AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB Hashtags Sorted by Viewer Count or Room Count?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
CB has a list of its active hashtags here. Does anyone know of a place where this list is pre-sorted by descending viewer count or room count?

There are almost 20 pages of tags now, and I am noticing that near the end of the pages most of the tags have single viewers or rooms. So there is already some kind of pre-sort logic being applied here. Maybe the current sort order represents an average popularity over time, with the actual statistic used for the sorting not being exposed? Does anyone know what logic they are using for the current order of tags?

hashtags change often so I just look at them from time to time and try to use the more popular ones at that moment

hashtags change often so I just look at them from time to time and try to use the more popular ones at that moment

So one of the things I was trying to understand in the original question is how do you determine the most popular tags at the moment? The popular tag page on CB does not actually tell you what the criteria for the sort order is.

Sometimes I look at hashtag popularity vs how many rooms are using it and pick the ones that I feel into or apply to me well enough that have the highest ratio in my favor. But idk how much people even search by hashtags?

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
As a viewer I search pretty regularly by hashtags when my regular models arn't online and I'm looking for something to watch. Unfortunately, many models just use whatever they think is popular, so often it doesn't accurately describe their stream. It's always amusing to see someone listed as being, skinny, bbw, pregnant, and petite all to describe the same person.

Sometimes I look at hashtag popularity vs how many rooms are using it and pick the ones that I feel into or apply to me well enough that have the highest ratio in my favor. But idk how much people even search by hashtags?

Yes, I am doing the same calculation on viewers per room. I feel like your instincts are on target, because that calculated statistic represents people who might have thought highly enough of their search that they stuck around in the room. But to really get that statistic for 10 to 20 pages of search results and sort by it requires me to write some software. I was kind of hoping that someone already had that.

And I am still not clear on how CB is sorting the hashtag search result. It is not on the viewers/room. Is it on the sheer number of searches done using that hashtag, in the last N hours/minutes?

But idk how much people even search by hashtags?

Personally I do. I found my favourites on cb searching by tags and same happened on another camsite. Ofc this is just my personal experience but I feel like, as a member, filtering/searching models by tags is a real time saver because, let's be real, it's not like you have hours and hours to spend searching/scanning through hundreds of rooms until you find what you like. Tags are also useful because you immediately get the idea of what the model likes, what she is willing to do and even how she looks like. So, as a member, I don't have to ask stupid questions bothering models.

Also, If I remember correctly, both of them weren't on the first pages of the site and didn't have many members in their chat, so I believe it's safe to say that hadn't I used those tags, I would have never found them.

I've also noticed that top models on cb use tags as well, maybe non as many tags as the less popular ones. But that makes sense because everybody already knows them so you don't have to search anything in order to find them.

Last edited:
Reactions: xoxAprilJames
Does anyone know what is the maximum number of hashtags that CB will index for you? I noticed that you can enter a lot more text into the title of a room than will appear to the room. If you hover over the title you see the additional text in a balloon. Would CB index a larger number of hashtags beyond what would fit into the visible part of the title?

Status
Not open for further replies.