AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Certain MFC users claiming to help new models.. a scam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskieWelch

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Mar 5, 2013
California
friskiewelch.tumblr.com
Hey there! This is my first post. :thumbleft: (still awaiting model status on the forum).

Since I began camming a couple of weeks ago, there have been four or five MFC users (not models or webmasters) who say they will help me learn the ropes, and that they help a lot of models. But then they say I need to audition or send them something. One guy said he had a camming job I "would be perfect for" but couldn't give me specific info and wanted me to audition. This is a scam right? It seems like a skeez trying to get a free show. One of them even has a username similar to "MFC_Mgmt", but his profile shows as a regular customer profile. They pop up a lot and usually once they request something, or I get a funny feeling, I block them.. but am I wrong for that? Am I missing out on valuable advice because I'm too suspicious? Thanks so much for the feedback. :)

FriskieWelch said:
Hey there! This is my first post. :thumbleft: (still awaiting model status on the forum).

Since I began camming a couple of weeks ago, there have been four or five MFC users (not models or webmasters) who say they will help me learn the ropes, and that they help a lot of models. But then they say I need to audition or send them something. One guy said he had a camming job I "would be perfect for" but couldn't give me specific info and wanted me to audition. This is a scam right? It seems like a skeez trying to get a free show. One of them even has a username similar to "MFC_Mgmt", but his profile shows as a regular customer profile. They pop up a lot and usually once they request something, or I get a funny feeling, I block them.. but am I wrong for that? Am I missing out on valuable advice because I'm too suspicious? Thanks so much for the feedback. :)

They are all trying to scam you in some way, whether it is for free content or just to emotionally manipulate you. Your best bet is to get model status here and learn from the wonderful ladies of ACF. :thumbleft:

Also, since they're portraying themselves as MFC management, report them to support.

FriskieWelch said:

No, you are thinking very clearly. These types of scams pop up very often. The people offering the help will often ask for the girl to audition on skype or some other video messaging program. Also, in MFC's wiki, they say that they will not contact you via Skype or any other means. Yes, you are right, the person asking you to audition is just trying to get a free show. They do this to new girls all of the time. It isn't unusual, so cam girls are well aware of scams like these. You have your head and heart in the right place. Welcome to the forum and kudos to not falling for the scam.
Also, what Allison said. Report their account to MFC. MFC does not allow members to impersonate the admins in any way.

I almost didn't believe your thread title was serious, it seems so obviously a scam :)

I'd love to tell new models about what I've seen working and not working, but this is part reason to why I don't. Usually when I see someone offering their help, It's for their own benifit, and I don't want to end up being taken for one of them! :angry4:

tso said:
I'd love to tell new models about what I've seen working and not working, but this is part reason to why I don't. Usually when I see someone offering their help, It's for their own benifit, and I don't want to end up being taken for one of them! :angry4:

If you can afford to put your advice in a tip-note, it would probably make it easier for it to be accepted.

LadyLuna said:
tso said:

If you can afford to put your advice in a tip-note, it would probably make it easier for it to be accepted.

The only advice I ever put in a tip note is "Play some Skynyrd."

tso said:

Unless a model is doing something obviously dangerous or stupid, the best help a member can give her is a tip. Other than that, direct her to a place where experienced models can give her a hand :thumbleft: :think:

tso said:

Unless you have been tipping said model a fair amount/have been taking her private and are basically becoming a new regular friend then I would steer clear. Going up to a random stranger who's finding their feet in something and saying "yeah, you're doing that all wrong" is actually pretty upsetting.

Becoming a cam model can be extremely overwhelming the first time you do it. I personally hadn't even perved on anyone and had absolutely no idea what was going on. I was absolutely terrible at it! Not sure how my camscore never dropped, but I made most of my money off decent privates and had a new lovely regular who took me in long privates and showed me around mfc.

It's why the new model scams are so horrible, because when you start camming a lot of girls really don't know what's going on or what to expect. Then that they have all these guys deliberately praying on them is so bloody sick!

But... Isn't is your job as a model to research your future job/hobby? I mean, if a new girl gets scammed, I blame it completely on her. It is stupid to expect people will be friendly and honest everywhere especially in the sex industry. If you started working as a real estate agent you would just start without even learning you profession? I don't think so. The same applies for being a cam girl. I personally spent full month researching, reading this forum, perving and building up a plan before I started. Those girls who find mfc, sign up and turn on their cam and eventually get scammed didn't prepare enough and have nobody else to blame but themselves. It is a job like any other for many many of you here. So prior education should be a normal thing.

Reactions: ComicOzzie
EvePhoenix said:
But... Isn't is your job as a model to research your future job/hobby? I mean, if a new girl gets scammed, I blame it completely on her. It is stupid to expect people will be friendly and honest everywhere especially in the sex industry.

It would be great if all first-time models did research, though there is a LOT to read, and they probably wouldn't know where to even start. Some of the so-called 'How to be a cam girl' guides they find via Google search might not even be posted by REAL cam girls, and it's really just some dude trying to tell models how to do their job...lol. Some of these women probably do a 'work at home job' Google search, and one of the things that pop up might be that SexyJobs.com site. Pretty much all of the webcam jobs listed on there are studios...MyFreeCams studios, Streamate studios, etc. The woman reads that you can make "easy money" and can make x dollars per week. And some of those adult jobs even offer PayPal as a payment method. :woops:

If a new girl gets scammed, it's the scammer's fault, obviously. But yes, she should read up on this stuff, so she knows what to do/not do next time. Saying that you blame it "completely" on the model is basically letting the scammer off the hook, and saying "Stupid girl should've known better...it's not the guy's fault...he's just doing what he always does." LOL. The first time someone pulls an Amazon wish list scam where you wind up giving a free Skype show, that should be the one and only time it happens. Why? Because next time you're gonna wise up and NOT do the Skype show until that wish list item arrives at your door.

Please, don't change my words, I would never say, quote: "Stupid girl should've known better...it's not the guy's fault...he's just doing what he always does."
It is a scammer's fault he tries to scam me and for being a bad person. But it is my fault for getting scammed. This is just my opinion, I don't want to seem rude.
I am new here but in my 2 months of camming nobody scammed me for anything because I try to find out what's going on if it looks shady. I knew this thing about Skypes and Amazon and Paypal before I turned my cam on. And all I needed was some common sense and internet. It was really easy finding this forum btw, like in the second try.
I just wish that more girls would be smart and cautious, this way scammers would have very little chance to achieve anything.

Is it a good idea to be smart, do your research etc.. YES!

But what you're talking about here is victim blaming.

What do I mean by this?

You leave your car unlocked in a public parking lot with a laptop visable on the back seat. DUMBASS move. Maybe you just moved to this country, and you didn't know that car robberies are this common. You probably should have done your research first.

Does that make the fact that someone decided to break into your car, and take your things, YOUR FAULT? No. It's the burglar's fault. No one put a gun to his or her head and said "You take that laptop out of that car right now, or I'm going to shoot you!"

It is NOT the fault of the victim.
Ever.

It's a great idea to encourage that we arm ourselves with information! That we don't walk down dark alleys without a buddy, that we lock our cars and our homes, that we protect ourselves from scammers.

but the people who commit these crimes are the ones who are to blame. We should NOT be placing any blame on a person who happens to do something that might mean that they are a target for a rapist, burglar or scammer. When we do that, we legitimize the perpetrators.

An extreme example, but the principal applies:

I walk down a street in public in a bra and panties. I get raped or sexually assaulted. Is it my fault, because I was stupid enough to walk through a bad area dressed skimpily? I certainly hope no one here would say that it was. Smart thing to do? NOoooo...
my fault I got raped...?
Not a fucking chance.

EvePhoenix said:
But... Isn't is your job as a model to research your future job/hobby? I mean, if a new girl gets scammed, I blame it completely on her. It is stupid to expect people will be friendly and honest everywhere especially in the sex industry. If you started working as a real estate agent you would just start without even learning you profession? I don't think so. The same applies for being a cam girl. I personally spent full month researching, reading this forum, perving and building up a plan before I started. Those girls who find mfc, sign up and turn on their cam and eventually get scammed didn't prepare enough and have nobody else to blame but themselves. It is a job like any other for many many of you here. So prior education should be a normal thing.

When I started on mfc I wasn't even aware that members could try and scam me. I read the whole of the wiki, all the information that as far as I knew was available. I didn't go much further than that because I just signed up and started working. I had absolutely no idea that I could watch other models in guest mode either. As far as I knew it was the wiki, the page with mfc mail etc and the broadcaster page. When you start camming most girls aren't doing it to start a new job. For me I was trying it out, I had no idea what I was doing.
A better example would be going to an open day at a uni. You know vaguely what to expect, but the experience is still a little scary and sometimes intimidating and a lot to take in.
When I started mfc I thought it would be simple as a guy will take you private, you'll do a show. Between that I had no idea what would happen. Honestly I wasn't sure if it was all a scam or not until I got my first paycheque.

Not all camgirls start camming because they think about it seriously. I personally had absolutely no idea about webcamming. I was looking for a phone sex job. I needed the money, I couldn't find any phone sex jobs that paid much so I considered camming. I very almost signed up to a different company that'd pay a maximum of £15 an hour! and that'd be constantly in show! When I found myfreecams I couldn't quite believe it, so I signed up fairly quickly and started.
Now although I would have made a lot more money had I researched mfc I'm not completely naive and didn't ever come close to being scammed. The most I've ever really been scammed is giving an idiot too much attention for not enough tips.

Mfc also isn't always like how it is for new girls. I don't think anyone would bother trying to pull the crap they try and pull with new girls with an established model. Things like a member from germany telling me I'd make loads more money if I made videos, and how he has a professional studio and that he'd fly me out to germany to take videos. My thoughts were "erm... no? Why would I fly to germany to let a complete stranger record videos I don't want to make when if I ever wanted to I could get one of my professional photographer friends to do it?" at the time I just thought "well that's stupid" Now I think holy fuck! Chances are that guy I was talking to is a dangerous guy. Otherwise he wouldn't be asking questions like that and trying to get girls to ignore the risks. Before you become a camgirl you are less aware of risks. People knowing who you are and where you live just isn't that big a deal. I did pick up on camming fast and was always fairly aware of my own personal safety.

Although I do wish I'd done more research, or had known where to find it. I did read all the information mfc had made available. If I were a more naive person, or maybe simply more trusting then I too could maybe have done something like that.

It is incredibly unfair to turn around and say to someone "oh my god! you should have expected to be scammed" and saying it's their fault.
Every single job I have ever started first time I've not had a clue on how to do it. I've had to be taught along the way. Most jobs you do they account for this and help you at the start. Mfc it's like the guys set out to make it as difficult as humanly possible. Rather than just learning to swim, you're thrown in the deep end in shark infested waters. How would most girls know they need to do the amount of research that is needed? I mean I never even had a skype account, as far as I was concerned it was all on mfc and no one would want otherwise.

Isabella_deL said:
Unless you have been tipping said model a fair amount/have been taking her private and are basically becoming a new regular friend then I would steer clear. Going up to a random stranger who's finding their feet in something and saying "yeah, you're doing that all wrong" is actually pretty upsetting.

Nononono, I would never go the "you're doing it wrong" track, I was thinking more like "Hey! I've found out that *this and that* usually works pretty good"...

Reactions: LadyLuna
Miss_Lollipop said:
Is it a good idea to be smart, do your research etc.. YES!

But what you're talking about here is victim blaming.

What do I mean by this?

You leave your car unlocked in a public parking lot with a laptop visable on the back seat. DUMBASS move. Maybe you just moved to this country, and you didn't know that car robberies are this common. You probably should have done your research first.

Does that make the fact that someone decided to break into your car, and take your things, YOUR FAULT? No. It's the burglar's fault. No one put a gun to his or her head and said "You take that laptop out of that car right now, or I'm going to shoot you!"

It is NOT the fault of the victim.
Ever.

It's a great idea to encourage that we arm ourselves with information! That we don't walk down dark alleys without a buddy, that we lock our cars and our homes, that we protect ourselves from scammers.

but the people who commit these crimes are the ones who are to blame. We should NOT be placing any blame on a person who happens to do something that might mean that they are a target for a rapist, burglar or scammer. When we do that, we legitimize the perpetrators.

An extreme example, but the principal applies:

I walk down a street in public in a bra and panties. I get raped or sexually assaulted. Is it my fault, because I was stupid enough to walk through a bad area dressed skimpily? I certainly hope no one here would say that it was. Smart thing to do? NOoooo...
my fault I got raped...?
Not a fucking chance.

I am not going to quarrel here, I just told my opinion.
And I KNEW somebody would bring up the rape thing. IT IS NOT THE SAME. I am not comparing different stuff. I am talking about scamming on MFC, period. No car thefts (although in your example I would blame myself 100%), NO rapes. A victim of a rape is never to blame, ever. So let's just stop it here.

I am not going to quarrel here, I just told my opinion.
And I KNEW somebody would bring up the rape thing. IT IS NOT THE SAME. I am not comparing different stuff. I am talking about scamming on MFC, period. No car thefts (although in your example I would blame myself 100%), NO rapes. A victim of a rape is never to blame, ever. So let's just stop it here.

it makes me really sad to know that you'd blame yourself for someone breaking into your car. I didn't want to start a quarrel with you by any means. But if these forums were simply where people posted opinions and no one talked about them, we would all be pretty bored. This is a discussion, not a quarrel. I'm not taking anything you say personally, I just wanted to share my opinion on your opinions...what a forum is for, is it not? Sharing, discussing, talking... learning.

It's great to encourage people to be smart about things. Blaming helps no one.... it just crushes self esteem, confidence.. and is not constructive. I'd just maybe think "is blame helpful?"

of course rape is different. I used the examples to show that blame does not help. That even when someone does something a little stupid and niave.. blame should be on the person who has done the bad thing. IN this case, a scammer. But blame remains non-constructive... food for thought (not a quarrel!)

tso said:
Isabella_deL said:

Nononono, I would never go the "you're doing it wrong" track, I was thinking more like "Hey! I've found out that *this and that* usually works pretty good"...

In that situation it is usually extremely confusing. Like I said if you're tipping and actually helping her out then usually that brings you into the first stage of the friendship zone. Now I don't mean tipping 20 tokens, I mean tipping her over a hundred or taking her private. I charge 150 for my friendslist and personally if someone immediately made some suggestions they'd be straight off it again. But I'm not a new model. If you are on her friendslist then maybe get into a chat/conversation with her while she's offline, casually chat to her, if she has any worries/questions to you then maybe casually put it about the few things you've seen other models doing well that have been successful. Suggest she check out acf. Maybe get her to make a basic account and go on a perve mission with her.

You are male. Your mind works differently to a woman. A man says "hey I've found x out that works that is usually pretty good". A woman hears "hey you clearly don't know how to do your job and I know much better so I'm going to tell you what I want." if you're not tipping add: "and I don't ever intend on paying for it or actually helping you."

You may or may not intend it to sound that way, but you're a complete stranger, men are relatively transparent and a lot of men lie a lot and will try and manipulate women into doing what they like. You may be a stranger, but it's unlikely the woman is a stranger to that kind of behaviour.
In reality whether all you really want is to help, if you're not tipping then you shouldn't be allowed that satisfaction.

Helping someone makes you feel warm and fuzzy and gives you a sense of achievement and general place in the world. It makes you feel important and knowledgable and generally good. You also get attention whilst helping the model. Saying there is no selfless good deed is true. If you want that good feeling or the feeling of helping, then you should be tipping the model for that service. I know it sounds warped saying you should pay the model to allow you to help her, but it is how it works. You trying to help a model without tipping is kind of like the foot fetish guys saying girls should show their feet because it's a "non sexual body part".

Ok, deal, not a quarrel. :)
It's just I did have some experience with a mostly girl forum (cosmopolitan, yes I know... xD) and I know how quickly ladies understand something wrong. So after that I try not to participate in the forums too much because the reactions often make me sad when my content gets understood wrong or offensive when it was not meant like that.
Anyhow, I am looking at things from my point of view. I always blame myself if I deserve it and I would deserve it if I left my laptop in a car... You know, like I could prevent if if I was a little smarter. Let's hope that many new model find this forum like I did and learn about camming first.:)

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
EvePhoenix said:
It's just I did have some experience with a mostly girl forum (cosmopolitan, yes I know... xD) and I know how quickly ladies understand something wrong. So after that I try not to participate in the forums too much because the reactions often make me sad when my content gets understood wrong or offensive when it was not meant like that.
Anyhow, I am looking at things from my point of view. I always blame myself if I deserve it and I would deserve it if I left my laptop in a car... You know, like I could prevent if if I was a little smarter. Let's hope that many new model find this forum like I did and learn about camming first.:)

I can understand that. Every time I have to leave something expensive in the car I make sure it's covered up and not visible. If I didn't and it got stolen part of me would be chastising myself for being stupid enough to leave it visible and a temptation to thieves.

EvePhoenix said:

To be clear: If i left my laptop and came back and found it gone and car broken into i would kick myself. I would learn from it and be smarter next time.

I guess its the word 'blame' ... if i got on here and everyone said it was my fault that my car was broken into because of it, i'd be upset. Its still my car, and I have a right to not have it burgled even if i leave stuff in the open.

I'd be perfectly willing however to hear girls say "Im so sorry that happened lolli! It's really a smart thing to do to put a coat over a laptop so theives dont see it for next time"

Constructive advice to help learn things that will help prevent us becoming victims to scammers is awesome.

Piling blame on.... not so awesome.

I has said my piece :p
and no worries... I try not to get angry on these forums. :) I like learning, talking, discussing.. i dont like fighting/drama.

EvePhoenix said:
Please, don't change my words, I would never say, quote: "Stupid girl should've known better...it's not the guy's fault...he's just doing what he always does."
It is a scammer's fault he tries to scam me and for being a bad person. But it is my fault for getting scammed. This is just my opinion, I don't want to seem rude.

I wasn't changing your words. I was telling you what it implies when you say that "it's completely the model's fault." And whose fault it is shouldn't be the point. The point is that yes, models need to educate themselves so they're not getting fucked over and suckered into giving free shows and whatnot. And yes, you are right...they could really benefit from finding these kinds of forums, since cam model applications don't come with a 'Scams to beware of' manual. :)

Reactions: Nordling
Isabella_deL said:
You are male. Your mind works differently to a woman. A man says "hey I've found x out that works that is usually pretty good". A woman hears "hey you clearly don't know how to do your job and I know much better so I'm going to tell you what I want." if you're not tipping add: "and I don't ever intend on paying for it or actually helping you."

Just wondering... Why do you assume I'm a male? (=

Thanks for the input! I usually tip just to say hello when I'm in a new room, so that part shouldn't be a problem. (=

I've noticed that a lot of guys try to scam new models. One new model I gave advice in her chatroom to beware of scams and later that day she said she was scammed in PM's on MFC. I also try to tell them to be careful what information they give out, even in PM's. Every model gets what I would classify as "stalker questions" but most of the time when I tell a guy "don't ask stalker questions" it ends up with the guy saying "I'm not a stalker" which is entirely possible, but look how many people are in the chatroom.

Reactions: LadyLuna
tso said:
Isabella_deL said:

Just wondering... Why do you assume I'm a male? (=

Thanks for the input! I usually tip just to say hello when I'm in a new room, so that part shouldn't be a problem. (=
:) Was the assumption wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.