AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can a model be suspended for missing a shift?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2021
I have a model that I have been following for about 7 months. She said she was suspended for missing days at the site. She had to be away for three days due to a family emergency. ( I have what she told me the emergency was, but not necessary to the story). She got back and the site suspended her for two days. She had to miss around the holidays, but that was more planned. The site is ImLive in case you were wondering. I am not sure how the sites work. I assumed that it was just show up and work, but having worked in IT I can see where there may be capacity issues that could arise without proper planning.

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
She must work for a studio that has its own rules. I've been on imlive for 3 years and I can assure thats not a rule they have, you come and go as you please.
Thanks. That is what I thought. I think I am getting played and I need to look into it further.

Reactions: anabeauty37
She must work for a studio that has its own rules. I've been on imlive for 3 years and I can assure thats not a rule they have, you come and go as you please.
Even a studio wouldnt suspend a model for missing shifts, all it would do is cause the studio to loose more money. A studio would be more likely to have fines built into the contract for missed shifts to cover the losses the studio would take from her not showing up.

I wouldn't be surprised if she works for a studio or at least not directly at the site. She only works at night. Her shift switched with the time change and she now works an hour later as opposed to before.

We were supposed to meet this past weekend, but she was suspended earlier in the month and in addition to the week off she could not afford to meet me. I think I am being played. I found a similar story to hers on a different thread on this site.

Reactions: KingMarti
I wouldn't be surprised if she works for a studio or at least not directly at the site. She only works at night. Her shift switched with the time change and she now works an hour later as opposed to before.

We were supposed to meet this past weekend, but she was suspended earlier in the month and in addition to the week off she could not afford to meet me. I think I am being played. I found a similar story to hers on a different thread on this site.

Is she talking about meeting up in real life? You are probably being conned. Sorry to hear you are experiencing this, these are very common scams.
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/in-love-with-a-cam-girl-the-collection-of-threads.36372/ << please see all of these plus the hundred others since the list was made.

Camsites are much more fun when used for their intended purpose instead of trying to turn them into a dating site.

Is she talking about meeting up in real life? You are probably being conned. Sorry to hear you are experiencing this, these are very common scams.
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/in-love-with-a-cam-girl-the-collection-of-threads.36372/ << please see all of these plus the hundred others since the list was made.

Camsites are much more fun when used for their intended purpose instead of trying to turn them into a dating site.
There was one I read on here that seemed eerily similar to the story I was getting.

I used to cam on ImLive a long time ago, and the site itself absolutely does not suspend or ban models for "missing a shift." I remember that ImLive is considered one of the more strict cam sites, so if this model was promising to meet up with you in person, then I'd say she probably got suspended (or banned?) for that reason. That site doesn't want models giving contact info to members, or discussing other sites with members. If she's only suspended (and not banned), she's really gonna have to follow their rules from here on out if she wishes to continue on there.

On a site like MyFreeCams that's a bit more lax, she could get away with discussing something like that though (I've seen MFC models in the past do "Meet me" raffles). But on ImLive? Hell no.

I want to stress. She did not give personal contact information through the site. I have some clarity on what is going on. Thank you all.

Or she was lying about wanting to meet up with you. Told a lie about being suspended to get those sympathy points while avoid meeting you.

Also why are you trying to meetup with a stranger during a pandemic? Stay home. Covid vaccinations don't protect you from the mutations. Please be safe.

Even if she would work with a studio, I am pretty sure they won't suspend her for missing one shift. Generally speaking, you can be offline from most streaming platforms for weeks and your account wouldn't be suspended. For example, on LJ there are models that haven't been online for one month, but their profile is still active. Most probably what got her suspended was breaking the rules of the site.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Model friend of mine got fired from studio 2 days ago. She had some personal family issues and took time off. Got fired. Got rehired. Then had to take some time off to care for her sick six month old. Fired for good this time. No payout of what she had earned, as apparently was paying off lingerie she had bought through the studio to cam in.

She planned to go to USA to visit relatives while she worked out next steps. Until we found this!

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

Appointment waiting time
Select a U.S. embassy or consulate:
Bogota
Non immigrant visa type Appointment waiting time

Visitor visa ----- 535 calendar days
Student / exchange visitor visas ----- 40 calendar days
All other non immigrant visas ----- 25 calendar days

Model friend of mine got fired from studio 2 days ago. She had some personal family issues and took time off. Got fired. Got rehired. Then had to take some time off to care for her sick six month old. Fired for good this time. No payout of what she had earned, as apparently was paying off lingerie she had bought through the studio to cam in.

She planned to go to USA to visit relatives while she worked out next steps. Until we found this!

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

Appointment waiting time
Select a U.S. embassy or consulate:
Bogota
Non immigrant visa type Appointment waiting time

Visitor visa ----- 535 calendar days
Student / exchange visitor visas ----- 40 calendar days
All other non immigrant visas ----- 25 calendar days
Thankfully she has a new job at a new studio, but starting starting again from zero. Unfortunately her living arrangements wouldn't let her cam from home and be independent, nor does she have any PC/Cam related equipment to rent space.

Reactions: anabeauty37
Thankfully she has a new job at a new studio, but starting starting again from zero. Unfortunately her living arrangements wouldn't let her cam from home and be independent, nor does she have any PC/Cam related equipment to rent space.
U right starting from zero and manny times no option to start,. Studious got agreements with sites so usually models are making good money or streamate or flirt4free or livejasmin, then studio fire them and they cant open new account for the next 6 month , and there are models who are doing good only on premium sites , for nothing they go to studios with free sites they know is not for them ..happend to a friend of mine, she missed from studio and they fired her .. she was doing good only on streamate but now 6 months shes must wait ..meanwhile she took a normal job to survive .

• Hugs
Reactions: Billyboy
Status
Not open for further replies.