AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming as a plus size girl

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2020
What's your experience like?

I haven't been having the best of luck & I'm starting to think it might have something to do with my weight.

My first night camming I made 50 dollars after sitting online for 4 hours & I'm feeling like maybe I'm not doing too well. I always play music & talk with whoevers in my room & try my best to look good every time I broadcast, but I'm struggling.

Does anyone have pointers for a newbie bbw?

In the cam world it's not really all about looks. Of course being a stereotypical societal standard of beauty helps, it's just not everything.

I've seem bbw, milfs, young, tall short and thin girls succeed... and fail.

Success comes from having a long term consistant work ethic. It comes with providing top notch entertainment and doing something different to make you stand out from the rest.

Imagine if a new car dealership opened up and on their first day said "I've been open for 4 hours! Where are all my customers?". That's crazy talk. Some car dealerships and businesses in general will have months where they make nothing, break even, or make incredible profits. Businesses take years to build a reputation, clientele, and profit. Camming is no different.

Be positive, be happy, smile, entertain, be creative, be honest, and most of all be consistant.

What site are you camming on? I’m a chubby thick cam girl and do well on streamate! I used to cam on cb/mfc but switched years ago due to more reasons like consistency/offline interaction being too much and am very happy on SM. BBWs are fairly popular there and if you’re comfortable doing fetishy shows as well it can be lucrative

What's your experience like?

I haven't been having the best of luck & I'm starting to think it might have something to do with my weight.

My first night camming I made 50 dollars after sitting online for 4 hours & I'm feeling like maybe I'm not doing too well. I always play music & talk with whoevers in my room & try my best to look good every time I broadcast, but I'm struggling.

Does anyone have pointers for a newbie bbw?
Back, when I was super thin (big tits and ass, very slim waist) I only averaged about 15-25 bucks an hour, when I was first starting out. That lasted about a few months, and then it has climbed up ever since. So from my experience, that is not a bad amount to make starting out. I have put on about 40lbs, and the more weight I have put on, the more money I have made, and the more popular I have become. I am losing a little for my health, but I actually fully expect to make less when I do lose it (lol, yeah, not super motivating). I only cam on Streamate and sell clips. But I did work on mfc for a few weeks, when super skinny, and averaged about the same starting out. It took me a good year, at least, to build a solid following, and start making more money. I doubt it is your weight, although trolls and stuff my say that. There are guys who prefer slim athletic ladies, and that is fine. But there are just as many (possibly even more) who prefer curvy to BBW. Some people just generalize their tastes onto everyone else, because they don't know anything about the market. So don't listen to anyone like that :)

ETA; The most important thing I found in making a solid following was to be more reliable in what times I was online/ be online more often. Also to put a lot of effort into making and marketing fetish clips. Then once I built a solid following, I was able to ease up a little on those things, but never completely. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Consistency is key, no matter your body type. Some models have a big first few days, then have a brief period of difficulty before they build up their crowd of regulars, other models start off slow but have a steady upwards progression. Maintaining a schedule is the most important factor in building an audience, and it may take a few weeks or months to get to where you want.

Wassup I'm a chubby model who has been camming on Chaturbate for a year and a half now! I'm usually somewhere on pages 1-3 ; you can def be a popular chubby cam model~

Firstly, you will learn that $50 is a good cam day lol. Cam fluctuates like crazy! I'll have a $20 day, then a $200 day the next.
The most important thing is consistency, meaning at least 2-3 days a week around the same time, and building a fanbase. :)

When I was a bit bigger I made more, specially when I went the fetish way. And I’ve noticed that the clientele for bbws is actually more sweet than the ones now too. Of course there will be trolls, and also days that you will sit for hours and not make a single penny, but is part of the industry.

And like others mentioned here a $50 dollars day is a great day too, specially as a newbie.

Hey hey I'm a bbw too.

You didn't mention which site you are on, but if it's relevant, be sure to tag your room bbw.

$50 is pretty good actually. Like others have said it's all over the place on day to day earnings. I've made $100+ one night and then turned around and struggled to get $20 the next.

I've noticed most of the BBW guys are super sweet too, so that's an awesome perk.

My biggest tip is don't be afraid to kick/mute/ban anyone who comes in and says something rude. I banned a guy who came into my room said, "no," and then left. Camming is a job and you do have to have a customer service slant, but the reason we're camming and not say waitressing is because it gives us the ability to put our foot down with jerks.

Just try and have a consistent schedule and you will build followers.

Good luck!

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.