AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can Viewers Pay Models Directly Using Payoneer?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
Payoneer apparently allows models to be paid by webcam sites using a prepaid credit card. Correct me if that is wrong. I am reading on other forums that there is apparently some way that a viewer can pay a model directly using Payoneer. How does that work, in detail? If it is possible, then what kind of fee does Payoneer take?

The Payoneer website seems to suggest that they are a large-scale payment processor, and their customer is obviously the webcam site. They do not appear to be a consumer to consumer product, so it is really not clear to me how an individual could sign up there and then send money to a specific model. The threads I am reading through on other sites are quite old, so a lot may have changed.

Payoneer is now first choice pay for models that is where they do all the "adult" business for them takes place. Just an fyi.

As far as I know you have to be a legit business ie webcam site to be added as a payment option on the prepaid card.

I'm no rep for them but @Dan Epstein is and he may be able to clarify.

Your best bet is to tip her on her cam site or see if she has something like indie bill that takes a small percentage but still has adult friendly tos

Payoneer did have a "private load" option at one point, but they apparently didn't like it being used by camgirls and would remove the options if they found out it was being used for services. That's what I remember hearing; I never used it personally.

Payoneer did have a "private load" option at one point, but they apparently didn't like it being used by camgirls and would remove the options if they found out it was being used for services. That's what I remember hearing; I never used it personally.
Yeah they don't really want cam people etc using payoneer anymore that's why they added the new first choice pay, I use it and have never been able to do like private loads or whatever.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Gen
Yeah you have to have a legitimate business to use payoneer to make disbursements to other payoneer accounts.

Your Payoneer Account is intended to be used as a payout solution to receive funds via either of the following options:

1) Mass Payout Companies: If you are working with a company that offers payment via Payoneer, you can link your Payoneer account to your account with that company and receive a payment. For details on how to link your Payoneer account to a new mass payout company, visit this blog post.
2) Global Payment Service: This service allows you to receive payments from international companies. For more information on the service, please visit our Support Center.
3) Billing Service: Payoneer’s Request a Payment feature is an easy and cost-effective way for our users to request and receive payments from both individuals and companies. Please refer to this page for more information regarding the service.

An old email I had regarding specifically what OP intended to use payoneer for. This was in response to me making an account and adding my bank as a funding option, but unable to add funds to my own account to transfer.

I doubt first choice is any different? But I could be wrong. I've used other means for direct payment and had no issue. You'll just have to ask the model in question. This is one that is most certainly a person-to-basis.

Yeah you have to have a legitimate business to use payoneer to make disbursements to other payoneer accounts.

An old email I had regarding specifically what OP intended to use payoneer for. This was in response to me making an account and adding my bank as a funding option, but unable to add funds to my own account to transfer.

I doubt first choice is any different? But I could be wrong. I've used other means for direct payment and had no issue. You'll just have to ask the model in question. This is one that is most certainly a person-to-basis.

For me that e-mail makes clear my original thought that Payoneer and First Choice are large-scale payment processors, and using them for consumer to consumer transactions just will not work.

So the options appear to be Indiebill, which will charge 15%, or a cash-transfer service like Western Union, which will charge 10% to 20% depending on the size of the transfer, but which also involve significant hassle (e.g., rejection of transactions that do not fit their "security model", callbacks to authenticate the sender, mistakes made on the spelling of receiver's name, need to transmit transaction codes to the receiver, etc). PayPal is out because they are not adult-friendly. There is really nothing else available for adult services that would take less than 10% as a transaction fee?

Honestly I would just say indie bill is your best bet. It has international direct deposit and they only take 15% and cover chargebacks. Safest for everyone involved.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
Honestly I would just say indie bill is your best bet. It has international direct deposit and they only take 15% and cover chargebacks. Safest for everyone involved.

I like Indiebill a lot. I think they might be victims of their own success. They start email conversations and then get busy and do not finish them, so getting clear answers from them has been a challenge. I'll persist.

Does anyone know why Indiebill is formed in France? Is the law in France more tolerant of sex work? It's obviously a super-high tax environment, so that seemed like an unusual location choice for an adult payment processor.

This has been a great thread so far. Every single post was factual and made contributions. Thanks everyone!

Reactions: hottieheidiii
I like Indiebill a lot. I think they might be victims of their own success. They start email conversations and then get busy and do not finish them, so getting clear answers from them has been a challenge. I'll persist.

Does anyone know why Indiebill is formed in France? Is the law in France more tolerant of sex work? It's obviously a super-high tax environment, so that seemed like an unusual location choice for an adult payment processor.

This has been a great thread so far. Every single post was factual and made contributions. Thanks everyone!
They have always responded to me in a quick manner. Usually the same day.

No clue why they are in France but who really cares lol. Over thinking it a bit there. Its a sweet payment processor that works well. I get my payouts the same day. It is where it is lol.

Moneygram doesn't charge a % of a fee for transfer services. It's like a flat $16.00 up to like 1,000 and then incrementally gets higher past that. I didn't play around with the numbers enough to tell you how exponential that flat fee is but it looks like this:

Examples shown below are estimates sent from an in person location sending from US to Romania:

1000 USD - 16.00 fee
1500 USD - 30.00 fee
3000 - 60.00 fee

Not sure what your pockets are looking like, but this is what I personally use and I haven't had any issues. Obviously you need your receivers real name, and to just double check everything before finalizing, but it's not really a hassle. A simple text including your name, the transfer amount and the reference number will do.

• Helpful!
Too late to edit previous post but wanted to add:

You can do online transfers as well, but you'll have to pay a convenience fee as I call it. Sometimes it's negligible as opposed to making the effort of getting the cash and going in person. But there's other things to consider: If you use online and choose bank account as your payment method, that may take a few days to process but is your cheapest option. If you use online and use your credit/debit card, then it clears almost immediately but is subject to a harsher convenience fee.

Example:

800 USD online using bank account -- 25.00 fee
800 USD online using card -- 64.00 fee

• Helpful!
Moneygram doesn't charge a % of a fee for transfer services. It's like a flat $16.00 up to like 1,000 and then incrementally gets higher past that. I didn't play around with the numbers enough to tell you how exponential that flat fee is but it looks like this:

Examples shown below are estimates sent from an in person location sending from US to Romania:

1000 USD - 16.00 fee
1500 USD - 30.00 fee
3000 - 60.00 fee

Not sure what your pockets are looking like, but this is what I personally use and I haven't had any issues. Obviously you need your receivers real name, and to just double check everything before finalizing, but it's not really a hassle. A simple text including your name, the transfer amount and the reference number will do.

That looks interesting, although it will have the same hassle factor that Western Union does.

I am typically sending small amounts of money, so the fees become a big deal.

The problem with wire transfers is that you typically get huge fees on the receiving end of a foreign transaction. So typical fee at a US bank for outgoing international wires are $25 to $45, but on the receiving end seeing a fee $50 to $80 is commonplace. You eat up as much as $125 in fees (worst case) even for small transfers.

Been doing this for some time, you pay the transfer fee. There isn't a separate fee for them to receive the money. Only thing that occurs usually, depending on how soon they pick it up, is that the exchange rate changes. Which isn't so drastic a change that it makes a huge difference anyway. It's not like a piece of mail that goes through customs and has import taxes. It's literally just a digital number that gets handshaked from one account to the other until your receiver withdraws that number as tangible currency.

In any case, You should have enough information by now to make an educated decision. Now the missing piece is her approval and her preferred payment methods that will make things crystal clear for you.

• Helpful!

The two founders if Indiebill are French, so that's why they started there.

I love this thread already. @a_haze420 , I could give you the whole lecture, however you figured out a solution already. You found a payment gateway provider for your independent freelance purposes. The sweet part about it is that yours truly worked hard, and that Indiebill are compatible with Firstchoice Pay for quiet some time now.
As for where Gerald (a friend and colleague) from Indiebill is located, does it really matter?
@GenXoxo , I can start a whole seminary like thread on why the private load option is not available anymore and most of the reasons will be self explanatory to most models. I did assist a few models who accumulated regulars offsite for private shows, however these smart business women emerged with their own website and platforms, they run their own niche, employ other independent models, and offer competitive revenue share plans for them. I am pretty damn proud to say that I have managed to walk some of them to pay through our services officially, and guess what? Neither they, or their models need to resort to a private load.
Any further insights, inquiries, complaints and grievances, you know where to find me :)

Reactions: Gen and a_haze420
Status
Not open for further replies.