and earnings per hour.

I'm with you. We've had so many discussions over the last decade about what would be more fair and we haven't come up with one.
Just for clarification. Cam score is how models are sorted on members screens by 'default' after creating an account.
Don't forget that as a guest it's the default, too. So if a new dude rolls up looking for which room entices him enough to sign up, or a current member rolls up as a guest to see who is on and who he wants to log in and spend tokens on, cam score defines the order he sees it in unless he changes it manually.

• Helpful!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Aren't friends shown at the top by default? I used to have a member account and could have sworn that friends automatically go to the top.

All of the models that are on my friends list appear first I think usually in alphabetical order and then non-friends are listed in order by camscore. I'm a person that typically maintains a sort by camscore/and occasionally sort by alphabetical order. That said I don't let camscore dictate what models I choose to visit and so forth. I actually like to scroll down the page looking to see if models I'm not familiar with catch my eye.

Reactions: LenaSexton
I'm probably the outlier that sorts by Miss MFC ranking on my premium accounts.

My first month started off awesome with camscore- I had a 8700 which was ridiculous. Then it was horrible to see it drop. I barely look at it now but I also split cam. I’m sitting over 2800 which I think is good and I’m back in the top 1000. It does put a lot of pressure on models if that’s all you’re thinking about is “I neeeeed more tokens!” instead of enjoying yourself. When I relax, I tend to make more.

I live on the road full time in an rv and cam using mobile data, so it’s constantly changing depending on the service in my area.
However I cam only on mfc so as long as my stream is working (mfc is not data heavy) it doesn’t affect me, my placement and the years and years of hard work I’ve put in to build it.

Yes, on Streamate, stuff like internet speed, upload rate, frame/second rate, having sound, streaming in HD, etc. all matter a lot. Ratings and how much someone earns per hour does have an impact, but mostly it's about the quality of the stream and equipment being used to run the stream.

Since SM is a private based site, it makes sense. The shows can be very expensive for a member so the quality should be good. I think it's more than fair that SM shows the models with the best stream and equipment at the top considering the way the site tends to run itself.

By default, yes. But there again, that can be changed. Friends, models I may like, popular rooms, trending rooms...there's choices there in the settings as well, and it gets more complicated when two or more choices are checked at the same time. Discussed all that complexity about 4 years ago, here.

By default, yes. But there again, that can be changed. Friends, models I may like, popular rooms, trending rooms...there's choices there in the settings as well, and it gets more complicated when two or more choices are checked at the same time. Discussed all that complexity about 4 years ago, here.
I think the point being made is that because it is the default, you will still garner more traffic and new eyes with a higher camscore, Regardless of what more seasoned members change their preferences to.

I think the point being made is that because it is the default, you will still garner more traffic and new eyes with a higher camscore, Regardless of what more seasoned members change their preferences to.

This. I once saw a routine top 20 model mention that most members tend to spend a lot of money the first few months on the site before their spending habits heavily taper. In spite of having some very loyal and high tipping long term regulars, she emphasized the importance of getting new regulars all the time for this reason.

It goes to show how helpful it can be to be near the top. Most will never scroll much further than the top of the page.

Perhaps something to note, when I got my score to boost from something like 1700 up to just under 3000 in a matter of days, it was right around New Years when most models were away. I think there were only about 500-600 online at the time. Because of how few models were online, and even though my score wasn't that high initially, it put me in the first few rows from the top. Had a ton of new traffic, so much to the point where it made a such a substantial difference in months to come. There were lots of new members and site regulars (all new to me). Even after the average number of models returned to normal, the difference in traffic between a 1700 and a 3000 camscore is a bit astounding. Kind of implies that even most site regulars never change the way that models are sorted.

Camscore is what makes it possible for a small fraction of those on MFC to make more than what is possible on other sites. Without the competitive nature of the site, it would look more like Chaturbate and those who want to make more per hour would be moving to Streamate. I think men, in particular, tend to forget that some women are moved by competition. MFC pushes competition openly and flourishes because of it not in spite of it. Those of us who prefer a more lax approach have other options. We survive.

Kind of implies that even most site regulars never change the way that models are sorted.
I feel pretty strongly that this is the case. "Seasoned" users are probably a small percentage of the overall base, and they're the ones who spend the time/effort to customize their homepage and viewing experience. Majority are more casual users who just pop on, see what the default throws at them and go from there.

I feel pretty strongly that this is the case. "Seasoned" users are probably a small percentage of the overall base, and they're the ones who spend the time/effort to customize their homepage and viewing experience. Majority are more casual users who just pop on, see what the default throws at them and go from there.

I land somewhere in the middle of this. I change my fonts, colours of text for the chat room. But, on the main screen, aside from showing model friends and bookmarks, I usually have others not shown. If I do show them, it's by camscore.

For me, I've never been one to be overly concerned with how something looks. A lot of people bitch about how MFC looks like something from the 90's. I disagree with that as most of them have probably never seen Windows 3.11, Amiga or the other lovely graphics from that decade.

Also veteran users aren't the purpose of camscore it's about who's best to converting new users into paying members. Models with high camscores tend to have a mix of items for members to spend tokens on for the best chance of getting that initial token purchase. They usually can operate rooms with larger groups of members, have better curated tip menus and video options. They are able to be clear with new members without coming off as rude or treating them as an adversarial group. Getting a completely new person to trust a camsite to give it their CC info and to know they probably won't be a problem with the first transaction.

Also veteran users aren't the purpose of camscore it's about who's best to converting new users into paying members. Models with high camscores tend to have a mix of items for members to spend tokens on for the best chance of getting that initial token purchase. They usually can operate rooms with larger groups of members, have better curated tip menus and video options. They are able to be clear with new members without coming off as rude or treating them as an adversarial group. Getting a completely new person to trust a camsite to give it their CC info and to know they probably won't be a problem with the first transaction.
Yeah! That's precisely why camscore is a good organizing tool for the homepage. You want people who are pretty adept at what they do to grab the attention of new potential members of the site. It's a decent assumption that someone with a good camcore has one because they're good at being a MFC girl.

I'm gonna give a widely unpopular take so here goes...

Given how it's heavily emphasized on MFC, i always found the affect of camscores as overrated. In other words, it doesn't impact a model as much as everyone believes and models shouldn't sweat over it a much as they do.

Years ago, a previous thread on the subject triggered me to do my own observations (or "study" for lack of a better word) surrounding models and their respective camscores, leading to the above conclusion. Without writing a lengthy dissertation - there was a lot observed, a lot taken into account, and i can't remember it all - the overall thing i can say is that there's dozens & dozens of factors impacting models, all working in conjunction at any given time - camscore only being one of them

• Wat?!
Reactions: AnaBee
I'm gonna give a widely unpopular take so here goes...

Given how it's heavily emphasized on MFC, i always found the affect of camscores as overrated. In other words, it doesn't impact a model as much as everyone believes and models shouldn't sweat over it a much as they do.

Years ago, a previous thread on the subject triggered me to do my own observations (or "study" for lack of a better word) surrounding models and their respective camscores, leading to the above conclusion. Without writing a lengthy dissertation - there was a lot observed, a lot taken into account, and i can't remember it all - the overall thing i can say is that there's dozens & dozens of factors impacting models, all working in conjunction at any given time - camscore only being one of them

Do you understand that camscore reflects how fast model is earning tokens? Meaning higher the score higher is her hourly earning and less time she has to spend on cam working. That just can’t be of low importance to a model, no matter how you look at it. Maybe members don’t care about camscore, but that wasn’t your point

Do you understand that camscore reflects how fast model is earning tokens? Meaning higher the score higher is her hourly earning and less time she has to spend on cam working. That just can’t be of low importance to a model, no matter how you look at it. Maybe members don’t care about camscore, but that wasn’t your point

Yes... And i also understand that a model can chart how many hours and number of tokens earned with each individual session, or log into mycamgirl, or if someone can create some tool where it shows tokens earned per minute/hour (maybe MFC has one for models, i dunno) instead of some silly abstraction such as a camscore.

Yes... And i also understand that a model can chart how many hours and number of tokens earned with each individual session, or log into mycamgirl, or if someone can create some tool where it shows tokens earned per minute/hour (maybe MFC has one for models, i dunno) instead of some silly abstraction such as a camscore.
I think ya missed the point in the post you quoted. No matter how it even affects placement, a model wants to be making the most of her time on cam. If a model has high cam score it means she’s doing very well while she’s live. And vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.