AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camera technique

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenHedonist

V.I.P. AmberLander
Oct 13, 2011
Eastside Shambhala
Twitter Username
@ZenHedonist
I was just reading a Faceb666k Tiktok group thread about "how do you stare into the camera, without staring into the camera?". It's probably the same for any streaming. What is your technique for streaming? One commenter on FB said she had to put googly eyes on her phone. Some use a spot. How do you do it so it looks natural, like a real conversation?

I don't really have an issue with looking at the cam while streaming. I think it's a bit different than when you are recording, since it is expected that the streamer will have varied points of focus depending on if they are reading chat or whatever else might cause someone to break eye contact with the camera/viewer. Camming would be sooooo weird if I just eyeballed the cam the whole time! I especially use direct eye contact to punctuate a dramatic moment, or to add intimacy.

I find it more of a challenge to not favor looking at the video display over the camera when I'm using mobile, since they are right there next to each other. So I totally get why they would be discussing hacks for that haha it's hard!

I don't stare into the webcam, but I keep looking at the chat screen to give the room my attention. If no one's in the chat talking to me, I'll "keep busy" by jammin' to some music and lifting weights.

I have to record a singing video soon, and I don't plan on really looking into the cam/Logitech Webcam Software while singing, because that would just weird me out. I'll probably be holding a microphone in my hand, and doing a combination of looking up at the ceiling...closing my eyes...looking at my ROCKY poster, etc. while singing. Lol.

My camera is positioned right above and to the side of the top corner of my screen and I have the chat window opened in that corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.