AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam Video Quality Question

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2018
I'm not a model, but I'm asking this partly out of curiosity and partly to help a cam girl I frequently chat with improve her video quality.

I've noticed that sometimes girls use the exact same webcam (for example, a Logitech C920) and yet the quality of the video could consistently be nice and sharp for one girl and very grainy for another. As far as I know, there is no difference between the speed of their internet connection or the settings they use - both use the highest resolution.

Any ideas about what could be causing such a huge difference in video quality?

Could it be the software? For example, I know that some girls with bad video quality use ManyCam and I wonder if that affects the video quality vs. just running the webcam on Skype with the bundled software. They are not broadcasting on many sites simultaneously - it's a private one on one chat, but how knows? It may still make a difference. I'm not sure what exactly such a software does with the video feed - or why it's necessary (or useful) for Skype chats.

If it's not ManyCams, then what could be affecting the video quality?

(I don't know if this changes anything, but I almost always chat on Skype, rather than using websites like MFC or CB. Also, most of the girls I chat with are Colombian, so maybe there is something they do that others don't do that could be a factor. My favourite girl just bought a new Logitech C930e and the video quality is still very similar to her previous C920, which she said was old. So the issue wasn't her webcam, but something else.)

manycam itself, manycam settings (you choose the resolution you broad cast in) poor lighting and bad webcam settings (exposure all the way up) could all be causing this
Thanks! I think we'll try to do our next chat without ManyCam and see if that makes a difference. I'll report back - probably on Monday night or on Tuesday.

For private 1-1 chats I kinda think Discord is the way to go over skype. I've only ever helped test it with 1 model but the video quality was much better then skype and I believe their Terms Of Service allows adult content where Skype does not.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
For broadcasting on CB have her use OBS whenever possible it is a great improvement in quality of the video and frame rate there are a lot of instructional videos and links on CB on how to set it up. Additional things that will help is wired connection instead of wireless.

LIGHTING LIGHTING LIGHTING makes a big difference

Reactions: QuinnLane
For private 1-1 chats I kinda think Discord is the way to go over skype. I've only ever helped test it with 1 model but the video quality was much better then skype and I believe their Terms Of Service allows adult content where Skype does not.
We did try Discord, but she couldn't get her audio to work for some reason so we ended up chatting on Skype again. We'll give it another shot in the near future, because I've seen the topic here where a lot of models recommended it over Skype.

Send her here for tips and to meet some pretty cool cambbs
Unfortunately, she doesn't speak any English and she doesn't strike me as the type to hang out on forums, so I don't know about that... But I'll ask her if she's interested, just in case.

I think you're right. We might look into that. I'll probably have to pay for it, haha... Is there a topic on here where relatively cheap lighting solutions were discussed?

I think a lot of cam models buy the 3 lights from amazon and a light right. I just have a floor lamp with 3 heads and overhead lights myself

Status
Not open for further replies.