AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Changing CB Room Name

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Australia
Question for any models who have changed their username on Chaturbate:
Do followers of the old room name stay with you when your name changes, or do you lose them?
And (as I understand it) since you have to contact support to request the name change, are you able to promote your new name in the outgoing room so your regulars know about the upcoming change?

Question for any models who have changed their username on Chaturbate:
Do followers of the old room name stay with you when your name changes, or do you lose them?
And (as I understand it) since you have to contact support to request the name change, are you able to promote your new name in the outgoing room so your regulars know about the upcoming change?
You don't lose your followers its literally a name change, if they export their tip history and look at old tips they sent to your old name it will show the new name instead.

I don't know about that last bit, if you tell people the name in advance won't someone troll you and try to take it?

Reactions: rockin_rod
You don't lose your followers its literally a name change, if they export their tip history and look at old tips they sent to your old name it will show the new name instead.

I don't know about that last bit, if you tell people the name in advance won't someone troll you and try to take it?
Well I guess if the existing follower base moves with you, the need to promote the new room name in advance is not so necessary.
Second part of the Q, just thought it might help, because if viewers have many models in their follow list, they may not react to an online notification for a room name that they don't recognise.
Was told indirectly that the name change request can take days to process, and you can request it to start on a set date; so once confirmed, the name is reserved and nobody else can request it. Maybe that's not correct?

Was told indirectly that the name change request can take days to process, and you can request it to start on a set date; so once confirmed, the name is reserved and nobody else can request it. Maybe that's not correct?

As far as I know that was the old method where they transferred followers to another account, the newer method is just a name change and can be done fairly quickly after you submit whatever verification method they ask for.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Status
Not open for further replies.