AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB needs a feature to sort out rooms that dont allow prvt recordings

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2020
im tired having to negotiate prvt recordings to the point where i dont even wanna go into rooms that dont have them enabled.
you can filter for anything else by now, why not prvt recordings?
also cb is so unstable, i would never do a prvt without it again.

thats the point of such a filter, to find them faster.
idk why, but some models who have it disabled can get really bitchy if u ask them about enabling it. (and no, im not pushy or rude)
its tiresome.

Upvote 0
I hear what you're saying but to me receiving a recording ought to have been an add-on to begin with, meaning it never should have been made something to simply enable or disable. There should have been an added fee attached from the outset. Not all sites offer recordings anyway do they? Offhand I don't think stripchat does. But again I get your point about making it a filter.

Upvote 0
Not all sites offer recordings anyway do they? Offhand I don't think stripchat does.
Models on StripChat can enable or disable recordings of privates.

I personally couldn't care less about privates being recorded or not, but that's probably just me. It has no bearing on whether I take a model for a private show or not.

Upvote 0
I dont alow recording, just my decidion, if the option is not there means i dont do it, why someone need to try to negociate for this, if its obviosly i dont do it,, ill get bitchy too if someone will try to push to do what i dont agree with . Yes, they should put a filter for you , i understand , you are losing your hardon while negociating for recording option, and if she get bitchy also will be completly dead :p):cigar:

Upvote 0
idk why, but some models who have it disabled can get really bitchy if u ask them about enabling it. (and no, im not pushy or rude)
The more sane angle on it would be to simply ask her if she has recording enabled or not. iIf she don't, say thank you and okay and move on. Since it's enabled by default on e.g. CB, disabling it is likely a conscient decision on her part.

Upvote 0
I personally couldn't care less about privates being recorded or not, but that's probably just me. It has no bearing on whether I take a model for a private show or not.

its very rare that i spent less than 2k tks per prvt, often rather 3-4k, and thats a lot of money to jack off once :rofl:.
and i guarantee you 95% of users record anyway via software, so its a bit silly to disable it. i would too, but my hdds tend to break and im too lazy to do backups, so im willing to pay extra for it to have it stored online. lol.

also cb tends to lag like hell on my end at times, if that happens during prvt i end up spending tokens for nothing. recordings are often fine after a laggy session.

• Funny!
Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
its very rare that i spent less than 2k tks per prvt, often rather 3-4k, and thats a lot of money to jack off once :rofl:.
and i guarantee you 95% of users record anyway via software, so its a bit silly to disable it. i would too, but my hdds tend to break and im too lazy to do backups, so im willing to pay extra for it to have it stored online. lol
exactly thats why girls disable it , not to not be recorded, they record anyway . Just for the chance if the guy like the private he will return for more pvts, he just not go to bed and watch the video saved and wank at this for free rest of the month :)

Reactions: justsomeuser
Upvote 0
The more sane angle on it would be to simply ask her if she has recording enabled or not. iIf she don't, say thank you and okay and move on. Since it's enabled by default on e.g. CB, disabling it is likely a conscient decision on her part.
a lot of girls disable it so they can charge extra for enabling it. you never know what their attitude about recordings is until you ask or they have the info in their profile.
its always an experience i tell you lmao

Upvote 0
exactly thats why girls disable it , not to not be recorded, they record anyway . Just for the chance if the guy like the private he will return for more pvts, he just not go to bed and watch the video saved and wank at this for free rest of the month :)
does that make sense if he records anyway? not sure if i got you there.

Upvote 0
Tbh, I think the entire CB sort needs a workover. There are a LOT more customizable options that I'd love to see at some point. For instance, an 'advanced search' option that would bring things like...
  • sorting by more than one tag enabled at a time
  • Clicking a sort option at the bottom of the page that doesn't wipe out the tags. Currently if you click something like "18 to 21 cams" with a tag like "#bigboobs" or whatever selected, it wipes out "#bigboobs".
  • Listing the new private show rate (e.g. 42 tkns / min) in the bottom CB page options. It seems like this part was never updated.
  • Additional filters other than just location (for instance, language). Speaking of which, I wish there was an option for levels of proficiency in a language. There is a difference between pure Google-Translate of a language, some fluency, and full fluency that can greatly affect the experience in the room. Even if it's a 'self-rate' for a language that could be flawed, it'd be better than what it is now.
  • being able to go into the 'spy' tab and still being able to split by gender still. No offense to the non-female models, but they just aren't something I want to see personally when looking through rooms.
  • Another cool thing would be if there was an optional category for 'interests' a model could put in their bio, and a user input their own interest(s) in a filter and filter out rooms accordingly.
Recording enabled / disabled is one of those things too that'd be nice to have. That being said, I think most rooms have it on since it's defaulted like that, so I would tend to place a filter on that at a little lower priority personally. I can def understand the gripe though.

Ultimately though, I feel like improving the search filters would do two things: 1.) Help members find the type of model they're looking for more efficiently, and 2.) Help models who aren't necessarily top page or two find members for their room. It helps everyone, apart from the very top models (but I don't think they need more viewers, after all). From the female tab alone right now without filters, there are 46 pages. It's unlikely someone stuck in the middle will find people easily by random searchers. I call it 'low-room limbo'-- it's enough viewers in a room to kick you out of the very end pages (another place where someone will look), not enough viewers to be in the top few pages, and hardly enough viewers/tippers often to make a good income.

I question sometimes how many viewers are in the top 10 to 50 rooms just because they're the most visible rather than them being the rooms they'd really want to see. Right now the CB cam sort REALLY hurts the rooms that didn't shoot off during their 'NEW' tag week or two.

Upvote 0
  • Clicking a sort option at the bottom of the page that doesn't wipe out the tags. Currently if you click something like "18 to 21 cams" with a tag like "#bigboobs" or whatever selected, it wipes out "#bigboobs".
  • Listing the new private show rate (e.g. 42 tkns / min) in the bottom CB page options.
  • being able to go into the 'spy' tab and still being able to split by gender still. No offense to the non-female models, but they just aren't something I want to see personally when looking through rooms
those are high on my list also.

Upvote 0
does that make sense if he records anyway? not sure if i got you there.
I had a lot of guys (telling me they have no ideea how to record .. guess some do it ... second quality of recording might be better on the site , and 3 some of them dont record to save in in computer i guess, wifes can find everything if they want lol better open the site and watch it there ? :))

Reactions: justsomeuser
Upvote 0
thing i dont like about having record on. is it's on there profile so they can show others easier well.... i think at least... also if they have a video why would they come back for another pvt show? i just uncomfortable with the idea

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
im tired having to negotiate prvt recordings to the point where i dont even wanna go into rooms that dont have them enabled.
you can filter for anything else by now, why not prvt recordings?
also cb is so unstable, i would never do a prvt without it again.

**screenshot** sometimes models ask me for advice and thats one of the things I tell them to do, enable recordings. They try to charge extra for recordings assuming that everyone that wants a recording is going to contact them and discuss it but thats not how people on CB work, they just pick another room after they click to check price and if recordings are enabled or not.

Upvote 0
thing i dont like about having record on. is it's on there profile so they can show others easier well.... i think at least... also if they have a video why would they come back for another pvt show? i just uncomfortable with the idea
chances are high you get recorded anyway. with recordings enabled its more convinient for the user, he gets the best quality possible and its stored in his collection. and you can charge more. win/win, if you ask me.

Upvote 0
I agree in general that with such a large number of models, CB would benefit from an expanded, easy way to sort and search. Frankly, a lot of great models get lost in the shuffle and it’s mostly because people just don’t find them.

That’s not great for customers or CB, and it can be really bad for the model, especially if they drawn the wrong conclusion and start doubting themselves when it’s not really their fault that members can’t find them.

For me, my recorded private show “collection” on CB has the opposite affect. It reminds/motivates me to keep visiting that model. I re-watch the shows occasionally, but never if the model is online. I always prefer a live show with interaction. But having those models in my recordings is a constant reminder that these are the rooms I enjoy the most (more so than my list of followed models, because it’s a much smaller group). And, again, I come to CB for the interaction. My recordings are my last resort, really (favorite models are not online and I didn’t see anything interesting while browsing different rooms).

But I get why some models don’t want to do it, and that’s totally fine.

Upvote 0
chances are high you get recorded anyway.
Maybe so, but that's a poor argument to bring up. You make it sound like the models' business decisions are up to us users. Let them run their shop however they see fit, and take your patronage elsewhere if something's not to your liking.

But otherwiser I agree with you and others here on CB having absolutely crap search and sort features.

Upvote 0
To piggyback on this, I personally would like a quicker way to check a specific model’s private price & recording policy.

Right now, I have to enter the room while logged in, click the “Request Private Show” link, read it, and then back out of it (to either proceed to discuss a show with the model, or to leave the room).

Even just having that stuff listed in the bio would save me several clicks. It’s arguably more valuable information than whether a model smokes and drinks. :)

Upvote 0
To piggyback on this, I personally would like a quicker way to check a specific model’s private price & recording policy.

Right now, I have to enter the room while logged in, click the “Request Private Show” link, read it, and then back out of it (to either proceed to discuss a show with the model, or to leave the room).

Even just having that stuff listed in the bio would save me several clicks. It’s arguably more valuable information than whether a model smokes and drinks. :)
yes, thats something i want as well. that way you can sneak in in incognito mode, check the price for prvt, sneak out, without the risk of getting a pm by the broadcaster :rofl:

Upvote 0
yes, thats something i want as well. that way you can sneak in in incognito mode, check the price for prvt, sneak out, without the risk of getting a pm by the broadcaster :rofl:

That's one thing that's nice about StripChat - Invisible mode. Wish Cb had something similar. I know models don't much like it though.

Always thought that it would be good in both Cb and Strip to be able to hover the mouse over a room in the list and get a pop-out with more info like that.

You can filter the list by pvt rates.

Upvote 0

You don't even need to ask the model. Just click "start private" and it will say if it has a minimum + if a recording is included. Most times if the recording is disabled it's because the model doesn't do it, so then simply move to the next room if that's what you're after but I think doing this you miss out on a lot of amazing women and shows.

And, I too love the invisible mode on Stripchat, but I use/like it so I am not seen by moron users, who are also may be in other rooms you go to and they try to create trouble out of jealousy or whatever other stupid reasons (so many get jealous just because the model can have a good laugh with a user). So, personally, I wouldn't care if the MODEL can see me in invisible mode, just not the users. Although having both as an option would be great for me as a VIP/Ultimate user to switch between.

If you're wasting too much time for trying to get recordings, maybe try video sites instead such as ManyVid. I know it's not to your custom requests like a private show would be, but it's the next best thing.
And when you say you spend 2k+ in a private show, that sound great but not always. It depends if you're spending that on models who are only 6 tokens per minute. That's multiple hours, and you get a free video of it all? Videos are charged quite high and yours would be a custom one. SO you need to consider everything.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0

a browser userscript did this, but cb fiddles with the website so much it often stops working

Upvote 0

You don't have to log in to see what models charge in private or whether they allow recordings. Just go into "theater mode" and click on "private". A pop-up will appear with the information. If they allow a recording it will say beneath the price. If they don't, it will just show the price of the private.

That at least cuts one step out of the process. ;)

Upvote 0
You don't have to log in to see what models charge in private or whether they allow recordings. Just go into "theater mode" and click on "private". A pop-up will appear with the information. If they allow a recording it will say beneath the price. If they don't, it will just show the price of the private.

That at least cuts one step out of the process. ;)

Good to know, although I’m on the mobile version of CB most of the time... I assume this wouldn’t apply in that case.

Upvote 0
If you're wasting too much time for trying to get recordings, maybe try video sites instead such as ManyVid. I know it's not to your custom requests like a private show would be, but it's the next best thing.
And when you say you spend 2k+ in a private show, that sound great but not always. It depends if you're spending that on models who are only 6 tokens per minute. That's multiple hours, and you get a free video of it all? Videos are charged quite high and yours would be a custom one. SO you need to consider everything.
lol im not a douche, if its below 30/min i always tip extra during shows.

Upvote 0
I know its not quite what you guys are looking for but I added an info button to the cbhours model lists to pull data from one of the CB apis, I made sure it works on mobile if you hold your finger over the info button.
1612236857784.png

I plan to add the info button to the search pages and the multiview feature in the near future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.