AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB Anonymous Browsing Intentionally Crippled?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
I noticed today that if you go into a CB model's room with an anonymous browser tab that they have crippled the video and the audio. It looks like about 10 frames per second video, and most rooms had no audio at all. I actually think that is a good idea and I wonder why they did not do that a long time ago. But is this an intentional plan, or is this just another random CB fubar, as usual, and the behavior will randomly change whenever...?

For one thing, this will make the robots that automatically record every show have much less interesting content since they will have no sound and the video looks awful.

I see the same thing. Both when I’m signed in and I open an anonymous tab, and when I am completely signed out on all tabs. This seems to apply to all instances of viewers who are not registered AND signed in while viewing.

If it’s intentional, they might want to add verbiage to the page making that clear. Otherwise, as @cbhours noted, a new viewer will just assume CB has terrible video quality and might not bother registering to become a member. And any advertising revenue they’re getting from anonymous views might take a hit.

i haven't noticed anything since the last time I used it .... some rooms are crap, most are fine.

I have also experienced this today, earlier it didn't matter if you were logged in or not, now only logged out seems to be lagging. I am in the USA and I was finally able to get a solid connection by using a VPN to the UK. Once I did that I was able to view streams without issue. I think there could be a problem with one of the CDN's here in North America as even a Canadian VPN connection wasn't working.

Yeah, this doesn’t seem like something CB would do on purpose, IMO. I bet there’s a bug of some sort.

I was in 'mod' mode in a room and a number of unfamiliar usernames began to appear, most stayed silent but some commented that they had to sign up to the site to be able to continue watching for free. As if that was such an inconvenience! Not sure how they realised this, but probably through FB, twitter or other socials......
So I guessed there was either a temporary restriction on anonymous users (bandwidth problems, servers down etc) or the site had changed a setting to encourage signups.
If it's the last one, I actually think it is a good thing.

EDIT:
Just reading some earlier replies, I'm surprised that some members here at least sometimes watch anonymously.
While it's obviously none of my business, I wonder if there is a reason why - anyone willing to say?

Last edited:
I wonder if it's possible to prioritize the connections of people who are already logged into the site so that during times of heavy traffic those with tokens to spend are the least negatively affected? If so, I could see that being a potential cause, even if not explicitly done with the intention of driving people to sign up for the site.

I was in 'mod' mode in a room and a number of unfamiliar usernames began to appear, most stayed silent but some commented that they had to sign up to the site to be able to continue watching for free. As if that was such an inconvenience! Not sure how they realised this, but probably through FB, twitter or other socials......
So I guessed there was either a temporary restriction on anonymous users (bandwidth problems, servers down etc) or the site had changed a setting to encourage signups.
If it's the last one, I actually think it is a good thing.

EDIT:
Just reading some earlier replies, I'm surprised that some members here at least sometimes watch anonymously.
While it's obviously none of my business, I wonder if there is a reason why - anyone willing to say?

Was it similar to this? CB did this back in 2012 to force anon's to create accounts in order to keep watching.

654.PNG

In my case I don't like to actually use Cb on my phone. Just don't like the way that it works. It's a pain to try to talk to someone much. But I will use it to look in now and then when I'm out. I don't bother to log in then since I'm not going to be doing anything more. Once in a rare while I may to throw a few quick tips to some friends. Usually not though.

• Helpful!
Reactions: rockin_rod
Was it similar to this? CB did this back in 2012 to force anon's to create accounts in order to keep watching.

View attachment 88647
Never seen that before, but then again, I rarely look at the start of the chat window when entering a familiar room.
Maybe that is what triggered those new signups though; I will check when next on CB.
But yesterday I was logged into the site in a room that had around 10,000 viewers, and about 9,700 were anonymous. So I'd imagine only the busiest rooms would ever reach whatever the threshold is set at, as it must be higher than that.

In my case I don't like to actually use Cb on my phone. Just don't like the way that it works. It's a pain to try to talk to someone much. But I will use it to look in now and then when I'm out. I don't bother to log in then since I'm not going to be doing anything more. Once in a rare while I may to throw a few quick tips to some friends. Usually not though.
Thank you for replying, much appreciated!

I didn't notice any changes in quality when browsing anonymous. And I checked multiple rooms. I'm from Europe maybe that's because?
I only tip on MFC but sometimes I check CB to see if she broadcasts there too. For multiple reasons; To see how popular she is there, if she keeps broadcasting when in Private. And if she doesn't have a tipmenu on MFC, to check if she has one on CB, etc.

it can vary for me to get this really bad quality on CB and that is when I am logged in. It will quite randomly, and suddenly just switch to doing it.
A guy was saying to a model yesterday as he was tipping about her going at only a few frames per second, she asked everyone else and about 4 of us said it's fine for us, but that's not to say he was obviously wrong or it was his connection, as I have experienced this problem myself many times.

All seems fine for now, but some times it can literally just be so random, and with any model at any time, it's impossible to pinpoint - but one thing we do know is it's CB end and not ours.

When I’m on CB, 90 percent of the time I’m logged in. But I keep my browser in private mode. On CB, when you open a new tab in private mode (at least for me), even though I am signed in on the original tab, I have to sign in again on each new tab I open. So when I’m seeing a page anonymously it’s usually because I opened a new tab and I have to sign in again.

Also, I don’t leave my browser signed in to CB. So anytime I start a new CB session after closing the browser, I’ll have to log in again. On occasion, something might catch my eye before I go through that process and I’ll browse a bit before I sign in.

Reactions: rockin_rod
it can vary for me to get this really bad quality on CB and that is when I am logged in. It will quite randomly, and suddenly just switch to doing it.
A guy was saying to a model yesterday as he was tipping about her going at only a few frames per second, she asked everyone else and about 4 of us said it's fine for us, but that's not to say he was obviously wrong or it was his connection, as I have experienced this problem myself many times.

All seems fine for now, but some times it can literally just be so random, and with any model at any time, it's impossible to pinpoint - but one thing we do know is it's CB end and not ours.
I have had a separate problem recently with some Eastern European models when I am logged into their room and sending tokens. Suddenly the video starts at 10 fps and cannot be reset automatically or by manually selecting a video setting. I have to refresh the browser page, at which point the video is normal again.

I have had a separate problem recently with some Eastern European models when I am logged into their room and sending tokens. Suddenly the video starts at 10 fps and cannot be reset automatically or by manually selecting a video setting. I have to refresh the browser page, at which point the video is normal again.

When it happens for me, the video players changes, if I click the "mute/unmute" icon on the video, it will refresh the video player and show the correct, new one and the video stream will work properly.

When it happens for me, the video players changes, if I click the "mute/unmute" icon on the video, it will refresh the video player and show the correct, new one and the video stream will work properly.
That's worked well for me too. Prior to the PM history change, refreshing the whole browser window was a pain as you lost the pm chat. Not an issue now, of course.

That's worked well for me too. Prior to the PM history change, refreshing the whole browser window was a pain as you lost the pm chat. Not an issue now, of course.

For me, if I have a PM history for the DAY and I refresh, or leave and come back later the daily PM history will still be there. Not sure why (or if done intentionally) they did it this way. :(

For me, if I have a PM history for the DAY and I refresh, or leave and come back later the daily PM history will still be there. Not sure why (or if done intentionally) they did it this way. :(

CB recently upgraded their PM feature so it preserves the chat history for a day. That is really nice.

Reactions: -xoxo-
Status
Not open for further replies.