AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming & Facebook

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2013
Hi all,

I know quite a few of you will already know this tip, but some will not know about it. Recently I've been hearing from some broadcasters that cam on Chaturbate that they've been contacted by a user on either Skype or Yahoo messenger and been told they've been recorded. They've also been told that they have been found on Facebook and if they don't want their friends or family to see the 'recording' they will give this user a Free show on Skype / Yahoo.

I have been advising a few about this and told them that the Facebook account should be locked down in privacy so that nothing is in the public eye. As some users will copy the friends list so they can 'prove' they have their Facebook ID.

I've also told a few that its better to have a Skype / Yahoo service that has NO links to Chaturbate or their username or even their Facebook ID. This way you will be protected more and it'll be harder for users like this to find you on the service.

If anyone else has any tips for new broadcasters that they would like to add to this please feel free to do so, as it will not only help new broadcasters but also regular broadcasters that don't know about this problem.

roydz said:
If anyone else has any tips for new broadcasters that they would like to add to this please feel free to do so, as it will not only help new broadcasters but also regular broadcasters that don't know about this problem.

or use the existing stickied thread at the top of the forum on stalking. While a lot to read through, there is a lot of good stuff in there.

Swarles123 said:
roydz said:

or use the existing stickied thread at the top of the forum on stalking. While a lot to read through, there is a lot of good stuff in there.

THIS!

It's already mentioned in the previous thread but it never hurts to mention again that it is NEVER a good idea to use photos that are on your Facebook page or any other social media. Any photos that I share on camming related platforms will never ever be posted in relation to my real identity. I also suggest using profile and cover photos that either don't include a photo of you or have your face obscured.

There are a zillion other tips but they are covered extensively in the Stalking thread (as are the tips I already mentioned), so I will hush now. :handgestures-salute:

When it comes to having any real life/personal social networking accounts...

gQ2dazK.jpg

But yes, the other thread about this would be the preferred venue to continue the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.