AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Charging for PM's

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2021
Twitter Username
@TheIconicGirl2
Hi. I'm still relatively new to caming on MFC. Just wondering how much most of you charge for PM's and do you continue to constantly respond during your camming session? At what point do they have to pay again to keep your attention? Only because now I have built up a little bit of traffic in my room and I don't want to keep focusing on PM's, and of course I should make a little money for it as well. I also want to make sure that members are getting their money's worth as well. What is the proper etiquette in this case?

Reactions: plutoprincess69
(Note: I'm a member, not model. I'm also referencing both CB with MFC below, since AFAIK the token conversion is roughly the same...)
From what I have seen from the rooms I've been in...
-- In a very small room (i.e. less than 25 people) I've often found that the model tends to initiate the PMing honestly. The 'formal' PM cost I've seen for those is usually like 10 or 15 though.
-- In a room getting average 500 people (albeit with heavily fluctuation due to lots of pvts), the PM was set to 20 tkns. However, this seemed rather low, as the model was having to spend a lot of time jumping between PMs. During situations where the room would spike up to an occasional 2000, it appeared overwhelming.
-- In a room averaging a couple or a few thousand, the PM was set to 66 tkns I remember. As far as I could tell, she ended up PMing on occasion, but certainly didn't seem overwhelmed. Granted, her menu in general seemed quite high priced comparatively speaking.

The highest I've seen so far from my meager wandering here and there was MissAlice on MFC, which was 300 tkns for a friends list / PM. (As far as I know though, she is one of the more popular models on the site though and I would view her as an "OG Model" lol.)

Perspectives are going to differ greatly member to member, but from my standpoint with my own token budget, I find 10 to 20 tkns is an easy tip. 40 tkns would make me somewhat hesitant for a PM. 60 tokens would make me really question how much I want the PM, and I'd probably decide it as too much for what I'd be willing to pay. 100+ tokens, and the model would have to be more-or-less match my 'type' pretty much exactly for me to even consider it. For reference: I generally tip probably roughly 700-1250 tkns a day when the model I like is on.

When I first started, I would only allow PMs from friends, and there was no way to buy your way onto my friends list, so the only people I'd PM with were regulars that I liked and trusted. After a few months, I opened my PMs to everyone and still have them that way. It's actually gained me some wonderful regulars who are too shy to talk in the room chat, but like to chat with me through PM. For those regulars, I respond to most of what they say either out loud or through PM.

As for the random dudes who PM me, I respond out of boredom when the room is quiet, and I'll respond once or twice when things are busier and that's usually enough for me to tell who will tip and who's a waste of time. I often find that the guys who PM me when the room is busy say "hi" and then leave when they realize they won't be getting a lot of chat with me because I'm occupied with other things.

I guess this is my long, ramble-y way of saying that for me, having free PMs for everyone (and I'm not one to do stuff for free!) has been beneficial. I will likely end up moving back to the friends list only PMs if my room gets more popular in a few months/years, but for now, free PMs have gained me enough tokens from the guys who end up tipping that it's worth my time.

Just don't feel bad telling people that they need to tip you if they want to chat a lot, and stop responding to people who keep PMing you without tipping.

As a member, most models I’ve seen that charge for PMs ask anywhere from 5 to 20 tokens. And it doesn’t guarantee any length of conversation. Just an initial PM and a goodwill effort to respond to whatever the member wanted to say privately (as long as it’s not rude or abusive of course).

When I see a low price, I assume it’s more of a courtesy charge (as in “show me you value my time”) than a way to actually monetize chatting. So I guess it depends on your approach, and the type of PMers you usually get.

I charge 222tk for a permanent friend add/pm privileges (which does not mean I'll dirty talk back without tipping, but i will chat and such) but i also include my snapchat for that, so you can "pm" me everywhere. I keep it high because I don't do privates and prefer a busy public room to sitting and typing. I'd say it takes people a couple times in my room to make sure we vibe before they take the plunge and do a friend add, but I'm fine with that.

i don’t know everything, but i do know there are a LOT of freeloaders on cam sites. spending $20 one time for premium status does not a good tipper make. and although i love making friends, this is also my job. originally i tried leaving my PMs open for free & although i do think this allowed me to get a few more “random tips” from people like 5, 15 maybe some 35s it hardly ever paid off monetarily for the time they planned on taking from me. i try to focus as much as possible in main chat, especially if i have a lot of regulars there at once... but on slower nights i don’t mind hanging out in PMs more. but i don’t like to be taken advantage of either & even though every tip counts if you’re going to talk to me for an HOUR & tip me 25 cents it’s not really worth it for me especially because if i’m not responding right away they’d think they tipped 5 tokens so they should have all my attention or they’d leave lol. it’s seems to be very mooch-like to me. so i tried bumping it up to like 15 tokens for PM which i did get a lot more frequent buyers when it was that low, but this tended to get people who were also very demanding & then after they paid 15 tokens (like 75 cents for models) they wouldn’t tip all night. idk for me this isn’t sonic, i took time to get ready. i have fun countdowns, i invest in my cam room & not only do i care a lot about the job itself i care about my members & want to appreciated for the time i take to get to know them. SO ULTIMATELY i’ve settled on 101 PM + friend add. but this is a forever add. and i’ve noticed that the people who tip that (which if they want you they will) not only are so much more understanding with my time, they actually come back to my room. OFTEN. they respect my time, they understand the grind AND they like me enough to come back. just my personal experience. do what works for you. but i set mine to “friends only” so i’m not bombarded with free loaders & this gives them the opportunity to really know me then hopefully like me even more. then after that they can PM me any time i’m on. it works out great for me at least :h:

i don’t know everything, but i do know there are a LOT of freeloaders on cam sites. spending $20 one time for premium status does not a good tipper make. and although i love making friends, this is also my job. originally i tried leaving my PMs open for free & although i do think this allowed me to get a few more “random tips” from people like 5, 15 maybe some 35s it hardly ever paid off monetarily for the time they planned on taking from me. i try to focus as much as possible in main chat, especially if i have a lot of regulars there at once... but on slower nights i don’t mind hanging out in PMs more. but i don’t like to be taken advantage of either & even though every tip counts if you’re going to talk to me for an HOUR & tip me 25 cents it’s not really worth it for me especially because if i’m not responding right away they’d think they tipped 5 tokens so they should have all my attention or they’d leave lol. it’s seems to be very mooch-like to me. so i tried bumping it up to like 15 tokens for PM which i did get a lot more frequent buyers when it was that low, but this tended to get people who were also very demanding & then after they paid 15 tokens (like 75 cents for models) they wouldn’t tip all night. idk for me this isn’t sonic, i took time to get ready. i have fun countdowns, i invest in my cam room & not only do i care a lot about the job itself i care about my members & want to appreciated for the time i take to get to know them. SO ULTIMATELY i’ve settled on 101 PM + friend add. but this is a forever add. and i’ve noticed that the people who tip that (which if they want you they will) not only are so much more understanding with my time, they actually come back to my room. OFTEN. they respect my time, they understand the grind AND they like me enough to come back. just my personal experience. do what works for you. but i set mine to “friends only” so i’m not bombarded with free loaders & this gives them the opportunity to really know me then hopefully like me even more. then after that they can PM me any time i’m on. it works out great for me at least :h:
sorry there are so many typos on this lmao

Reactions: AussieCosplay
I charge for PMs. Price depends on nature of conversation too. If it's dirty talk, i will charge at least 100. If it's casual chat, I charge 20-50. I know some people get grumpy about it, but responding to tonnes of PMs is time-consuming and difficult, so I have to charge. it also helps sort the wheat from the chaff too.

I'm not a model, but would charge for PM's say 40 tokens, you say why so much, it will keep freaks who just want to pester you from constantly bothering you, you are busy enough without having to chat with some horny toad who has no intention of spending money on you. Very similar to a Private Show. A lot would depend on which page you were on. One thing is certain about Private Shows is that it empties out your room except for the free watchers (Lurkers), I would in my mind set a limit, say 50 users, below 50 do Private Shows, above 50 users Private shows have to wait. You can start out also with Private Show price set artificially high to keep users from requesting that and emptying out your room, just make sure to put a Notice: in whatever App or Bot you use that Private show price will be reduced to __ when you say so. Who knows, maybe someone will come along a start Private show at inflated price you set.

I can understand and agree with the sentiment of what you've described. After all, I'm sure you have ends to meet and keeping an idea of time spent vs cost is important.

This is from a CB perspective, though I think it applies to MFC too.... One thing I may suggest keeping in mind though is that (at least from a member perspective) I think tokens tend to be thought of as something relative and less of a raw conversion to money. I think the nature of token sites kind of does that. For instance, when a member sees 'flash x' for 250 tokens, they're probably not thinking of $20 or $12.50 for the model. They're thinking 250 tokens, a decent sized sum comparatively speaking, but a bit disproportionately viewed compared to $20 or $12.50 (which imo appear less). The majority of viewers have seen other rooms and there is sort of an unconscious comparison between different factors of models, like attractiveness level / personality / price. Viewing tokens as dollar amounts tends to be done mainly at just buying the batch of them initially.

To be clear, I'm not saying the prices or logic you mentioned were faulty in anyway... it's just something to keep in mind for price-setting for the future. :)

Likewise, the more tokens relatively speaking, the more that will be expected. I.e. If a PM is 5 or 15 tokens, if I ask a question or two and then get ignored after, it's somewhat to be expected. The tokens weren't much-- the response isn't much. If I pay, idk, 200 tokens for a PM and then get ignored right after similarly (presuming it's not like a top-10 room with spending whales galore), it's going to be a little more questionable

I can understand and agree with the sentiment of what you've described. After all, I'm sure you have ends to meet and keeping an idea of time spent vs cost is important.

This is from a CB perspective, though I think it applies to MFC too.... One thing I may suggest keeping in mind though is that (at least from a member perspective) I think tokens tend to be thought of as something relative and less of a raw conversion to money. I think the nature of token sites kind of does that. For instance, when a member sees 'flash x' for 250 tokens, they're probably not thinking of $20 or $12.50 for the model. They're thinking 250 tokens, a decent sized sum comparatively speaking, but a bit disproportionately viewed compared to $20 or $12.50 (which imo appear less). The majority of viewers have seen other rooms and there is sort of an unconscious comparison between different factors of models, like attractiveness level / personality / price. Viewing tokens as dollar amounts tends to be done mainly at just buying the batch of them initially.

To be clear, I'm not saying the prices or logic you mentioned were faulty in anyway... it's just something to keep in mind for price-setting for the future. :)

Likewise, the more tokens relatively speaking, the more that will be expected. I.e. If a PM is 5 or 15 tokens, if I ask a question or two and then get ignored after, it's somewhat to be expected. The tokens weren't much-- the response isn't much. If I pay, idk, 200 tokens for a PM and then get ignored right after similarly (presuming it's not like a top-10 room with spending whales galore), it's going to be a little more questionable
i think the members lack of consideration for how much tokens are to us, the worker, is the root of the problem in most instances. a cam model who charges for a service & doesn’t complete that service is a faulty worker. a member who pays for a cheaper service & expects the world in return is an ignorant member. if you have a question or two to ask, you can just as easily do it in main. if your question is dirty enough that it needs to be asked in private, then i promise you it’s worth more than 5 tokens of our time... aka 25 cents

i think the members lack of consideration for how much tokens are to us, the worker, is the root of the problem in most instances. a cam model who charges for a service & doesn’t complete that service is a faulty worker. a member who pays for a cheaper service & expects the world in return is an ignorant member. if you have a question or two to ask, you can just as easily do it in main. if your question is dirty enough that it needs to be asked in private, then i promise you it’s worth more than 5 tokens of our time... aka 25 cents
Taken a step further, I think dehumanization is a problem with camsites at large, so I agree fully with what you're saying. I just wanted to point it out. :)

i think the members lack of consideration for how much tokens are to us, the worker, is the root of the problem in most instances.

I am sure that’s true. The entire token-based system is designed to make the customer stop thinking in terms of real money. For some members, that turns into rampant overspending... for others, that can lead to a complete lack of consideration for how little they’ve actually paid the model for the thing they’re requesting.

I am sure that’s true. The entire token-based system is designed to make the customer stop thinking in terms of real money. For some members, that turns into rampant overspending... for others, that can lead to a complete lack of consideration for how little they’ve actually paid the model for the thing they’re requesting.
I've always assumed it was you have users/models from all over the world using different currencies.

I started at 20tk and just slowly started increasing. I'm at 111tk and I will keep it that way. It's a permanent friend add with PM privileges, but how chatty I am after the first chat depends on my mood. But I do make sure to give them their 111tk worth in that first conversation.

Before being a cam girl, I was a 911 dispatcher so I am used to toggling between a million different screens and stuff. 😂 still, i dont like typing a lot during live shows so keeping the price high keeps it from getting out of hand.

100%

i know this sites about adult content obviously but just for perspective it’s the same for twitch streamers too. i was watching someone the other day & a guest asked how much “bits” were & even i was shocked with how much they converted to, but it’s a catch 22 because although i am always grateful for anything someone spends on me because ultimately it does all add up, if i’m not acting overjoyed at a 1 token tip, or giving you special treatment for it... it’s because if we were in a strip club a bouncer would have literally kicked you out already for throwing coins at the dancers 🤣

t’s because if we were in a strip club a bouncer would have literally kicked you out already for throwing coins at the dancers 🤣
Omg I had this thought the other day. Like I always think that when someone does a yellow wall of 1 token tips, it's basically the equivalent of going to a strip club and trying to 'make it rain' with a large bag of nickels :haha:

I don't charge for PMs anymore. I don't like this idea that just because you tipped me 100 tokens (or whatever amount) ONE time, I'm supposed to keep you on my friends list and let you PM me to death while I'm working. I have my PM list set to "friends only," and there are only a few people on this list. And on that list there's one person who's been consistent about sending me a nice offline birthday tip every year, and giving me three-digit tips whenever he does come to my room. He doesn't do any of this lurking shit.....

I've removed a lot of people from this list, because it was people who haven't visited my room/tipped me in a long time, and also...seeing them "online" every night and never visiting me anymore was also starting to bug me a bit.

I find that guys who ask to PM or ask to be on my friends list are often the guys I don't want on there, because they wanna talk my ear off about stuff they could've just said in the public chat. Stuff like "Hi...you're pretty...where from?" The guys who want all kinds of one-on-one attention, and this is their way of getting it without paying to go private. Lol. Taking a model private doesn't always have to be for the purpose of getting her to do a toy show for you. You can totally take her private to CHAT. But good luck trying to convince some of these guys to go private to continue chitchat. Lol. Damn, send those guys my way, please.....

On MFC a member CAN talk to you privately via tip notes (where only you can see what he said). One time I did have this one guy who insisted on PMing me, but what he did was keep the public chat tips coming consistently while we had the PM conversation. He actually made it worthwhile for me to continue PMing him. It probably wasn't a lot of people in my room. Now if I ever get back to a place where I'm back to having lots of viewers in my room again (like the good 'ole days), I probably wouldn't allow anyone to do this 'PM convo while keeping the tips going' thing, because I don't wanna be neglecting my room.

I don't charge for PMs anymore. I don't like this idea that just because you tipped me 100 tokens (or whatever amount) ONE time, I'm supposed to keep you on my friends list and let you PM me to death while I'm working. I have my PM list set to "friends only," and there are only a few people on this list. And on that list there's one person who's been consistent about sending me a nice offline birthday tip every year, and giving me three-digit tips whenever he does come to my room. He doesn't do any of this lurking shit.....

I've removed a lot of people from this list, because it was people who haven't visited my room/tipped me in a long time, and also...seeing them "online" every night and never visiting me anymore was also starting to bug me a bit.

I find that guys who ask to PM or ask to be on my friends list are often the guys I don't want on there, because they wanna talk my ear off about stuff they could've just said in the public chat. Stuff like "Hi...you're pretty...where from?" The guys who want all kinds of one-on-one attention, and this is their way of getting it without paying to go private. Lol. Taking a model private doesn't always have to be for the purpose of getting her to do a toy show for you. You can totally take her private to CHAT. But good luck trying to convince some of these guys to go private to continue chitchat. Lol. Damn, send those guys my way, please.....

On MFC a member CAN talk to you privately via tip notes (where only you can see what he said). One time I did have this one guy who insisted on PMing me, but what he did was keep the public chat tips coming consistently while we had the PM conversation. He actually made it worthwhile for me to continue PMing him. It probably wasn't a lot of people in my room. Now if I ever get back to a place where I'm back to having lots of viewers in my room again (like the good 'ole days), I probably wouldn't allow anyone to do this 'PM convo while keeping the tips going' thing, because I don't wanna be neglecting my room.
i COMPLETELY understand this. two of my biggest peeves are 1) people in my PMs who say, we’ve had a private or two or spent a couple awesome nights together... but then they start getting too comfortable & PM when they aren’t in my room?? like they’re watching someone else full time & just chatting to me like.. i’m sorry but if you just wanna chat grab my snapchat or something i’m at work... also 2) seeing people that continuously say how much they like me/find me attractive, but seeing them on & not EVER in my room... it seems so fake to me. i understand that you’re going to want to explore, see what all is out there... but after a certain amount of time it just seems useless to keep people on my friends list who never take the time to actually spend time with me anymore. i think that sometimes people grow out of relationships, so maybe that’s it. but i always confront someone before i remove them (if it’s really bothering me) like “hey... i see you’re online a lot & not in my room, did i do something?” & if they don’t respond i’ll delete them, but i always give them a chance to express themselves. either way, getting ghosted by people you formed some type of friendship with just sucks & i’d rather grow with people who enjoy their time with me enough to stick around.

Omg I had this thought the other day. Like I always think that when someone does a yellow wall of 1 token tips, it's basically the equivalent of going to a strip club and trying to 'make it rain' with a large bag of nickels :haha:

The way the Lovense things work and how most have that set up kind of changes that equation though. Depends on the room and model and what you're wanting to do and all but generally if you're going for making the things buzz then it makes more sense to do ten 1s vs one 10 when it's set as 1-14 @ 3 seconds low. Tokens/money-wise it works out the same but much more buzz for the tokens.

I also wonder the same in the opposite way. i.e., why are you tipping 10 10 10 10 10 (with settings as above and nothing on the menu for 10) = 50 tokens when you could do 1 1 1 1 1 15 15 15?

Or in another way, why would I tip 100 for 10 seconds medium when you have 15 set at 6 seconds medium? I could do 6x15=90 tokens=36 seconds.

That's one of my pet peeves on these token sites with the Lovense toys - apparently very few models or tippers can do token math. lol

I will do 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 at times (where appropriate and it makes sense) but then I also follow up with 15s, 100s, 500s, etc. And, yes, it's different if you're tipping for things off of a menu and/or where there is no Lovense.

Last edited:
I've seen very different approaches to PMing on CB as a user. And most of them make sense, because the models are so different. I learned that if you tip and be a positive and funny element in the room, maybe having some creativity letting your comments be a bit different than the average BS, some models really like to PM also for free. But I'd never expect it, even if I wrote a classic love poem :) . If I want to talk private to a model I would pay up to 100 tokens. More would be a bit much for me but not for others I guess.

Also I think as a user it's a good idea to wait some time after you get a PM. Not instantly replying as if your tongue is lying on the floor. It shows the model that you know that you can't be the center of attention. Conversations get much better that way in my experience.

Reactions: DoD404 and GoddessV
All that you really need on most of these sites to get PMs is a high tipper ranking. I wish I didn't get one every time I enter a room. Which is why I usually set my level down where I can. I guess they're trained to do it but models really should give it a minute. Let me come in and sit down and look around before forcing me into (yet another) of the exact same conversations the split-second that I enter.

I charge 25 tokens per PM on MFC but no charge if asking questions about a private show. After the headache of the last few days of non-stop PMs, I am turning it off. They can add me to friends for a butt-load of tokens or put it in a tip note now. No more of this nonsense. I discovered an app for chaturbate that charges per message and will use that tonight. Now if I can only figure out how to stop the beggars on stripchat from messaging me. I see no positives to PMing and it takes away from the general atmosphere of my chatty and fun room. I am typing so much I don't see people saying hello or even the tips sometimes! I hate it and was only doing it because it felt like I would miss out on money/shows if I didn't. My high stress is not worth it and I hate typing. I am personable and cute enough to garner a written message in free chat, goddammit. I want to have an interactive and lively room and these idiots with their gross private messages or "where are u from" can go to hell.

In a perfect world Pms are $100 apiece or non-existent lol

I've seen very different approaches to PMing on CB as a user. And most of them make sense, because the models are so different. I learned that if you tip and be a positive and funny element in the room, maybe having some creativity letting your comments be a bit different than the average BS, some models really like to PM also for free. But I'd never expect it, even if I wrote a classic love poem :) . If I want to talk private to a model I would pay up to 100 tokens. More would be a bit much for me but not for others I guess.

Also I think as a user it's a good idea to wait some time after you get a PM. Not instantly replying as if your tongue is lying on the floor. It shows the model that you know that you can't be the center of attention. Conversations get much better that way in my experience.
This x1000 !! I will gladly tease and flirt in a PM with fun regulars or those who stick around long enough to be a part of the show. Hundreds of messages a day from guys who can't bother to spend more than 10 seconds in my room?! Or don't read the topic or my whiteboard?! That is just fucking rude to the model and disrespectful of her time. How much time do these guys waste going from room to room finding someone who will type back? If they stuck around more than 30 seconds and didn't immediately send a PM, they might actually get to talk to us.

On sending PMs to members not in your room - I have a user on my friend list on MFC who spent thousands of tokens and changed his name to include his love of me/my name as his username. He has not visited my chat since that first day he stopped in and I see him online quite a bit. I sent him messages 3x to say hello and ask how he was and he has ignored all messages. Maybe I annoyed him? I just assumed that since his username is MY name maybe he wanted to see me? LOL, still shaking my head and laughing about how silly it is. I want him to change his name if his love has faded hahaha

Reactions: yummybrownfox
...I see no positives to PMing and it takes away from the general atmosphere of my chatty and fun room. I am typing so much I don't see people saying hello or even the tips sometimes! I hate it and was only doing it because it felt like I would miss out on money/shows if I didn't. My high stress is not worth it and I hate typing. I am personable and cute enough to garner a written message in free chat, goddammit. I want to have an interactive and lively room and these idiots with their gross private messages or "where are u from" can go to hell.

In a perfect world Pms are $100 apiece or non-existent lol
Especially if you have a chatty room PMing is a nuisance for users as well. As a user I actively avoid rooms where I sense the is a lot of PMing from the model, my feeling is that, if you want to share something with the model that you don't want the rest of the room to hear it is most likely dirty talk and could be put in a tip note, don't expect the model to engage in your 'private' show unless you take her private.

Hi. I'm still relatively new to caming on MFC. Just wondering how much most of you charge for PM's and do you continue to constantly respond during your camming session? At what point do they have to pay again to keep your attention? Only because now I have built up a little bit of traffic in my room and I don't want to keep focusing on PM's, and of course I should make a little money for it as well. I also want to make sure that members are getting their money's worth as well. What is the proper etiquette in this case?
I have my own kind of way I perform, also I'm not on mfc, but on other token sites I charge 25 tokens for PMs and I have written in my rules that I will read and respond to PMs after the show so I can give my full attention to the show.

Every model's room works differently, but I found, for myself, that almost 100% of the guys in PMs just wanted a private conversation without paying for a private show, or they wanted to ask me to do things against TOS.

I think it's unfair to everyone else tipping me for my show to give my attention to someone who isn't willing to pay a fair price for it instead of them. However, if anyone does have a legit reason to PM me instead of taking me private I definitely want to communicate with them after I've fulfilled my commitment to entertain my room full of tippers. This is just my personal philosophy, ymmv.

Reactions: GoddessV
On sending PMs to members not in your room - I have a user on my friend list on MFC who spent thousands of tokens and changed his name to include his love of me/my name as his username. He has not visited my chat since that first day he stopped in and I see him online quite a bit. I sent him messages 3x to say hello and ask how he was and he has ignored all messages. Maybe I annoyed him? I just assumed that since his username is MY name maybe he wanted to see me? LOL, still shaking my head and laughing about how silly it is. I want him to change his name if his love has faded hahaha

OMG, I'm experiencing this too! Got a guy who changed his screen name to have my name within it, but he hasn't been coming into my room much anymore. Yet I'm seeing him online (on my friends list) like all the time. He did stop by somewhat recently just to say hi, and then left like a minute or two later. And prior to that, he never responded to my PM about redeeming his prize for being my January high tipper (Was gonna be a Hulu virtual movie date where he chooses the movie, and I turn on my cam in Google Hangouts or Skype or something so he could see me during the movie). *Shrugs* Oh well. Kinda weird to have a username dedicated to a model you like, yet not visit her room anymore while being online all the time. We didn't have a fight or anything.

Reactions: GoddessV
A typical PM price for a beginner goes from 5 to 30 tokens, but I think it really depends on whether you enjoy chatting in private or not. If you hate it, charge 80 tokens. At that price most viewers will not pay. If you really want to develop customer relationships, and you feel your conversational ability is a key to your show, maybe price it lower.

Something very few models do that I think is a good idea is to add that you want N tokens per message on top of the PM fee. It does not need to be a lot. Even asking for just 1 token per message on average helps to stop abuse. If someone is sending you 5 tokens for PM and then sending you 30 messages and never tips, the fact that your menu asked for 1 token per message and he paid 0 gives you an excuse to politely break off the chat. I would not micromanage something like that. If the viewer does not send you anything for 10 messages and then suddenly pays for a 30 token item on your menu, I would let that slide. It's about the principal of paying *something* for your time, not just stiffing you all night for a free chat.

Now, here's the hilarious part: even at 5 tokens, very few members will pay. And what is even worse is that all night long viewers will be asking you for PM. The fact that so many members want PM - but are unwilling to pay even 40 cents for that - gives you some idea of how cheap and opportunistic most viewers on these sites are. It actually annoys me incredibly to see 20+ people over the course of a few hours asking the model for free PM, and when they are asked for 5 tokens they disappear. So, no matter what your price is, do not feel bad that viewers want it for free. And do not get discouraged that when you ask for the PM fee many of them take off. You are saving yourself from a lot of dead weight dragging you down.

Also I think as a user it's a good idea...
Damn, reading my post again it really strikes me that the term "user" has a really ugly ring to it in that context. I meant it more as a "user" of the chaturbate service. I really don't see myself as a "user" of models. I hope no one took offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.