AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate after the holidays

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2020
I was doing great (what I consider great) before Christmas and New year's. However, after the holidays I am struggling literally making half of what I used to per hour. The only main difference is that I created an onlyfans and put that on Allmylinks in my bio. Is this a "slow season" right after the holidays for camming or am I doing something different that I haven't realized yet?

It is comforting to know that I am not the only one that has been struggling since the holidays. I just started back to camming back in November and was bringing in a decent amount for a part time cam girl. The last couple of weeks have been disappointing. I hope it picks back up soon!

Reactions: JustMilfnAround
I was thinking about this the other day. There are certainly less models online but I do not have a decrease in traffic but at the same time it does seem like its more difficult for models to reach higher positions now. Perhaps while many models are on vacation their users are visiting the top rooms while they wait for them to return? @Mila_ is it slower for you too or better?

I was thinking about this the other day. There are certainly less models online but I do not have a decrease in traffic but at the same time it does seem like its more difficult for models to reach higher positions now. Perhaps while many models are on vacation their users are visiting the top rooms while they wait for them to return? @Mila_ is it slower for you too or better?
Very slow for me, but there could be other reasons for my room to be this slow like I took a 1 month break in December which is always hard to come back from and I am also on Onlyfans since November which I think is having an impact. Hard to tell.

I don't know if I'm just imagining this, but since I created onlyfans it seems like people are less willing to spend money in my room. My theory is they feel like onlyfans should be a complete supplement for what they would see on cam and it is not. Anyway, thank you all for your input! I appreciate the feeback!

It has nothing to do with the customer, holidays, or so-called "slow months." Business is completely dependent on the model population and whether they're working on not.

It's ironic when models say they won't work during certain parts of the calendar year because of how slow it is. Well, yeah, why do you think that is?

Also, OnlyFans would only work against you if you're not as hot as you think you are. If you have a 10/10 body, men are only going to want to see more of you.

• Funny!
Reactions: Mila_
I don't know if I'm just imagining this, but since I created onlyfans it seems like people are less willing to spend money in my room. My theory is they feel like onlyfans should be a complete supplement for what they would see on cam and it is not. Anyway, thank you all for your input! I appreciate the feeback!

I'm pretty certain that's not whats going on, you can't replace a live cam interactive experience with videos and photos.
Also, OnlyFans would only work against you if you're not as hot as you think you are. If you have a 10/10 body, men are only going to want to see more of you.

If guys just want to see a 10/10 body there are plenty of places they can view girls like that for free.

It has nothing to do with the customer, holidays, or so-called "slow months." Business is completely dependent on the model population and whether they're working on not.

It's ironic when models say they won't work during certain parts of the calendar year because of how slow it is. Well, yeah, why do you think that is?

First of all, are you a cammodel?

Second of all your post is bullshit. I keep spreadsheets and have been tracking traffic vs earnings vs time spent online for 5 years. This is the SECOND worst pay period of the year, the first being the second half of July, third is the first part of January. I have data to back this up, spreadsheets full of data.

Those models that do pay attention know that this is a slow period which is why most of them take off and are only online if they HAVE to be or want to be and don't mind it being slow.....

Ask a large corporation if their income drops hard during January/July and they will certainly say that it does. Camming is essentially a sales job.

Sorry to be harsh but you get back what you put out and your post was rude, condescending and riddled with bullshit.

Have a nice day.

I did notice that a lot of guys that bought my Snapchat kind of slowed on spending in my room. Although for some of them it didn't change. It's just a roll of the dice..... Could be affecting, might not be the reason.... Again, it's January....

I've found a lot of regulars "camp out" during January and then resume spending in mid-February when they start to catch back up :) It's a great time to build relationships and retain your regulars by "hanging" with them a bit more.

First of all, are you a cammodel?

Second of all your post is bullshit. I keep spreadsheets and have been tracking traffic vs earnings vs time spent online for 5 years. This is the SECOND worst pay period of the year, the first being the second half of July, third is the first part of January. I have data to back this up, spreadsheets full of data.

Those models that do pay attention know that this is a slow period which is why most of them take off and are only online if they HAVE to be or want to be and don't mind it being slow.....

Ask a large corporation if their income drops hard during January/July and they will certainly say that it does. Camming is essentially a sales job.

Sorry to be harsh but you get back what you put out and your post was rude, condescending and riddled with bullshit.

Have a nice day.

Thank you

My .02 as a member: I've always viewed OnlyFans as a secondary form of content. Meaning, it's different than what is available on cam sites, or MV, etc. So, it's a nice "add-on" if you will for extra content not generally available elsewhere.

The downside, however, is that there's only a finite amount of money available to spend. For example, if I was dropping $200/week at a camsite because that's what my budget allowed me. Then, in order to do OnlyFans for the model as well, the money has to come from what's spent on the camsite. While it's easy to budget for the monthly rate, it's the "Hey, check out this exclusive video for $$$" that really starts to take a toll on the available funds.

So, it becomes a matter of economics and budgeting. Do you hangout and tip the model on the camsite with slightly less when doing just the monthly subscription? Or, do you significantly cut back on camsites and do more on OnlyFans for when vids/pics drop?

I think camsites and OF tend to conflict with one another for the available funds. Whereas content such as what's on MV, C4S, MFCShare, etc. tend to be a little more static because it's there and isn't on a "feed" like OF is.

GTFO here with your bullshit. It's been historically proven that businesses dealing with the general populace do in fact have dips or "slow months" throughout the year. Typically, January to mid February and, again July/August are some of the slowest times. Jan/Feb is due to the holiday spending. Then, Jul/Aug are due to summer vacations and spending for school year.

I know many people in certain service industries who take their vacations during the slower times of the year for them.

You sound like someone who either has an unlimited amount of disposable income. Or, the cheapest and whiniest bastard I've ever met. Given the majority of the comments you've made during the time you've been on the forum, I'm going to go with the latter.

Every man is completely different in what he considers a 10/10 body. Uuuugh. I hate when people project their own personal preferences, onto everyone else. Those kind of blanket statements/ insane over generalizations, literally drive me nuts. It's just the inaccuracy of it, you know. The blinding inaccuracy... I really wonder how many people there are out there, who live in such a thick bubble of their own making, that they have absolutely no idea how the world actually works.

I did notice that a lot of guys that bought my Snapchat kind of slowed on spending in my room. Although for some of them it didn't change. It's just a roll of the dice..... Could be affecting, might not be the reason.... Again, it's January....

I've found a lot of regulars "camp out" during January and then resume spending in mid-February when they start to catch back up :) It's a great time to build relationships and retain your regulars by "hanging" with them a bit more.

For myself, I generally didn't reduce spending when I picked up Snapchat for a model I was a regular in. Even though it was extra content, it typically didn't change it. What did make it change is how the tips were spent. If it was a monthly subscription, and relatively expensive at that, it reduced the amount of "at will" tips I'd do in the room as it would get diverted to snapchat subscriptions.

As this is getting into my second year I knew coming into January how slow it can be. Makes sense.
Heres a little example:
after I sold my truck I started renting out my parking spot in my building to my neighbour accross the hall. He has a family, 3 kids, his wife, his father, and himself living there so he needed the extra spot. He is now 2 months behind on paying me for it and asked if he could wait to pay due to holidays/bills. DUH this is very common for everyone right now!
I can see unless eveyone is just rich, how it can affect tips/sales/$$$ made.

I can confirm that some of my viewers have told me they’ve been burnt out from all of the holiday spending on Christmas. There was also Lunar New Year this weekend, where many would save money to give red envelopes to their relatives/loved ones. Lastly, I’ve had a couple regulars tell me they’re saving money to pay for taxes in the spring time.
These may or may not be factors affecting your room, but a few things I’ve noted.

After Christmas money dwindles away from the younger dudes, it slows down for me. So maybe mid January? I have been taking off the past week because this time is always my slowest.

When I was a baby cammodel I would find myself working more when it's slow. May that be streaming more hours or branching out to other sites like PSO.

This is why you should always have multiple streams of income/more baskets. I’ve been making content, selling more on Poshmark and getting things set up for the future vs worrying too much about the lower income this month. I’m down about 30% to a normal month with camming but I did pick up money in places I don’t spend as much time in normally. I’ve also been sick with a nasty head cold. Save as much as you can and you won’t need to freak out as much when it slows down. There will always be peaks and valleys.

edit to add, wait for tax return time when the grays blow their load in 2 min expecting everything for 100 tokens haha

Status
Not open for further replies.