AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB banned my account for "broadcasting in a public place" - but i was on private property I

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2021
I was banned on July 6th, for broadcasting in "public".. except i was on privately-owned property, and there was absolutely nobody around, for miles. They didn't cut my broadcast with a warning, they just flat out banned me.

I have good reason to believe a certain person used the "account abuse" report feature on me, because they told me "i can make things really bad for you" earlier that morning. anyway, that's beside the point.

I wrote to support, and 32 hours later i have nothing but the initial zendesk auto-response. i'm so worried they'll leave me banned.. and this is way more important to me than tokens, (though i had some tips from the day before in there). That account represents a HUGE part of my social life, and relationships that mean more to me than anything in the world right now. i wont go into detail, but a lot of bad things have happened in the last year and half, including job loss related to coronavirus lockdowns, - as so many others have also experienced - but above and beyond that, i lost my only parent, and my closest friend moved far away.. and more.. . It was a surprise to me, but CB has helped me in so many ways.. i have made some true friends there, and overcome many personal issues that i thought i would never get over.

a good number of these relationships i can retain, as we have exchanged other means of communication. but many others, i never got around to talking about exchanging email addresses or numbers, because we were both on every day, and it was not really necessary. I am usually always a dark purple account, occasionally turning light... so i did not know, until now, that many of these friends have rules that prevent greys from chatting at all. (some of them i know for sure used to allow, but must have recently added the rule).. so i made a new account, entered their room to tell them why i'm not online, and found i couldn't communicate at all. :'(

anyway, sorry for the length of the post. i tend to go into too much detail.

TL:DR - i got banned for broadcasting in public (but it was private property and not a single person was there, so i was the only one on cam). I'm hoping someone can speak from experience as to whether support will eventually help me, or not.. suspense is killing me. Also, if anyone happened to know of steps i can take, or persons i can communicate with to fix this, I'd be so grateful for a nudge in the right direction. Love and Hugs to you all.. i love this community

Is that some sort of a rule on CB? I'd love a representative response to understand that. Is it allowed to have your animal on camera and to broadcast on street, say, even if there are no unregistered people in the cam zone? Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hey there! Please provide your username or ticket number so that I may pass it along to Support.
oh oops! sorry .. username is snarfle, and i accidentally submitted one ticket from the wrong email address, so the correct ticket number is 17821338. thank you so much for your help and even for simply replying! I appreciate it very much.

Upvote 0
Is that some sort of a rule on CB? I'd love a representative response to understand that. Is it allowed to have your animal on camera and to broadcast on street, say, even if there are no unregistered people in the cam zone? Thanks.
I'm not a representative, but i've become intimately familiar with the TOS and appendix C (which contains this rule) after this ban, and can tell you that it would not be ok to broadcast on the street, based on the way it is written. that being said, before being aware of this rule, i had done short broadcasts where i went to the corner store, "bringing my guests with me" to do something different. being careful to never have any other humans in the frame, and i never even got a warning. this time i was outdoors, in an area full of trees (family friend's forested property) nowhere near people, or anything related to people (vehicles, or other items), yet was banned for public broadcasting .. the liability issue they are trying to avoid is having other people appear in your broadcast, without their consent, exposing CB to lawsuits. (it happened before, when models broadcast from university libraries).

the difference between the times i went to the store on cam, and my broadcast from the forest, I believe is that someone reported it as account abuse this time.. I'm also fairly sure i know who it is, since they threatened to "make things really hard for me" that morning lol.... ( through this ordeal, I'm also learning that i need to trust my intuition more often - i had weird alarm bells going off about this person, a feeling of "something isn't right with them.. don't get involved" but because they seemed nice enough, and there wasn't any logical reason to abstain from getting closer to them in chat, i shoved intuition aside, and made a new "friend")

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh oops! sorry .. username is snarfle, and i accidentally submitted one ticket from the wrong email address, so the correct ticket number is 17821338. thank you so much for your help and even for simply replying! I appreciate it very much.
@punker barbie , thank you again.. appreciate it. (didn't want this reply to miss being seen due to my reply to the other forum member)

Upvote 0
Why on earth would you even risk it? People that broadcast outside and with the risk of unregistered living creators possibly appearing on cam have it coming. How hard is it to lock yourself out from the outside world in your own cosy room and studio to avoid permanent bans?

Seeing so many bans lately i'm surprised even vetted CB accounts risk a ban for the sole purpose of the above..

Upvote 0
Why on earth would you even risk it? People that broadcast outside and with the risk of unregistered living creators possibly appearing on cam have it coming. How hard is it to lock yourself out from the outside world in your own cosy room and studio to avoid permanent bans?

Seeing so many bans lately i'm surprised even vetted CB accounts risk a ban for the sole purpose of the above..
well yes.. that's now how i feel about it.. and, in my case, i honestly didn't know there was that rule, until the ban hit me.. I was aware of not being allowed to have any other humans on cam, that aren't age verified etc.. (because i used an anime character overlay a couple times, and they saw it as "another person on my camera, who was not registered to cam with me"), so i thought a secluded , privately owned forested area would be fine, since there was no risk of anyone else accidentally wandering into frame, and becoming an instant CB celebrity against their will.. ;)

Upvote 0
If you think the same woman that started the website, is still in charge and going crazy paying attention to thousands of live video streams at the same time, you live on another planet, they outsource that stuff to India, it’s a big cluster, and most of the time they get it wrong and ban people for no reason etc. etc.

Upvote 0
If you think the same woman that started the website, is still in charge and going crazy paying attention to thousands of live video streams at the same time, you live on another planet, they outsource that stuff to India, it’s a big cluster, and most of the time they get it wrong and ban people for no reason etc. etc.
ummm who ever said they believed that?? i sure as fuck don't .. a site the size of chaturbate??? they're using zendesk and probably have a fairly large support staff outsourced. however, i believe they are also relying on automated methods of detection, and that is also where issues occur.. i have no proof, but it seems like there are detection algorithms at play as well. and sometimes they're tweaked and cause lots of issues. recently ive had this happen MANY times : I'm sitting in front of the cam.. not afk. not motionless, but interacting with someone, or typing, or whatever, and i get kicked to the "it appears that nobody is on camera" (or however they phrase it) page, and stream is cut off.. I dont know if its automation gone crazy, or drunk outsourced tech support staff, but it is weird.

Upvote 0
Hey there! Please provide your username or ticket number so that I may pass it along to Support.

I accidentally created two tickets, because i initially emailed them from a different email address than what is associated with my account.. i realized my mistake and sent the request again, with the right address.

they replied to the first ticket, pointing out that it was from the wrong email address, and asking me to reply from the right address, for security reasons.

So i did that.. i sent a reply from the correct address, and told them about the ticket i had already generated in the mean time.

havent heard back since then. do you think i should just stay with the ticket they replied to? like maybe they discarded the second ticket, since it was duplicate? if that's true, then i gave you the worng ticket number.

here is the ticket that was actually replied to : 17818933 ..... account: snarfle thanks @punker barbie

Upvote 0
Weird @punker barbie , they did indeed wirite back, and said it would be a warning this time.. but my account is still banned. do i open a new ticket about it, or continue dialog on the same ticket? thanks!

Upvote 0
yeah.. so now it's been roughly 34 or 35 hours since support did reply to me (thank you @punker barbie for doing your magic!) and said this would be a warning, and not to broadcast outdoors again, without first getting permission from CB..

However, i still can't access my account. logging in simply brings me to the "account banned" message. any advice on how to proceed? do you think someone forgot to remove the ban, or maybe the technician who answered me did not realize i'm banned , and was thinking im' just complaining about one of those disconnects that happens when you're perceived as having violated TOS, and you simply have to acknowledge their message, and can stream again?

i know you get a lot of requests, and i don't want to hammer you with more.. but i'm at a loss as to how to proceed. i already replied to the CB support thread in my inbox, letting them know that i still cannot access my account, and didn't hear back (again).. thanks for any advice! :inlove:

Upvote 0

Lol. Rude much? And you changed your name from 'Your_fat_whore' to 'Relievin_Steven'? Okey dokey.

Upvote 0
Reactions: melanieoncam
Upvote 0
I'll tell you a secret - it was one of my top 3, along with my little pony, and Transformers. I was worried my brother or some family friend might see that.. then i thought "if they see I'm on a camming support forum, their narrow-minded gender-role mindset will be the least of my concerns.. haha..

I had to wait 'til I was back on my computer to give your post the heart reaction (instead of a regular 'like'). It won't let me hover ACF posts from my cell phone to give heart reactions. ❤️

Britta Phillips (the singing voice of Jem...Samantha Newark is the speaking voice of Jem) still sounds like an angel when she sings.

I should change my phone's ringtone to the Jem theme song. Right now it's this creepy ringtone of Jigsaw (from the SAW movies) telling me "Greetings. I want to play a game. You have 30 seconds to answer your cell phone." :giggle:

Reactions: melanieoncam
Upvote 0
seeing how many models CB has online all the time and how they quite heavily dominate many other webcam sites out there, one would think they'd invest some budget to improve their support.. seriously..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.