AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camera Image Mirroring

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Australia
Hello models!
I recently got a webcam after deciding to try C2C.
I was trying to set it up last night and noted the image displayed on my screen is a mirror-reversal of what I was expecting; familiar but unsettlingly different - opposite to how I recognise myself.
We are used to seeing our reflections in mirrors, but that is a reversal of how someone looking at us in person actually sees us.
Hadn't really thought about this before. But easily spotted if your cam shows something with writing on it, or a clock face etc.

So I'm wondering how the models here set their cameras up, the 'true' or 'mirror' view?
Is it just a matter of preference? Easy to flip the image via camera settings?

Thanks for all opinions!

Hello models!
I recently got a webcam after deciding to try C2C.
I was trying to set it up last night and noted the image displayed on my screen is a mirror-reversal of what I was expecting; familiar but unsettlingly different - opposite to how I recognise myself.
We are used to seeing our reflections in mirrors, but that is a reversal of how someone looking at us in person actually sees us.
Hadn't really thought about this before. But easily spotted if your cam shows something with writing on it, or a clock face etc.

So I'm wondering how the models here set their cameras up, the 'true' or 'mirror' view?
Is it just a matter of preference? Easy to flip the image via camera settings?

Thanks for all opinions!
It has always bothered me to see things mirrored on models' streams. Text being reversed, etc. it's distracting.

You'll learn to see yourself just fine in true view after a short period of time.

Yes, easy to flip in most all cams.

I'm with Amber. Distracting to see text, logos, and other known things reversed.

I will say that in some cases for whatever reasons a scene will look better flipped one way or another.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Status
Not open for further replies.