AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camgirl etiquette question about suddenly going private

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2018
Recently, I was in the room of a new camgirl on Chaturbate.

She was chatty with the room members and accumulated tips, then suddenly went private with no warning.

I felt that was something of a slap in the face. I voiced no complaint to the other room members, but went to the browser tab where I had a cart of things from her Amazon wish list, deleted them all, then said a cheery good night to the other room members, then left.

Is this sort of thing common and/or considered acceptable behavior by a cammer?

So were you tipping in the room or just freeloading? If you were not tipping then you have no right to be upset about anything. This is first and foremost a job and a model has the right to do whatever she see fit in her room to make the most of her time online. Some models take privates in the middle of counts (you don't mention if the tips are just tips or if they were for some sort of countdown) some don't, every model runs their room differently... and if she is new she is probably still trying to figure out her camming style and what works for her. But she did NOTHING wrong.

I felt that was something of a slap in the face. I voiced no complaint to the other room members, but went to the browser tab where I had a cart of things from her Amazon wish list, deleted them all, then said a cheery good night to the other room members, then left.
From this statement right here sounds like the model may have dodged a bullet.

When I still worked regularly on token sites I took private shows during countdowns plenty of times. If the countdown was stalled, people who had actually tipped had already left, or I didn't expect to be gone long, then I especially wouldn't see the harm. Whether you had actually tipped her yourself is very relevant information. So is whether or not she came back after the private, though it doesn't sound like you necessarily stuck around long enough to find out.

I normally would have said something to my room indicating that I expected to be back soon, so disappearing out of nowhere could be considered a bit rude, but I can't remember how things work on CB as far as how much chance a model there would have to talk to her room before taking an unexpected show (sometimes members do like to spring them on us).

I felt that was something of a slap in the face. I voiced no complaint to the other room members, but went to the browser tab where I had a cart of things from her Amazon wish list, deleted them all, then said a cheery good night to the other room members, then left

You felt it was a slap in the face when she is trying to make money to survive and pay her bills? Aka her job. Good Lord what a cunt. /S

Models should do what is best for their business. We know very little about the circumstances in this case, perhaps it was close to the time she had planned to log off so taking a private before that to earn some extra tokens made sense. She could probably have said that she was going to take a private, but it is her decision to do so. While gifts from Amazon might be nice in the end they don't pay the bills and put food on the table, but tokens do so tokens should be chosen over gifts.

Rbut went to the browser tab where I had a cart of things from her Amazon wish list, deleted them all

This didn't happen. If she was an 'at will' private model on CB if you could afforded any of her wish list you could had pulled her in private all night. Personally I've never seen an 'at will' private model on CB so I don't even know if this model exists either.

Oh my goodness, what a monster! I bet she signed up to chaturbate just to do that to you, personally.
Do you have any enemies? Someone who would want to hurt you? Because I would not rule out the possibility that she may have been HIRED to slap you in your e-face.

OK joking aside though, she’s new. Give her a damn break. Everything can be very overwhelming, learning the ropes and the etiquettes expected of you for the 10,000 different things you do. If you weren’t tipping anything yourself, STFU. If you were tipping, take a breath and maybe just send her a nice private note asking if in the future she wouldn’t mind warning ya’ll before she goes private. If there was a countdown running your complaint makes sense. If no countdown was running and she was just having fun getting tipped while waiting for privates, then your complaint is dumb and don’t waste her time. It would have been good for her to at least say bye but I’m sure she’ll figure all that out.

I don’t really like it if I have been tipping towards a goal, but I certainly don’t fault the model for taking a private when she can. Of course, a “brb” from the model is always appreciated.

To be a part of the solution rather than the problem, if I want to take a model private and she has a busy room with lots of active tippers I will tip for a PM and say in the tip note, “PM me when you are available for a pvt. I don’t want to spoil the vibe in your room.” I have found that models really really like it when I do that; they get to collect as many tokens from the room as they can and they get a private when things slow down.

She was chatty with the room members and accumulated tips, then suddenly went private with no warning.

giphy.gif

Maybe if you guys would be more generous with your tokens, and stop with that "I'll tip her one token every 2 minutes to give her a grand total of 10 tokens" bullshit, the model would feel that it's worth it to stay in the free chat vs. taking the private show. Or maybe not...private shows certainly do put more money in your pocket faster than waiting around for free chat dudes to decide if you're "worth it" to get a tip for a flash. *eye roll* Y'all really do think models are gonna hang out in free chat 24/7...that we've got all the time in the world to sit around waiting for y'all to clear a room topic? Nah, we're taking that private show if y'all are just gonna twiddle your thumbs. Besides, I can only do like 3 hours of free chat at a time before I'm ready to throw my laptop at the wall. Haha. We'd better make the most of my time online, buddy boy.

Btw, I always tell the room "Going private, guys! Be right back!"

You "voiced no complaint to the other room members?" Well aren't you an entitled little manbaby. Your screen name does make me hungry though.

Last edited:
On mfc if you hit the enter key by mistake when a pvt notification pops up you immediately get whisked into pvt.

Dunno about CB - but iv'e done it a time or two and not been able to say goodbye to my room. I'm 7 years in and she's a newb. thankfully i have paitent and understanding regs.

If you'd already contributed to a goal and it was moving right along yes, i can see and understand the frustration. But instead of being mean, I'd send some kind feedback saying that you'd have appreciated a heads up. She's new, she's prolly still figuring it all out.

Lololololol.

I'm so very convinced you had an Amazon cart full of things for her. So very convinced.

*Muffles laughter with her plush dog*

*Wonders how many new people get confused about my plush dog comments on here*

I can't remember how things work on CB as far as how much chance a model there would have to talk to her room before taking an unexpected show (sometimes members do like to spring them on us).

And on Streamate, as a model you are taken right into a premium show instantly (They don’t even give models the option to decline the show, or to tell the room she’ll brb). That’s only with EXCLUSIVE shows that you get to do those things.

I know this thread is about Chaturbate, but I just wanted to point that out. I don’t even remember what it’s like on CB to accept a private show. I remember being confused for a second, thinking “Okay, so I guess this is private show mode, and I can begin?” Lol.

I don’t really like it if I have been tipping towards a goal, but I certainly don’t fault the model for taking a private when she can. Of course, a “brb” from the model is always appreciated.

To be a part of the solution rather than the problem, if I want to take a model private and she has a busy room with lots of active tippers I will tip for a PM and say in the tip note, “PM me when you are available for a pvt. I don’t want to spoil the vibe in your room.” I have found that models really really like it when I do that; they get to collect as many tokens from the room as they can and they get a private when things slow down.
I could not have said it any more perfectly than this, OP sounds like he may be new to watching cams. This post is Exactly how you should approach going private when a model has a busy room. And hopefully, the rest of the viewers can get a little heads up notice before it happens. I don't know exactly how Chaturbate privates work, but I know there are members who try to jump into a private with zero communication or PM to the model. They just spring it on the model. That makes no sense to me, but to each their own

One possibility to consider is that on Chaturbate, sometimes a lag can affect the few seconds before a model logs off or joins a private. I've had people ask if there was a tech issue when I've given a relatively sudden/quick goodbye (ex: "Alright guys, gotta go! Thanks and see you soon!") and when I clarify, folks have mentioned that the goodbye didn't make it before the stream cut off. So, maybe that sometimes happens before privates too?

And on Streamate, as a model you are taken right into a premium show instantly (They don’t even give models the option to decline the show, or to tell the room she’ll brb). That’s only with EXCLUSIVE shows that you get to do those things.

I hate that there's no confirmation on Streamate. It's not usually an issue, but now and then someone will start a show right after I've been tipped for a flash that I haven't done yet, or while I'm discussing an exclusive with someone that I would rather have taken. Sometimes I'll end the private immediately, and it'll still be too late, the member is gone and doesn't return. Other times they just get an IOU note in their account---pretty sure I've done a flash I owed up to a year later.

On MFC I sometimes decided to take a sudden private, but at least there was time for that "BRB, hang out for a few and I'll call it good for the topless goal when I'm back" or whatever.

And of course, anyone who whisks you into private without a word on any site also probably hasn't discussed the show they want, which is a waste of time for everyone when they find out it's not an option. Most of the time they haven't even read my profile. I can't imagine how members think they'll have a good experience that way, especially when they want something specific.

And of course, anyone who whisks you into private without a word on any site also probably hasn't discussed the show they want, which is a waste of time for everyone when they find out it's not an option. Most of the time they haven't even read my profile. I can't imagine how members think they'll have a good experience that way, especially when they want something specific.

Lord, the dudes who would maybe find what they want easier if they would just READ.

*goes private* Fist ass bb
Sorry, I'm non-explicit like it says in my profile, but I do offer tease and fetish shows if you'd like one!
fist ass bb
*types what I just said*
Fist ass bb
I don't do that, would you like something else?
*ends private, rates 1-star*

Lord, the dudes who would maybe find what they want easier if they would just READ.

*goes private* Fist ass bb
Sorry, I'm non-explicit like it says in my profile, but I do offer tease and fetish shows if you'd like one!
fist ass bb
*types what I just said*
Fist ass bb
I don't do that, would you like something else?
*ends private, rates 1-star*
^^^
boners make it hard for men complete basic 2nd grade reading and listening comprehension skills. change my mind.

^^^
boners make it hard for men complete basic 2nd grade reading and listening comprehension skills. change my mind.
If boners would make it hard to listen and read not a single guy would be able finish school because when we are in our teens we have them all the time. I suspect that the people writing things like that are just idiots because it is well known that idiots have great difficulties with understanding and following even the most simple instructions.

Reactions: Emberblaze
If boners would make it hard to listen and read not a single guy would be able finish school because when we are in our teens we have them all the time. I suspect that the people writing things like that are just idiots because it is well known that idiots have great difficulties with understanding and following even the most simple instructions.

my response was an over exaggeration. pointing out the humor. the change my mind is a meme.

but there is some truth behind it. from my experience when men do get sexual arroused it's hard for some to focus on other things than sex or what they want. i'm not saying that's bad. a lot of us in camworld can see the similarities on male behavior irl and online. i think i have been with more men do you ;), no offense. just giving my observation. obviously not all.

also teenage boys masturbate in school bathrooms. my middle school had to do an assembly for the boys to clean up their spunk and how spraying body fluids is a biohazard. my husband has shared me stories how sometimes he would get a boner and couldn't concentrate when in school.

when you get boners, you dudes get a little stupid. it's okay :D. i like when my guys IRL are dumb and horny, turns me on.

my response was an over exaggeration. pointing out the humor. the change my mind is a meme.

but there is some truth behind it. from my experience when men do get sexual arroused it's hard for some to focus on other things than sex or what they want. i'm not saying that's bad. a lot of us in camworld can see the similarities on male behavior irl and online. i think i have been with more men do you ;), no offense. just giving my observation. obviously not all.

also teenage boys masturbate in school bathrooms. my middle school had to do an assembly for the boys to clean up their spunk and how spraying body fluids is a biohazard. my husband has shared me stories how sometimes he would get a boner and couldn't concentrate when in school.

when you get boners, you dudes get a little stupid. it's okay :D. i like when my guys IRL are dumb and horny, turns me on.

To quote the late great Robin Williams, "God gave man a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to operate one at a time."

Yes, some dudes can focus on other things when they have a boner, but some seem to lose every brain cell in their head when they get hard.

If your chatting the barista up at starbucks, would you get mad that they had to stop to take some one order?

You vote with your money. If you don't like it, find models who don't do privates.
Just keep in mind that's means you'll probable never be able to get a private from that model.

Lots of models list if they're taking privates.
If they don't list, assume they do.

FYI on the subject of gifts. They're really just gifts. Buying 100 dollar item off a wish list doesn't get you 100 'credit' on their stream.

On mfc if you hit the enter key by mistake when a pvt notification pops up you immediately get whisked into pvt.

Dunno about CB - but iv'e done it a time or two and not been able to say goodbye to my room. I'm 7 years in and she's a newb. thankfully i have paitent and understanding regs.

If you'd already contributed to a goal and it was moving right along yes, i can see and understand the frustration. But instead of being mean, I'd send some kind feedback saying that you'd have appreciated a heads up. She's new, she's prolly still figuring it all out.

Yeah I was going to say that sometimes I accidentally go pvt by pressing enter, then I come back. You really never know what happened, but at the end of the day you didn't stick around to figure out whether that was a normal thing for her or not, plus she's new! Give her a break! Jeez.

FYI on the subject of gifts. They're really just gifts. Buying 100 dollar item off a wish list doesn't get you 100 'credit' on their stream.

this. they are gifts and they are indeed appreciated. BUT if a model is streaming, that usually means she needs money.

op, you jumped the gun. you should gift her some of those items because that was rude of you to make it a point your did that. If you were enjoying yourself, show her some appreciation! you'll earn some karma back :D

If your chatting the barista up at starbucks, would you get mad that they had to stop to take some one order?

My little sister and her mom(half siblings)come and see me almost every day I bartend/barista and even they get that I have to step away at times and take care of other paying customers even though THEY PAY AND TIP. So, the entitlement of strange dudes on the internet fucking amazes me.

No matter how close you think you are to one person, there are other people there too and that chick is just trying to pay her fucking bills.

My little sister and her mom(half siblings)come and see me almost every day I bartend/barista and even they get that I have to step away at times and take care of other paying customers even though THEY PAY AND TIP. So, the entitlement of strange dudes on the internet fucking amazes me.

No matter how close you think you are to one person, there are other people there too and that chick is just trying to pay her fucking bills.

that is too cute

I will take privates if but only if the room is slow and we aren’t close to a goal, but I always tell everyone what’s going on and that I’ll be back shortly to finish the count and do the rest of the show.

Reactions: DudeExtreme
Status
Not open for further replies.