AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CharlesBot Newbie Issues

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2020
Checked and did not see any specific answers to these issues - but got a lot of other info that has helped

I am trying to learn about CharlesBot ) to help a model on MFC. She does not know anything about computers and I am almost dangerous. I am not a room helper but I can be if needed (temp). Main issue is making me a CharlesBot helper.

What I think I know:
  • We have CharlesBot in her room
  • We have made/deleted and changed basic commands, and also have the ads running.
Issues we are having:
  • She says she tried to PM CharlesBot !addhelper MyName - but it does not seem to work. We also have tried !addhelper MyName in chat and it still does not work. I do have CharlesBot added as a friend and set to accept PM from him.
  • I want to switch her to using ControlPanel as from what I read it makes things a lot easier. Thing is, if it is possible, is there a way I can also use her controlpanel?
  • Kind of embarrassed on this one – For a banner test we tried to make a command with a few words then used an existing approved banner with :bannername but that did not work.
If I have a command structure wrong please give the actual full command

Any help will be appreciated.

No replies but I was able to get banners working. Still cannot find what we are doing wrong with the !addhelper nightrdr I asked MFC (no reply), Twitter CharlesBotMFC (no reply) and even the lounge (you do not want to hear the replies). If I ever figure it out I will post it here as I am sure I cannot be the only one that has run into this - ever.

Upvote 0
I have no experience with using a helper for Charlesbot so I have no suggestions there. But:
  • I want to switch her to using ControlPanel as from what I read it makes things a lot easier. Thing is, if it is possible, is there a way I can also use her controlpanel?
She would have her own username/password for the control panel so it isn't easy (or recommended) for her to share access with you.

Upvote 0
I have no experience with using a helper for Charlesbot so I have no suggestions there. But:

She would have her own username/password for the control panel so it isn't easy (or recommended) for her to share access with you.
Thank you for your reply. I understand your suggestion. I am able to have her cut & paste commands so I may need to settle for that. We now have 3 banners and 6 ads so all is not lost. Being a helper would help a lot but if that is not possible - life goes on. Thank you again.

Upvote 0
Well still no luck with adding a helper. Found several rooms with CharlesBot and none of them say they ever tried !addhelper name. Since it belongs to MFC I asked them a couple times but they do not answer either. Guess 8k reward points is not enough for them to bother. I suspect it is not working but without a way to contact the developer(s) guess I will stop hitting my head on the wall. It is free so ....

Upvote 0
Well still no luck with adding a helper. Found several rooms with CharlesBot and none of them say they ever tried !addhelper name. Since it belongs to MFC I asked them a couple times but they do not answer either. Guess 8k reward points is not enough for them to bother. I suspect it is not working but without a way to contact the developer(s) guess I will stop hitting my head on the wall. It is free so ....
I wouldn't bother MFC with it, I'd rather suggest you just keep trying to get the attention of Charlesbot on Twitter.

I don't know how popular it is on MFC to have a helper for charlesbot.

Upvote 0
Ok thanks again. You may close this request if you like. If I ever find out I will post it, but do not expect to get an answer since they do not even have a support team. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Ok thanks again. You may close this request if you like. If I ever find out I will post it, but do not expect to get an answer since they do not even have a support team. Thanks again.
I hate double posts but just saw you sent it on for me. Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.