AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB user question re CB's "options"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a CB/MFC horn dog for more years than I care to admit. Maybe AmberCutie's is not the best place to post my biggest, year's long, complaint with CB. But, since CB doesn't seem to have a true "support" department, maybe here is the place to post/ask....
What is up with CB's "Advanced Options" "Visible Regions" option? Doesn't work!
Nothing racist, expressed or implies, but when I "Chaturbate" I don't want to watch/listen to models from Europe (west or east), south America, Asia, or anywhere else in the world.
I want CB to apply my Opions/Regions appropriately! Alas, for years, CB never has.
Is my biggest CB bitch legit -- or should I just get over it?

I've been a CB/MFC horn dog for more years than I care to admit. Maybe AmberCutie's is not the best place to post my biggest, year's long, complaint with CB. But, since CB doesn't seem to have a true "support" department, maybe here is the place to post/ask....
What is up with CB's "Advanced Options" "Visible Regions" option? Doesn't work!
Nothing racist, expressed or implies, but when I "Chaturbate" I don't want to watch/listen to models from Europe (west or east), south America, Asia, or anywhere else in the world.
I want CB to apply my Opions/Regions appropriately! Alas, for years, CB never has.
Is my biggest CB bitch legit -- or should I just get over it?

Because not everyone (maybe the majority?) wants to only see a specific region, that is a preference no different than, say, feet, tits, a specific hair colour, etc
So, it's better and gives more fairness to ALL models if people can see ALL by default. It's a very very simple option to select (or rather unselect) those regions you wish not to see.

I have an explanation in my head of why it's unfair but I just can't put it into words - give me a break it's 2 am :p - so I will let someone else try to explain if they want.
I am unsure how MFC does it, so can't compare but I really do understand why CB have it this way.

Although, I wouldn't be opposed to it at least giving models from your region on the front/top of the list.

Upvote 0
It’s also not all that difficult for a model from one region to appear to be from another region, apparently. I use those filters and they work for the most part, but I still find the occasional broadcaster from somewhere I thought I had filtered out. Oh well. Doesn’t bother me too much, and it works well enough (in my case) that it helps.

Upvote 0
It’s also not all that difficult for a model from one region to appear to be from another region, apparently. I use those filters and they work for the most part, but I still find the occasional broadcaster from somewhere I thought I had filtered out. Oh well. Doesn’t bother me too much, and it works well enough (in my case) that it helps.

If they register using a VPN for Country X, then they will appear as that country in the filter.

Upvote 0
Determining where models are based on their current IP address is not exact science, and it is even less so within the US. Accurately geolocating people on the internet from their public IP address alone is only possible in certain crime shows, I'm afraid.

You can do a very simple test on https://www.whatismyip.com/ yourself to see where "the internet" think you are located. 9 out of 10 times it's not anywhere near your real location. This is likely the same information CB is using to determine the location of users and models. With VPN and various other cloud services (onion routing/TOR) thrown into the mix the location becomes 0% reliable.

Please note that law enforcement - if they need to - can and will contact internet providers to find out which customer had a particular address at a given time, but CB can't do this of course.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
yes, though we could think that CB could (internally) tag a model from the Id provided when they verify to broadcast,
and that's a luck that they actually don't seem to do it.

I personally don't care if this feature doesn't work well. On the contrary, it could be a way to discover a part of model's location even when they try hardly to protect their privacy.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
On the contrary, it could be a way to discover a part of model's location even when they try hardly to protect their privacy.
Yes indeed! I don't use these filtering options either, because I just don't care about the model's geographical location. They stay in my browser based on their own merits, not their postal code, and where else in the world would you get tips from half naked women on good trails to hike in countries you'd probably never visit?

I think you should get over it, @notambernotcutie 😉 Asian, Latin American and European models won't bite.

Upvote 0
Yes indeed! I don't use these filtering options either, because I just don't care about the model's geographical location. They stay in my browser based on their own merits, not their postal code, and where else in the world would you get tips from half naked women on good trails to hike in countries you'd probably never visit?

I think you should get over it, @notambernotcutie 😉 Asian, Latin American and European models won't bite.

I understand IP addresses and VPNs. Perhaps my complaint is not with CB but rather with numerous models. In their profiles way too many models list USA, New York, Texas, et al, as their location. Clearly they are no where near North America. I find that dishonest. If one lives in, say, Eastern Europe (and clearly doesn't speak a word of English) why would said model expressly state they live in "USA"?

I fully well know most models, regardless of their location, don't bite. Also, I'm fully aware some of the most beautiful ones live outside the US. I guess it's the dishonesty that bugs me more than anything.

Alas, I've dealt with my complaint/issue for years . :arghh: I'm trying my best to get over it! 😥

Upvote 0
I understand IP addresses and VPNs. Perhaps my complaint is not with CB but rather with numerous models. In their profiles way too many models list USA, New York, Texas, et al, as their location. Clearly they are no where near North America. I find that dishonest. If one lives in, say, Eastern Europe (and clearly doesn't speak a word of English) why would said model expressly state they live in "USA"?

I fully well know most models, regardless of their location, don't bite. Also, I'm fully aware some of the most beautiful ones live outside the US. I guess it's the dishonesty that bugs me more than anything.

Alas, I've dealt with my complaint/issue for years . :arghh: I'm trying my best to get over it! 😥

They have to do that, there are tons and tons of people like you that avoid models in other countries or models that don't speak english. The hope is that in the few seconds you actually visit their room you find them interesting enough to tolerate the fact that their english sucks or that they aren't in your location. The tactic works and that is why its done constantly. If a colombian asks me for advice and they write colombia as their location then the first thing I tell them is to change it to something else, usually something amusing.

Upvote 0
I guess it's the dishonesty that bugs me more than anything.
Listing a bs country in the CB bio is no more dishonest than listing a false name, wearing false eyelashes, makeup and a pushup bra in my opinion. It's their sales pitch and basic security by obscurity. It's an act and you are invited to come and see the show. That's basically it.

And if you actually go visit and hang around with a non-US model, maybe you'll learn something new. I know more about Romania and Colombia now than I would ever been bothered to find out for myself.

Upvote 0
They have to do that, there are tons and tons of people like you that avoid models in other countries or models that don't speak english. The hope is that in the few seconds you actually visit their room you find them interesting enough to tolerate the fact that their english sucks or that they aren't in your location. The tactic works and that is why its done constantly. If a colombian asks me for advice and they write colombia as their location then the first thing I tell them is to change it to something else, usually something amusing.
Listing a bs country in the CB bio is no more dishonest than listing a false name, wearing false eyelashes, makeup and a pushup bra in my opinion. It's their sales pitch and basic security by obscurity. It's an act and you are invited to come and see the show. That's basically it.

And if you actually go visit and hang around with a non-US model, maybe you'll learn something new. I know more about Romania and Colombia now than I would ever been bothered to find out for myself.

While I disagree with both of you, I thank you for your replies. - as well as those from others. I could argue the points to the Nth degree ... but I won't.

My experience, and your comments, have reinforced the adage: Believe everything, trust nothing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.