AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can you help me choose DSLR Camera?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2018
Poland
Chaturbate Username
nickiii666
Hi guys .In about one month probably I will have DLSR camera for broadcast. Im good in lenses and I exactly know what i look for about lenses (max 35mm f 1.8/ 1.4 because i need depth of field). But can you advice me about really good camera for broadcast? I was thinking about SONY A7 RII or R III or Nikon D750/850.

I need fast focus, good video and good connection with elgato camlink or something like that.

If you are good for lenses, then they should dictate which brand of camera you should get.
If you have a wide enough lens, maybe you could save money by getting a crop camera, rather than full frame?
Say you have Nikon fit lenses, then get the D7500 rather than the D750, but consider whether your lenses fit a crop camera.

Sorry, I just read your message again. You don't have a lens yet?
I don't really know what would be best for video and connections, but I'm sure there would be cheaper options than the cameras you have referred to.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackWizard
Upvote 0
If you are good for lenses, then they should dictate which brand of camera you should get.
If you have a wide enough lens, maybe you could save money by getting a crop camera, rather than full frame?
Say you have Nikon fit lenses, then get the D7500 rather than the D750, but consider whether your lenses fit a crop camera.

Sorry, I just read your message again. You don't have a lens yet?
I don't really know what would be best for video and connections, but I'm sure there would be cheaper options than the cameras you have referred to.
From lenses i wish sigma art .I know they are for sony and canons. The options I mentioned , i saw on chaturbate when some girls where using them -thats why i know they look nice. Sigma Art is great but its not necessary, can be also other brand. For lens i need depth of field f 1.8 is enough and 35mm max. I hear sigma art are great thats why i mentioned them , but im open for all suggestions

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi guys .In about one month probably I will have DLSR camera for broadcast. Im good in lenses and I exactly know what i look for about lenses (max 35mm f 1.8/ 1.4 because i need depth of field). But can you advice me about really good camera for broadcast? I was thinking about SONY A7 RII or R III or Nikon D750/850.

I need fast focus, good video and good connection with elgato camlink or something like that.
If you are going Sony don't get the A7R series, those are more photography cameras, or at least you would be paying more for photography features you don't need. This is what I'd recommend going from the lowest cost to the highest. I'd also looked for used options, especially on Ebay.

APSC
  1. Sony a6000 - Good for simple 1080p streams/video
  2. Sony a6100 - Get this if you need 4k
  3. Sony a6400 - 4k and advanced picture profiles settings for colour grading
For these camera's the Sigma 16mm f/1.4 is a great wide angle lens that is fast. The Sigma 30mm f/1.4 is also good, but depends on your setup as it's tighter.

Full Frame
  1. Sony A7iii - No flippy screen, but can find decently priced used
  2. Sony A7C - Similar to the A7iii but slightly better autofocus and has a flip out screen.
For full frame you have a huge range of lenses, so I guess it depends on how much money you are looking to spend.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlackWizard
Upvote 0
If you are going Sony don't get the A7R series, those are more photography cameras, or at least you would be paying more for photography features you don't need. This is what I'd recommend going from the lowest cost to the highest. I'd also looked for used options, especially on Ebay.

APSC
For these camera's the Sigma 16mm f/1.4 is a great wide angle lens that is fast. The Sigma 30mm f/1.4 is also good, but depends on your setup as it's tighter.

Full Frame
  2. Sony A7C - Similar to the A7iii but slightly better autofocus and has a flip out screen.
For full frame you have a huge range of lenses, so I guess it depends on how much money you are looking to spend.
And what is difference between APSC and full frame>? Sony a6400 for example is not full frame>?

Upvote 0

APSC

Full Frame
btw thank you!!! This is really great advice! Wow very helpful you are ! The same with grids and softboxes

Upvote 0
And what is difference between APSC and full frame>? Sony a6400 for example is not full frame>?
Full frame cameras have larger sensors, which affects the field of view and the depth of field. This is something you have to know when comparing cameras of different sensor sizes. For example if you have an APSC camera with a 16mm lens you would need a 24mm lens on a full frame to get the same field of view. To go from APSC to full frame you multiply the focal length by 1.5, and by 0.667 for the reverse. You also have to multiply the f number to get the equivalent depth of field. If you have a lens that f/1.4 APSC for example, the full frame equivalent would be approx f/2.1. This only applies to depth of field though, and not light.

It can be kinda complicated to understand without visuals lol.

Reactions: cexmental
Upvote 0
Full frame cameras have larger sensors, which affects the field of view and the depth of field. This is something you have to know when comparing cameras of different sensor sizes. For example if you have an APSC camera with a 16mm lens you would need a 24mm lens on a full frame to get the same field of view. To go from APSC to full frame you multiply the focal length by 1.5, and by 0.667 for the reverse. You also have to multiply the f number to get the equivalent depth of field. If you have a lens that f/1.4 APSC for example, the full frame equivalent would be approx f/2.1. This only applies to depth of field though, and not light.

It can be kinda complicated to understand without visuals lol.

ohh ehhhh now im stupid :D So can you tell me in the easiest way: if depth of field will be good in APSC camera with F 1.4?

Upvote 0
It comes down to preference, but I've seen a few models use a really shallow depth of field and I personally don't like the effect; basically the girl was the only part of the scene in focus. Also, when using too a wide lens, the model can become distorted if she is not central in the scene., again something that puts me off.

Upvote 0
Do you have any pic how world look with sony a6400 and this lens?
It's a bit challenging to find videos that fully represent how a cam model might use this setup, as a lot of the times it's streamers who are using it as a face cam or people who aren't moving around a lot. The perceived depth of field will change in relation to your distance from your camera and other objects. Anyways here is an ok example I could find

Upvote 0
It's a bit challenging to find videos that fully represent how a cam model might use this setup, as a lot of the times it's streamers who are using it as a face cam or people who aren't moving around a lot. The perceived depth of field will change in relation to your distance from your camera and other objects. Anyways here is an ok example I could find

Thank you !! Really thank you. I watches exactly the two videos you sent and also checked in google and now my decision is in 99 % made- sony a6400 + sigma art 16mm f 1.4. Btw WOW! I always thought 35 mm f 1.4 is the best options, i didnt know that 16 mm is in soooo good price and that it exist :D You changed my camminng world ! Thank you!

Upvote 0
I
sony a6400 + sigma art 16mm f 1.4. Btw WOW! I always thought 35 mm f 1.4 is the best options, i didnt know that 16 mm is in soooo good price and that it exist :D
That is not an Art lens though
Also, the combination will be the same as 24mm which might lead to a distorted image in a small space. The video only shows the guy sitting in the middle while the room appears as a fishbowl

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lens selection also will depend on distance from the cam and what you want to capture. In most cases for models you want to fill the frame mostly with you, not (generally at least) show a wide view of the room with you appearing smaller and farther away from the viewers. People want to see you, not your room.

Upvote 0
Hmm I love logitech brio and usually i use 90 angle (wide) because with wide angle you can show all of you (all my body,not my room). and when i want closer-i just sit closer. Maybe Im weird but wide angle gives me more freedom - im not decapitated and u can see my face, body, legs etc and when i want be visible in close up- i put my cam close to my face

Upvote 0
Maybe.
I've seen a few popular rooms where the effect is obvious to me and I don't like it, but it obviously doesn't bother other visitor
Maybe. I googled yesterday exactly : sigma art 16 mm F 1.4 and i found it with sigma art (in google graphics). For me looks cool. I was working before with canons and i had 50 mm - that was grrrrrrrrrrrrr sooo cloooose

Upvote 0
Maybe. I googled yesterday exactly : sigma art 16 mm F 1.4 and i found it with sigma art (in google graphics). For me looks cool. I was working before with canons and i had 50 mm - that was grrrrrrrrrrrrr sooo cloooose
The image results are not always a match for the search you put in. The lenses showing when I searched are the Contemporary models amongst others of different focal ranges. If you worked before with a crop canon camera, the 50mm lens would effectively become a 70(ish)mm lens, which is too long for a small room.

Hmm but i checked now that 16 mm dont have big depth of field and this is what i need most- depth of field. Maybe 24 mm f 1.4 wil be better? It goes with sony a 6400?

The depth of field is associated with the f number - 1.4
1.4 is a very shallow depth of focus if you are physically close to the camera, while around 5.6 is pretty standard for basic lenses., but will not blur the background so nice.

As I said before, but Nigerian Prince doesn't quite agree with, I think a wide lens (16mm) will distort the room itself, but if that is not an issue, fine. As bbbaddd says, you are what visitors are interested in, not so much the surroundings. But I wonder if you stray too much from that sweet spot with a shallow depth of field, will you become distorted and blurry too? The camera would have to have good tracking to keep you looking good if you move around a lot, I would have thought. .

But again, I haven't really used the video function of my camera gear and would think Nigerian Prince's advice would be more qualified.

Here's a handy tool to work out the dof

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The image results are not always a match for the search you put in. The lenses showing when I searched are the Contemporary models amongst others of different focal ranges. If you worked before with a crop canon camera, the 50mm lens would effectively become a 70(ish)mm lens, which is too long for a small room.

The depth of field is associated with the f number - 1.4
1.4 is a very shallow depth of focus if you are physically close to the camera, while around 5.6 is pretty standard for basic lenses., but will not blur the background so nice.

As I said before, but Nigerian Prince doesn't quite agree with, I think a wide lens (16mm) will distort the room itself, but if that is not an issue, fine. As bbbaddd says, you are what visitors are interested in, not so much the surroundings. But I wonder if you stray too much from that sweet spot with a shallow depth of field, will you become distorted and blurry too? The camera would have to have good tracking to keep you looking good if you move around a lot, I would have thought. .

But again, I haven't really used the video function of my camera gear and would think Nigerian Prince's advice would be more qualified.

Here's a handy tool to work out the dof

Yea i will need do research about 16 s 24mm . Waiting for Nigerian Prince to respond. Thank you too for opinions. Together on forum we will find a good solution:)))

Upvote 0
Depending on wether your go APSC or FF 16mm might be a bit way too wide though since that's already considered fisheye. Distortion will in fact be visible on the sides not to mention also vignetting. This will be visible mostly on FF cameras, APSC will crop so it might/might not depending on your lens distort as much. While i understand 50mm might be too close, 24mm-35mm would be an interesting and safe choice. Anything below that is waaay too much in my opinion. I have lenses of any focal length and tested them aswell for webcamming purpose. Lowest I'd go is 28mm, highest probably 50mm. Your focal lenght depends on your creative take on how your shot will be framed and how you want to play with your bokeh. The higher the focal lenght (mm) the more your elements in the shots (at frond, mid and end of room) will be 'squeezed' together thus resulting in a more pronounced bokeh effect. This is way it's generally easier to stay in focus at wide aperture (fstop).

Not sure how sigma lenses have been lately however make sure to check how it's handling autofocus. Even the most expensive and most native lenses can have a rattling noise when autofocussing especially when you intend to use F1.4. This because lenses in general were never really intended for autofocus in film modus. This is something that the people wanted when they wanted to use DSLRs and non dslrs for film purpose. There are ultra sonic lenses if i recall right but not sure how much better they sound. I'm mentioning this because your mic CAN pick this up. Depending on which mic you use it might/might not pick up that sound. Some mics can even pick up the sound of the Lush vibrating, some mics dont even pick up a moan properly (built in PC for example). You'll be super bummed after you've set it up only to notice that your sound is rattling due to your lens focussing all the time. Sound is as important as visuals when it comes to camming in my opinion

Also check which camera outputs what through HDMI. Some are restricted to 1080p output, some can go to 4k (or more). Something to keep in mind to be up to date for longer.

For example: The a7s2 can output 4k (comfirmed although Elgato says it doesnt) through HDMI .. AWESOME. However it does not have phase autodetection which means autodetection will be hit or miss most of the time depending on how close you go to F1.4 although it's considered still a higher end film sensor camera. Make sure it does not use CONTRAST focusdetection

My advance, check youtube focal lenght comparisons. My opinion also dont go too cheap on your lens (if you intend to even use it outside of camming for videos and whatnot). Lens glass make a HUGE difference in your image quality. That's why ART and Premium lenses are more expensive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Depending on wether your go APSC or FF 16mm might be a bit way too wide though since that's already considered fisheye. Distortion will be visible on the sides. While i understand 50mm might be too close. 24mm-35mm would be an interesting and safe choice.

Not sure how sigma lenses have been lately however make sure to check how it's handling autofocus. Even the most expensive and most native lenses can have a rattling noise when autofocussing especially when you intend to use F1.4. This because lenses in general were never really intended for autofocus in film modus. This is something that the people wanted when they wanted to use DSLRs and non dslrs for film purpose.

Also check which camera outputs what through HDMI. Some are restricted to 1080p output, some can go to 4k (or more). Something to keep in mind to be up to date for longer.

For example: The a7s2 can output 4k (comfirmed although Elgato says it doesnt) through HDMI .. AWESOME. However it does not have phase autodetection which means autodetection will be hit or miss most of the time depending on how close you go to F1.4 although it's considered still a higher end film sensor camera. Make sure it does not use CONTRAST focusdetection
Hmm the last part I didnt understand at all ......:) 4 k for sure i dont need. I was using elgato camlink with canon eos rebel t6 or something like that and was ok, but im not sure what we are talking about. How i can check it? Im almost decided for sony a6400 + sigma art 24mm f 1.4

Upvote 0
I'm unsure about every camera but usually all cameras ouput 1080p without overlays on Sony camera's which is fine. If you're unsure you could check Elgato's camera checkup to see what ouputs it supports. If you're a bit more techsavy or known to do your research you can find exact specifications about your camera in question and what it outputs.

https://www.elgato.com/nl/node/2270 to check your camera :) Looks like you have 4k30 HDMI support which is nice to have. At first sight although I'd have to check in depth about your choice it seems like a very decent choice of camera to cam with. Just keep in mind the APSC for the future when buying lenses. Considering your choice of lens you'll have a nice 36mm lens equivallent. Also keep in mind that in reality you cant just multiple your cropfactor if you want to be correct. Your distortion will stay as with the 24mm, however you'll just CROP in to your image which makes it 'look' like a 36mm.

Either way i'm sure you can find some youtube reviews our your specific setup to assure yourself what the image might look like :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is something I forgot about. and it is something else that annoys me, lol!
Lenses I can have many , so its not the biggest problem. For sure I will have sigma art,because its my dream. But when i will already have camera, i cam have another lenses. Now we need investigate the thing about HDMI output

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.