AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can your accountant tell from your 1099 that you are a cammer?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2019
When I filed previously I would use Turbotax and just put "Model" as my job description. If I provide my 1099 to an accountant will they know that I am a cammer?

Edit: The reason I am asking is because my parents has been telling me to use their family accountant.

Last edited:
It’s possible, it depends how nosy they are. The parent companies that issue your 1099 usually. have different names than the names your sites are doing business under. So if you stream on SluttyBoobSluts dot com, your 1099 might be from like, SBS Media LLC or something like that. Maybe do a little google search of the companies on your 1099s and see what comes up and if you feel comfortable with it.
Also, if you have itemized tax deductions like toys, you might want to think about that.

It’s possible, it depends how nosy they are. The parent companies that issue your 1099 usually. have different names than the names your sites are doing business under. So if you stream on SluttyBoobSluts dot com, your 1099 might be from like, SBS Media LLC or something like that. Maybe do a little google search of the companies on your 1099s and see what comes up and if you feel comfortable with it.
Also, if you have itemized tax deductions like toys, you might want to think about that.

I just did a search and while it isn't obvious if you dig deep it seems like you can figure out that it is related to adult entertainment. You are also correct about itemized deductions.

Are there any accountants that specialize in this?

Reactions: lotacy
If you wanted to try it yourself... you can do it *free* here -- https://www.freetaxusa.com/1099.jsp

avoid turbotax, i am finally jumping ship this year. and should have long ago.

i would recommend at least TRYING to do it yourself, it's free, safe, and there seem to be tons of resources surrounding this online for cammodels.

remember there isn't a time limit (just the possibly moved further back but usually April 15th deadline) so take your time, ask questions, consult numerous resources... with the safety new of knowing that ultimately if you are just too unsure and want to use an accountant, it's as simple as not submitting and instead starting over with a blank form so no data is stored and voila...

it really can't hurt to try, plus they lay everything out for you on the site in step-by-step sections.

FYI if you tried the same thru turbotax, sure, easy, but also they will be trying to sell you upgrades or making you feel locked into upgrading... they are.. .scummy, really.

just a suggestion :)

https://taxxxguy.com/

Here are four that specialize in adult industry taxes.

Outside of that there's a book called Thriving in sex work: Sex work and money By Lola Davina. Highly reccomend.

Status
Not open for further replies.