AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate App Developer - Ban help

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2023
Hi @punker barbie,

Please help.

I am a developer for one of the Top 20 Top Earning apps for Chaturbate's new v2 app system. The app is used by over 1000 broadcasters and is associated with millions of dollars of revenue for Chaturbate over the past few months.

I received a ban notice on my account. I contacted support about this and received a reply that the account was suspended for "advertising" because I had recommended the app to a few broadcasters. I replied asking for clarification on what rule was violated because I have read the T&C in full and did not find any statements suggesting the recommendation of a Chaturbate app to a broadcaster is in violation of any rule. The "advertising" rule they referenced explicitly says advertising of 3rd party streaming services is prohibited. This clearly does not include recommending official Chaturbate apps and I would be really surprised if Chaturbate is really wanting to prohibit use of their new app system.

I have not received a response back in over 2 weeks and my account remains blocked. It has become clear that the support rep assigned to my account is ignoring it. I am currently unable to access, update, and manage the development of the app that is used by so many broadcasters since the account is banned.

I have never broken any rules of the site in the years I have been a community member, broadcaster, and app developer; and I do not intend to break any rules in the future. I would simply like clarification on what the rules are as I do not believe it is Chaturbate's policy to prohibit recommending an app to a broadcaster to help them. If it is, I will not recommend it again, but certainly this seems like a misinterpretation of the advertising policy by the support rep.

Appreciate your help in reviewing this, helping clarify the policies, and unblocking my account so I can continue development of the app.

Thanks,
ironthrone0

@punker barbie, is this something you can help with? It has now been 3 weeks locked out of the account. I had received a response 3 days ago that it would be unbanned but it has not been unbanned yet and there have been no further responses to my request for clarification. Any help is appreciated.

Upvote 0
I received a response today that my account was reviewed by a supervisor and determined the ban was erroneous and my account is now unlocked. I'm not sure if anyone here assisted with this, but if so - thank you.

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.