AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming With Chronic Pain

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2019
www.youtube.com
Twitter Username
@justmilfnaround
Any other models with Fibro/RA?

I've had it for about 2 years now but it always worked on a "flare up" sort of schedule. It would flare for a few days and back off. This last month though it's getting to the point where I can hardly cam and it is every. fucking. day. I have NO energy, depressed/anxiety, widespread intense pain and have been running a low grade fever for almost 2 weeks now. Usually I would rest in between 3-4 hour bursts and it would help but it literally takes all my energy to do 1-2 longer privates right now. I sleep (hah! - try to that is!) on a normal schedule 10:30pm-7:30am, take a LOT of CBD, have stopped drinking caffeine, no processed foods/cut down sugar all of that but this is getting to the point where I can barely function :( Used to do be VERY active on my days off, now I just sit on the couch with no energy.

I'm typically a very active model physically but I just can't do it anymore. I've realized I need to change my hustle/style to allow me to function better and be able to stay online longer.

What do you do to lessen the pain/fatigue so that you can cam?
Do you find some positions to be more comfortable?
Has anyone changed their hustle significantly (active to minimally physically active) and how did it affect you?
Have you explained to your members why? Were they understanding?

Sorry for the flood of questions - I used to be able to manage this on my own but it's just not working anymore :(

Thank you in advance :)

I have lots of pain issues - back pain, sciatica, endometriosis - and it definitely influences my cam style. I cam at a desk, sitting in a chair, because anything else is too painful.

Fetish/femdom clips are also good for being in pain, or otherwise not feeling well. There's a lot of stuff you can film sitting down: tit play, anything instructional or speech focused like jerk off instruction and small penis humiliation, foot/shoe fetish including dipping and dangling, ignore fetish, and more. And once you're done filming, editing and uploading can be done sitting or even laying down.

Reactions: JustMilfnAround
I have chronic health issues where I'm deal with a lot of nausea and joint pains from my hyperthyroidism.

Marijuana has been my biggest help. When I'm feeling a lot of pain in my knees, it helps alleviate. Helps my nausea too. Somedays I'm feeling so sick I cannot keep water down.

Do you find some positions to be more comfortable?
I have set up multiple comfortable stations in case a member wants a different position. Yoga mats and sex wedges help. I also have a chair to cam in that is fully comfortable. If you haven't taken any pain management classes, I highly recommend. Helped me to stay productive and still manage my pain with out most my day wasted.

Has anyone changed their hustle significantly (active to minimally physically active) and how did it affect you?
There are positions I flat out won't do. I explain I have joint pain, and suggest another position that is similar but easier for me.

I have too if I need too. Most are very. They hear my knees crack and pop, and it's not pleasant sounding. I don't think it's necessary to go too in detail, my regular members know about my illness, but I'm not constantly telling every new person who walks in.

Can you cam from different positions such as bed, chair and standing? This would allow you to have the different positions to switch things up and be more comfortable. If you can afford it, a power lift desk is amazing and would allow you to cam while standing.

Energy levels can be very difficult as well. While you mentioned cutting out processed foods, have you looked at the whole foods you're eating in case there's a reaction causing it? I'm sure you've done some research already into it. But, wanted to comment as a gentle reminder in case you haven't.

Most regulars are aware of the challenges a model may have in terms of general health and how she's feeling. So, they can become very supportive and understanding.

As Audri mentioned, have you considered clips if you're not already doing it? Cam when you're feeling the energy, and make a clip if you're up to it. Then, on the down days, editing and promoting.

Thank you to all of you that have responded :)

Saffron - than you so much for the ideas! I may have to work more on easier to film clips. Like I said I was pretty active so that would be a nice change of pace for me. Luckily camming is a revolving door of members which means that I will likely find some new fans that prefer a more relaxed style of content. My JOI shows have been quite popular so I will start focusing more on those types of clips on days I just can't cam.

Audri - I am so sorry to hear about your hyperthyroidism. Ouch. I am a long time fan and partaker of 420 and have started having to smoke to function over the last 6 months. It definitely helps especially when I tandem it with the CBD but some days the pain is so bad the MJ doesn't take the edge off enough or if I smoke enough to take the edge off I end up like Jim Breuer in Half Baked so fuck all gets done that day (lol!). I'll look into the wedge for sure, pillows aren't cutting it anymore LOL. I've had to tell a few members about my issues because they have been around long enough to notice a change and they have been very understanding. I see so many models pull the "pity me" card online that I don't want to come across that way - I just want them to be aware and understanding as to why things have changed.

ForceTen - I definitely switch it up and I will look into the desk. I guess I'm just having a hard time accepting that I can't do 10-12 hour days anymore and now I'm limited to 4-6. I am investigating some vanilla stuff to supplement income though. I have developed a gluten allergy and have been on a GF diet for almost 3 years now, but it is possible there may be something else, I will do some more reading :)

Thank you again for responding! I've tried a few things to switch it up but more input = more ideas = more solutions :) I'm happy to be able to turn to you guys for stuff like this - thanks for being awesome!

Let’s see, my career has been riddled with NOTHING but chronic pain and chronic illness.😅
Actually, my health problems are precisely why I chose this career. It has allowed to me to work through miscarriages, infertility, preterm labor, hyperemesis gravidarum, placental abruptions, essure rupture, and aggressive endometriosis.

I have endo on my bladder, vagina, and ovaries, so I have not experienced a single pain free day in over 16 years.

Mostly I focus on filming as it allows me to work around my physical limits far better than camming. I also utilize texting and phone calls for income supplementation. My work largely consists of fetish, femdom, and pg13 related work. I focus on mainly clothed or lingerie fetish filming as they have the greatest return on my time and financial investment.

I have NO qualms doing the sit pretty and don’t move stance for videos. In the right position, it looks intentional and powerful, not because I feel like I fucked a handful of knives rawdog.🤗

I’m allergic to like all forms of narcotics and pain medication, so I TRY to keep a regular supply of pot, even though I live in an illegal state. Changing from explicit to what I do now did not particularly affect my income because of how I did it and because I refuse to stagnate in failure. I just kept changing things until my income went up again. There’s uncomfortable growing pains no matter if you’re switching from explicit to not or vice versa.

I don’t usually talk about my flares, only the serious big problems. Talking about my problems in any capacity makes me feel worse so I absolutely avoid talking about it to my fans, but I’m also very non-communicative off camera.It is a very personal decision as to whether you share or not.

Let’s see, my career has been riddled with NOTHING but chronic pain and chronic illness.😅
Actually, my health problems are precisely why I chose this career. It has allowed to me to work through miscarriages, infertility, preterm labor, hyperemesis gravidarum, placental abruptions, essure rupture, and aggressive endometriosis.

I have endo on my bladder, vagina, and ovaries, so I have not experienced a single pain free day in over 16 years.

Mostly I focus on filming as it allows me to work around my physical limits far better than camming. I also utilize texting and phone calls for income supplementation. My work largely consists of fetish, femdom, and pg13 related work. I focus on mainly clothed or lingerie fetish filming as they have the greatest return on my time and financial investment.

I have NO qualms doing the sit pretty and don’t move stance for videos. In the right position, it looks intentional and powerful, not because I feel like I fucked a handful of knives rawdog.🤗

I’m allergic to like all forms of narcotics and pain medication, so I TRY to keep a regular supply of pot, even though I live in an illegal state. Changing from explicit to what I do now did not particularly affect my income because of how I did it and because I refuse to stagnate in failure. I just kept changing things until my income went up again. There’s uncomfortable growing pains no matter if you’re switching from explicit to not or vice versa.

I don’t usually talk about my flares, only the serious big problems. Talking about my problems in any capacity makes me feel worse so I absolutely avoid talking about it to my fans, but I’m also very non-communicative off camera.It is a very personal decision as to whether you share or not.

Rose,

Thank you SO much for sharing this with me. I'm going through peri-menopause but can only barely imagine what you are going through with the endo. I feel for you. I'm getting to the point where my vagina does not want to play ball anymore either. Skin tears all of the time and no lubrication = sandpaper sex. UGH. It's not to the "feel like I fucked a handful of knives rawdog" point (I have to admit I laughed at the way you put that and then cringed immediately after). but is still annoying.

I will have to do more research on femdom, most of my customers are into the milf thing so I may have to find a way to integrate the two. I expect a transition period and am willing to go with it. Just time to refocus my hustle and where I choose to spend my energy. I'm curious about how your transition took place, but I will respect that you may not want to share, I completely understand and will find my way with it :)

Thank you again Rose :) Sending hugs your way!

Reactions: Rose
Rose,

Thank you SO much for sharing this with me. I'm going through peri-menopause but can only barely imagine what you are going through with the endo. I feel for you. I'm getting to the point where my vagina does not want to play ball anymore either. Skin tears all of the time and no lubrication = sandpaper sex. UGH. It's not to the "feel like I fucked a handful of knives rawdog" point (I have to admit I laughed at the way you put that and then cringed immediately after). but is still annoying.

I will have to do more research on femdom, most of my customers are into the milf thing so I may have to find a way to integrate the two. I expect a transition period and am willing to go with it. Just time to refocus my hustle and where I choose to spend my energy. I'm curious about how your transition took place, but I will respect that you may not want to share, I completely understand and will find my way with it :)

Thank you again Rose :) Sending hugs your way!
This is now my second round with menopause. It fucking sucks!!!! Hang in there.❤️❤️❤️

so weird that this thread is so recent- I was thinking of starting one last week but didn't!

I have lupus. When I get flares, it feels like I got into a car crash and am dragging myself from the wreckage.

The only things that work for my pain are: a hot shower, stretching/physical therapy exercises specific to where I am having pain, and getting my ass eaten. Not kidding you. rim jobs have eased my pain lately so much more than anything else I've ever tried. Granted, I can only get that when my partner is around. But still-- just a tip for anyone who is able to receive that from someone.

I would look into Niteflirt. Phone, audio clips... if you're up to filming at all during your less painful hours, most of the work with clips is done off camera-- editing and uploading.

I don't explain anything to anyone, I'm femdom and primarily non-nude. My entire shift is sitting right here in this chair, and talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.