AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB Brand new and struggling with Private/Hidden shows

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2019
Hello,

I ma brand new to camming, literally only been live 3 days, i have about 2k followers and i wanted to try out the multi goal app on CB, but i am unsure of how Hidden shows actually work? People have also asked for private as well but i am also unsure of how that works exactly and dont want to get scammed or anything, other than that i am loving camming so far and cannot wait to keep going! How do you guys handle Private/Hidden shows?

I just like to make sure i understand everything 100% before i do it live. ^^

A Hidden show simply: You turn it on and then members tip XX amount (XX being whatever you set to) in order to "unhide" the cam. If they tip the amount and can not see, then tell them to refresh the page as sometimes they may have to. Basically, if you turn this app on, all a user will see is a black screen for your video, with the writing of "Cam hidden - tip XX to unhide".

Private Show: The number 1 thing here is don't let someone try get you to do something you are not confident to do. Even if it could be classed as something small. A small demand out of your comfort zone today, could easily lead them/others to try get you to do more stuff. Try discuss what the guys want in a private show BEFORE they start, ask what they want (dont let them ask YOU - a lot of guys say "what do you do in pvt?" - that list can be very long for models so it's stupid responding too. if they do ask you, simply respond with "it depends.. what are you looking for and then I can tel you yes or no").
Some models will also charge extra for specific things done in private shows: for example if you don't mind doing anal but aren't overly fond, you may have the private show price at XX per minute but then ask for an additional fee of 100 tokens (just an example) to include anal in the show. This same thing can be applied to many things.

Password show: I would personally suggest NOT doing a password show. OR if you do, make sure you charge MORE than a private show would cost per minute because 1) You lose all other members from your room and may not get them back (definitely don't do password shows if you have a lot of viewers) and 2) People can not spy on the show so you are potentially losing out on further money there.

Lastly a great rule to go by is: if something sounds too good to be true, then it possibly is.
Remember that a grey account has no tokens. And also remember you can use the Gear Icon (right of Private Messages) to sort users in order of highest to lowest of token count, so you know if guys are wasting your time in a PM talking about private etc).

hi!! sorry i got caught up in work and everything and forgot to respond. Thank you for the tips, i think i will consider doing a day out of the week specific to PVT shows then, as i keep getting asked to do them but havn't worked up the courage to so to speak. i'll make sure they tell me what they want as well! Thank you for the help ^^

hi!! sorry i got caught up in work and everything and forgot to respond. Thank you for the tips, i think i will consider doing a day out of the week specific to PVT shows then, as i keep getting asked to do them but havn't worked up the courage to so to speak. i'll make sure they tell me what they want as well! Thank you for the help ^^

I would suggest putting a minimum amount of time on the pvt too, for people to start. Just so it doesn't waste your time.

I love private shows because they're easier than entertaining a full crowd and are good money, but I always found it weird and not right to do them in public shows. When you get a lot more followers there will also I'm sure be at least one guy in the group who wants a private show, so you could technically do them all the time BUT remember that people come online to see YOU and may have 400 tokens to tip but that may not get them a private show... so what I do is have on my bio to email me to set one up. It doesn't happen that often anymore but sometimes it does and this way I do offline shows. Also some girls have an entry fee (1444 tokens for example) that someone has to tip and THEN they do a private show @ 60 or 90 tks/min or whatever your rate is. This way its an additional fee so its worth your time. But some girls do private shows when a room is slow, too.. but then after for me at least the room is really hard to fill up again. Food for thought :)

Reactions: lola_dolla
i think i will consider doing a day out of the week specific to PVT shows then, as i keep getting asked to do them
Also keep in mind that out of all the guys that ask about privates likely fewer than 10% will actually follow through and take you private. The "pm for pvt" guys are likely closer to 0%.

Status
Not open for further replies.