AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB Have Updated the "hover click" for names

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
So when you click a username in the room now it shows these
It does the same for the Broadcaster's name, Moderator and Fanclub Members
Instead of it saying things likes "Tipped Recently / Tons / Lots / Bought Tokens" it says "Broadcaster / Moderator / Fanclub Member"

Ignore the names, they were random people I clicked to show this new update.
Not sure if there is anything new from the broadcaster/mod side though. Let us know if there is?

lightblue.pngdarkblue.pnglightpurple.pngdarkpurple.png

Edit:
Just to mention, the Dark Blue one also has "Report this message" that's because I clicked his name in the public chat, the other's I grabbed their screenshots from the user list, where there is no report option.
I was viewing as a fan member in this room.

In my broadcaster page, it displays as the old UI, so not sure if this displays like this for your models or not? If you can, let us know

Just to say, I think they need to reword the Light Blue one's description from "Has bought tokens" to something more like "Bought tokens at least once". Not sure how to word it so it can imply that they have bought tokens at least once in their lifetime, not necessarily they have just bought tokens and are holding onto some.

Maybe they could do something like other places and introduce points so it's every XX £/$/tokens spent, they get a point, so then you can see who the light blues are that have only bought once and never again.
But I hope if they would do this, it "backdates" from what you have spent since first purchasing.

Upvote 0
I'm still confused about the user colours on CB. They seem excessively complicated for a guy who spent 90% of his time on StripChat. There are basically two user colours on SC ("have tokens now" or "had tokens at one point"), plus a user's "Gold score" that indicates how many tokens they have spent historically. Not sure if aynone but the user can see the gold score though.

Upvote 0
I'm still confused about the user colours on CB. They seem excessively complicated for a guy who spent 90% of his time on StripChat. There are basically two user colours on SC ("have tokens now" or "had tokens at one point"), plus a user's "Gold score" that indicates how many tokens they have spent historically. Not sure if aynone but the user can see the gold score though.

Models see your score on Stripchat.

CB is easy but I do think, in comparison to most it's overly complicated but I can understand why they want to show the "bigger" spenders for models.
On Stripchat you can also see how MANY tokens the user has unless the user hides it in his profile settings.

Upvote 0
Models see your score on Stripchat.

I suspected as much, but they keep telling me they can't see it 😌

CB is easy but I do think, in comparison to most it's overly complicated but I can understand why they want to show the "bigger" spenders for models.
On Stripchat you can also see how MANY tokens the user has unless the user hides it in his profile settings.
Yup, I have hidden mine. Having your tokens hanging out can make for some weird room arrivals (and exits too, for that matter).

Upvote 0
I suspected as much, but they keep telling me they can't see it 😌

Yup, I have hidden mine. Having your tokens hanging out can make for some weird room arrivals (and exits too, for that matter).

They definitely can.
I know a model who is on CB for about 5 years and she has now gone to StripChat. She asked me how to Knight someone, and I explained, she said she couldn't find it, so I asked her to hover my name and photo it for me, and I will show her.. So she did, and it says :

[icon here] Tokens balance is hidden by user
[star icon] XX gold points
< send Pm> <Friends> [mute] [block]

Upvote 0
Okay, so maybe they can't see it because they don't know how.
I remember a StripChat model telling me in PM that a particular user in the room had a gold score of over 100,000 (!!) I never asked how she knew this, and other models had no idea what I was talking about. Does not matter ayway since it's a pretty useless number in and of itself. I was just a bit curious.

Upvote 0
Okay, so maybe they can't see it because they don't know how.
I remember a StripChat model telling me in PM that a particular user in the room had a gold score of over 100,000 (!!) I never asked how she knew this, and other models had no idea what I was talking about. Does not matter ayway since it's a pretty useless number in and of itself. I was just a bit curious.

1 Gold Points = 10 tokens spent (tipping or private show):

Upvote 0
So when you click a username in the room now it shows these
It does the same for the Broadcaster's name, Moderator and Fanclub Members
Instead of it saying things likes "Tipped Recently / Tons / Lots / Bought Tokens" it says "Broadcaster / Moderator / Fanclub Member"

Ignore the names, they were random people I clicked to show this new update.
Not sure if there is anything new from the broadcaster/mod side though. Let us know if there is?

View attachment 84623View attachment 84621View attachment 84624View attachment 84622

Edit:
Just to mention, the Dark Blue one also has "Report this message" that's because I clicked his name in the public chat, the other's I grabbed their screenshots from the user list, where there is no report option.
I was viewing as a fan member in this room.

In my broadcaster page, it displays as the old UI, so not sure if this displays like this for your models or not? If you can, let us know

I saw this today too. The annoying thing is that it no longer shows a thumbnail if the user is broadcasting. Often other broadcasters visit busy rooms to 'poach' viewers, without the ability to see if they are broadcasting it makes it harder (either as a mod or broadcaster) to see if they are poaching or commenting genuinely.

The decision to put a description of how many tokens the user has spent is interesting; if I change my colour 'down' to light blue it says that I have 'Purchased Tokens' - I am, in actual fact, dark purple, so this description is pointless and I wonder at who it is aimed? Most broadcasters, after their first few hours, understand the meaning of the user's colour.

Upvote 0
The annoying thing is that it no longer shows a thumbnail if the user is broadcasting
This didn't change for broadcaster, the model still can see if a user is broadcasting
I couldn't test as a mod yet, but if needed just switch to legacy version of the site

Upvote 0
Not 100 percent thrilled with the “Tipped Tons” label in bold font, even if that’s basically what the dark purple color means.

Upvote 0
@Brett M
I did a test and switched between the four colors with my user name.

The entire being able to see what a users tipping status is in x-timeframe is pointless since you can still hide your 'tipping tier' to a lower color. What others see is what it has been all along based on color status. CB just made it more 'fancy' when clicking on a users name.
I'm always dark blue ;)

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.