AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming in the UK, World Cup... wtf?!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lua Moon

Cam Model
Jun 4, 2018
United Kingdom
Twitter Username
@sleepymoonpi
MFC Username
HelloLua
Hi everyone!

I recently started camming for the first time on MFC just under two weeks ago. It went really well the first couple of times but now that my “new model” tag has gone and the World Cup has plagued us I’m finding it really hard to get my camscore back. I managed to get it to 1700 from the first two times but now it’s dropped back down by a fair amount. I’m finding it hard to tell when the best time to broadcast would be... it seems like 10-11pm here is still relatively early in the US and that’s where the majority of people that would come in my room are from. Can someone advise me? This World Cup has truly screwed me over on top of trying to get noticed as a new model. I feel like it’s incredibly bad timing.

Thanks for your time!

Lua

It’s a sad day indeed when blokes would rather watch football than a lovely cam show! I don’t understand it myself, but there you go. I’ve never been a sporty guy...

As for suggestions, I guess ask yourself which market is most important: US or UK/Europe? I’m assuming you’re in the UK from your post, so if you cam early in the morning (from, say 8am) then you’ll catch the American night owls on the West coast as they’re 8 hours behind. Plus you’ll get people in the UK who are off work/unemployed/whatever as they’ll be waking up. From the little I know of the football, the games seem to kick off around lunchtime?

I tend to think of the States as between 5hrs and 8hrs behind us - east coast being 5 and west coast being 8, with all other states between these numbers. So if you do your show at 10pm GMT then that’s 5pm on the east coast (a bit early) and 2pm on the west coast (far too early). Unless you like starting your shows at 3am GMT to catch the west coast, I’d say that morning shows are best and you’ll also beat the football for your UK fans. It’s hard to predict though, some viewers have schedules and jobs and others don’t. I do my shows from 9am-12pm GMT and have a mix of US and UK viewers.

Apologies if this is saying what you already know, or is complete bollocks! I guess the only way to know is to experiment with times and see what sticks. Also I’m sure there are loads of models on here who know better than me. Good luck!

Hi everyone!

I recently started camming for the first time on MFC just under two weeks ago. It went really well the first couple of times but now that my “new model” tag has gone and the World Cup has plagued us I’m finding it really hard to get my camscore back. I managed to get it to 1700 from the first two times but now it’s dropped back down by a fair amount. I’m finding it hard to tell when the best time to broadcast would be... it seems like 10-11pm here is still relatively early in the US and that’s where the majority of people that would come in my room are from. Can someone advise me? This World Cup has truly screwed me over on top of trying to get noticed as a new model. I feel like it’s incredibly bad timing.

Thanks for your time!

Lua

Try be online when the most popular, biggest games are not being played. Those will typically be teams such as France, Brazil, Portugal, England and Germany.
Try time your show around those so maybe have a little look for the fixture schedule - of course there's many (most in fact) that love to watch ALL World CUp games but those are typically the bigger ones.

Reactions: Lua Moon
It’s a sad day indeed when blokes would rather watch football than a lovely cam show! I don’t understand it myself, but there you go. I’ve never been a sporty guy...

As for suggestions, I guess ask yourself which market is most important: US or UK/Europe? I’m assuming you’re in the UK from your post, so if you cam early in the morning (from, say 8am) then you’ll catch the American night owls on the West coast as they’re 8 hours behind. Plus you’ll get people in the UK who are off work/unemployed/whatever as they’ll be waking up. From the little I know of the football, the games seem to kick off around lunchtime?

I tend to think of the States as between 5hrs and 8hrs behind us - east coast being 5 and west coast being 8, with all other states between these numbers. So if you do your show at 10pm GMT then that’s 5pm on the east coast (a bit early) and 2pm on the west coast (far too early). Unless you like starting your shows at 3am GMT to catch the west coast, I’d say that morning shows are best and you’ll also beat the football for your UK fans. It’s hard to predict though, some viewers have schedules and jobs and others don’t. I do my shows from 9am-12pm GMT and have a mix of US and UK viewers.

Apologies if this is saying what you already know, or is complete bollocks! I guess the only way to know is to experiment with times and see what sticks. Also I’m sure there are loads of models on here who know better than me. Good luck!

This is actually super helpful! Thank you! I am in fact in the UK and did consider going on either super late (1am onwards) or super early like yourself. I’ll give them both a try and see what works best!

Reactions: ronniepudding
Seems like an excuse to me.

Other than Saturday where there were 4 games, there are generally at this stage 3 games a day. Assuming 2 hours per game, that only takes up a quarter of a day, leaving 75% of the day where there is nothing on.

2 hours per game? You are clearly not a football fan, with the previews, discussions, analysis, repeats and all that other crap they can easily fill 5 hours of television per game.

Super late getting ready for cam cos I was watching Queer Eye, but I just checked and it's 2-1 to England.

CELEBRATE WITH TITTIES

Reactions: Lua Moon
My point was that the football isn't 24/7, so there is no real excuse for anyone to work around it.
Certain times of day can be very consistent dead zones. If a popular event is taking place during camming "prime time", it can have a big impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.