AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can not taking advantage of “new model status” ruin your chances of being successful?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlyssaMichelle

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 14, 2017
United States
Twitter Username
@mixedbabyyy97
Streamate Username
mixedbabyyy
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000883183/Princess-Lissa/
Kind of hard to explain... but I'd just like to explain my situation.

I started maybe 2 months ago. Unfortunately my schedule at work was a little hectic, so during new model status I was only able to go on twice for like 2 hours at a time.

During the two times that I was able to go online during new model status, I was number 2 for the U.S. and had over 2,000 people in my room at a time. In like an hour and a half. I got about ~1600 followers just from two shows.

NOW I can barely even get 20 people in my room!! I'm so confused as to if I should make a different account or just leave Chaturbate all together. I have great lighting, great camera, great setup, great everything. I have regulars that tip me to keep me going and I'm talking and fun and know hot to use bots but seriously, 20 people?! From over 2000? I feel so discouraged. I know when the new model status goes away your viewers count goes down, but I'll seriously be on for like 4 hours at a time now and only get like 15-20 viewers...

Also my followers have been saying they rarely get the emails that I send out. But I don’t feel like this has as much to do with it as me being on literally the very last page .. :/

Also I'm sorry, I really don't mean to be complaining. I'm not a bitch, I promise. It's just frustrating and kind of insane to me. Does anyone have any advice.

• Hugs
Reactions: Helen Crimson
I cammed evey day during my new model status and barely made any tokens. Traffic was a difference of maybe 20 more people, but not really any additional tippers. After it ended, I got more viewers and much more tips. For me, getting traffic depends on the tags that I use. I played around with different ones for a while until I found the ones that brought me the most paying traffic. I even played around with different angles and locations to find the one that brought the most people in.

If you're consistently having issues with low traffic, the times that you are getting on may not be the hours that work best for you. Try tweaking it around if possible. For myself, I know that I make the most money from 9-12 at night even though I'd love to be getting on and reaching goals much earlier.

I've had some frustrations with Chaturbate, too. Seems like there's constant technical issues and few members that are willing to spend. I've been considering hopping ship to streamate, but I'll give it a few more months.

I cammed evey day during my new model status and barely made any tokens. Traffic was a difference of maybe 20 more people, but not really any additional tippers. After it ended, I got more viewers and much more tips. For me, getting traffic depends on the tags that I use. I played around with different ones for a while until I found the ones that brought me the most paying traffic. I even played around with different angles and locations to find the one that brought the most people in.

If you're consistently having issues with low traffic, the times that you are getting on may not be the hours that work best for you. Try tweaking it around if possible. For myself, I know that I make the most money from 9-12 at night even though I'd love to be getting on and reaching goals much earlier.

I've had some frustrations with Chaturbate, too. Seems like there's constant technical issues and few members that are willing to spend. I've been considering hopping ship to streamate, but I'll give it a few more months.
Thanks for the advice. I actually signed up with Streamate and am considering MFC as well, lol. Unfortunately I'm only able to cam at certain hours because of my other job :(

thats so weird though with the new model status thing... i had exactly the opposite experience!

Thanks for the advice. I actually signed up with Streamate and am considering MFC as well, lol. Unfortunately I'm only able to cam at certain hours because of my other job :(

thats so weird though with the new model status thing... i had exactly the opposite experience!

I think most people have the opposite experience. I thought there must be something wrong with me to not even be doing well with new model status, but right after it ended, things got much better for me.

I hope you have better luck with Streamate! I'm sure I'll end up there at some point too.

Reactions: AlyssaMichelle
It really depends on the site.... On streamate new model status is really not that important and can even tend to bring in freeloaders and people trying to take advantage of you but MFC is definitely one of those sites where you should take advantage of your new model status, ive never cammed on chaturbate so im no help with that.

With Streamate, all that new model status gets you is the people who think new models are easier to scam. You can create your account, wait until new model status expires, and start camming then, for all it matters.

Model status is a negative on streamate but seems to mean the world on mfc and chatturbate.

That being said, when I first started on mfc, I managed to tank my camscore to around 400, then brought it back to over 1k in about a month of hard work and determination. So... it is possible. I was never particularly successful, but did pretty ok. Just keep with it and keep an eye on your goals even during the slow times.

I had absolutely no idea what I was doing on MFC when I had new model status, so I frittered a lot of it away learning how it worked and chatting to get familiar. I do have a few regulars from then, but not many. Seems like my success on MFC now comes in short bursts, and some days I make $5 (common), some I make $500 (raaare). It's totally unpredictable, and seems that my regs from early days are not necessarily my good tippers. I have absolutely no idea what brings me good nights, but I know that I haven't made money yet when I log on tired or earlier in the day. I am all about stats! But nothing so far seems to line up in an understandable way. It would be interesting to see if anything would be different with new model status now that I'm not *actually* new.

Status
Not open for further replies.