AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming without cable internet access

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
Twitter Username
@mika_kedi
MFC Username
mikakedi
Chaturbate Username
mika_kedi
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1004128361/Mika-Kedi/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/191561/mika-kedi
I'm currently looking for an apartment to rent and one of the main reasons to move for me is to have better environment to cam. I finally found an almost perfect apartment, there's *only* one problem: there's no cable internet in the building. I'm not just talking fibre, ANY cable internet is not an available there. Logical part of my brain tells me to just forget about this apartment but it is just so nice I can't do it without making sure there's no way to make it work, so:
Any models here managed to successfully cam using satelite, radio or LTE internet? Is that even possible?

There's no internet service to the building at all? No DSL (phone line)? Personally, if you're looking for a place to live and work from, where your job is dependent upon having a connection to the internet, then hardwire service is the better way to do it.

There's been a few threads about using cell service for camming, if you do a search, you'll find them. Be aware though that some buildings do not allow good cell service in them either. So, if you sign the lease and you can't get good cell service and there's no internet connection, you're SoL.

There's no internet service to the building at all? No DSL (phone line)? Personally, if you're looking for a place to live and work from, where your job is dependent upon having a connection to the internet, then hardwire service is the better way to do it.

There's been a few threads about using cell service for camming, if you do a search, you'll find them. Be aware though that some buildings do not allow good cell service in them either. So, if you sign the lease and you can't get good cell service and there's no internet connection, you're SoL.

Yeah, no phone line, nothing.

Thank you, the truth is I knew that but needed someone else to repeat that back to me.

I'm currently looking for an apartment to rent and one of the main reasons to move for me is to have better environment to cam. I finally found an almost perfect apartment, there's *only* one problem: there's no cable internet in the building. I'm not just talking fibre, ANY cable internet is not an available there. Logical part of my brain tells me to just forget about this apartment but it is just so nice I can't do it without making sure there's no way to make it work, so:
Any models here managed to successfully cam using satelite, radio or LTE internet? Is that even possible?
I was/am in the same boat. I moved to somewhere rural, and there is no ISP. Spectrum, Fiber, etc, do not provide service where I am. I asked my neighbors if they have internet, and they said no.

Right now, I have been using a hotspot service called Broadbandq Wireless. It's $150 a month + $200 activation fee, but you get ok download and ok upload. I am able to cam at 1080p at 60fps pretty steadily. It's a lot pricier than traditional internet, but at least it works better than your phone's hotspot and satellite internet. I suppose beggars can't be choosers :mshrug.

I would suggest you look into any 4g LTE hotspot service. Look up Broadbandq Wireless and see if there are competitors in your area.

Best of luck

Right now, I have been using a hotspot service called Broadbandq Wireless. It's $150 a month + $200 activation fee, but you get ok download and ok upload. I am able to cam at 1080p at 60fps pretty steadily. It's a lot pricier than traditional internet, but at least it works better than your phone's hotspot and satellite internet. I suppose beggars can't be choosers :mshrug.

I would suggest you look into any 4g LTE hotspot service. Look up Broadbandq Wireless and see if there are competitors in your area.

Best of luck

Thank you.

I'm not from USA and LTE internet options in my country are actually very affordable (you can get 100 GB/month for equivalent of about $15 a month or 300 GB for $20 a month + between $20 and $200 for activation and router depending on the provider and router you pick). I already tested two options in my current apartment and they work well most of the time (I also tested 2 different routers, and using better router really made a huge difference , so I honestly recommend anyone using LTE hotspot to get a decent router), but because of how affordable they are they are also pretty popular which can negatively affect the speed and ping at busier times.

Anyway, in case any of you are already invested in my situation ;) it looks like I will be able to get fiber in this apartment after all. It's from a small local provider, which explains why I had some trouble finding out about them, but they seem to be okay.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.