AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

can you use OBS studio and splitcam at same time?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it is, it's a bit of a hack. You start splitcam first and set up your camera. Then open obs and add a new video source then choose "splitcam video driver" as the video capture device and now you have both a clean stream on splitcam and you can use plugin on obs.

Another way we can do this is my adding the splitcam preview window as a window capture. Note that by this way the resolution on OBS will suffer.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Regards.

Upvote 0
yes it is, it's a bit of a hack. You start splitcam first and set up your camera. Then open obs and add a new video source then choose "splitcam video driver" as the video capture device and now you have both a clean stream on splitcam and you can use plugin on obs.

Another way we can do this is my adding the splitcam preview window as a window capture. Note that by this way the resolution on OBS will suffer.

Regards.
thank you so much!!

Upvote 0

Regards.
In last version 10.4.57 we support virtual drivers and DSLR cameras , its mean you can use OBS virtualcam in splitcam too.

Upvote 0
You need camlink or avermedia or some chineese adapter for it between your camera and splitcam.

If you know some software who connect directly, please let me know ?
We can check this software and maybe do same ;-)

Upvote 0
You need camlink or avermedia or some chineese adapter for it between your camera and splitcam.

If you know some software who connect directly, please let me know ?
We can check this software and maybe do same ;-)
Cannon ,sony and even nikon (big surprise there) have release "webcam utility" which allow newer models to be added as a webcam via usb. The software is in beta, but it should work directly with splitcam as it makes my dslr to be detected as webcam, so it should show up as a webcam on splitcam as well.

Upvote 0
@dickwow99 @SplitCam
Sorry I completely forgot about this lol. So I tested it and you can stream directly from your camera to SplitCam just using software, at least with Sony's software, though I imagine they all work similarly. I tested OBS Virtualcam and that worked as an option for using both software (did not try streaming though, just checked that the video feed worked fine in both).Untitled.png

Upvote 0
@dickwow99 @SplitCam
Sorry I completely forgot about this lol. So I tested it and you can stream directly from your camera to SplitCam just using software, at least with Sony's software, though I imagine they all work similarly. I tested OBS Virtualcam and that worked as an option for using both software (did not try streaming though, just checked that the video feed worked fine in both).View attachment 85869
I am looking to get a cam as well and having a cam directly record to pc is a big feature that I want.

Can you tell me a few things.

Which camera are you using?
are you using any capture card..say camlink?
what resolution are you getting?
can you power the camera indefinitely via usb or you have to use a "dummy battery"?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I am looking to get a cam as well and having a cam directly record to pc is a big feature that I want.

Can you tell me a few things.

Which camera are you using?
are you using any capture card..say camlink?
what resolution are you getting?
can you power the camera indefinitely via usb or you have to use a "dummy battery"?

Thanks

I currently use the Sony a6400 with the Elgato HD60 S. I get 1080 60fps with it, though I only got this over the camlink 4k because it was notoriously hard to find any capture card during the beginning of the pandemic. I've never tried to power through USB, I use a dummy battery.

Reactions: dickwow99
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.