AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate Favoritism?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Favoritism on Chaturbate?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2014
I've been a viewer on Chaturbate for over 2 years.

Lately while watching on the site I have been seeing many girls log on to the site and instantly(under one minute) have viewer counts of 800-1000+. This is a huge advantage on chaturbate because it places you higher on the front page. Today I saw a well known cam girl from chaturbate log out and her camera retained a viewer count of over 800+ while the model's camera was not even on,when entering the room the camera was offline and the model gone (she kept her top spot for over 30 minutes).

Other strange problems like disconnects for popular models on the site when they start to gain viewers. Problems on Chaturbate's end that are unrelated to anything a camgirl could do.

I know Chaturbate has been bringing on new staff lately and I am concerned that someone could be making decisions and taking actions they aren't authorized to do . Could it be possible a rogue admin or new hire is affecting the way the site is being run?(for their own personal gain). Could deals be made between Chaturbate models and Chaturbate staff at events like exotica?. Maybe upper management is missing something at a lower level and should take this post seriously??

Whatever the problem is, be it Favoritism by admins or buggy site design ,I think i'll be frequenting other sites until Chaturbate gets their problems fixed.

So, Shirley/Punkerbarbie maybe you will come out of the woodwork and address some of these issues. It most certainly is affecting Chaturbate as a business, because instead of buying tokens on the site I am writing a lengthy message on this forum.

Reactions: MayaEden
I do not think Chaturbate is intentionally doing things that could cost them money, and I think they would love to be able to solve the disconnect issues. The room counts could be caused by bots run by fans, although the models in question could just be popular with lots of people.

Reactions: MayaEden
Sounds like Chaturbate needs to do something about models remaining on the list when they're disconnected more than anything else. Even MFC has figured out how to do that. It's not the model's fault if afk people remain logged into her room after she calls it a night.

Chaturbate is not a singular entity , they employ it/tech personnel to develop,maintain, and administer the site.

No good business would intentionally try to lose money. What I'm implying is that there could be the possibility that someone who works at Chaturbate is gaming the system ,advancing models for personal gain, or just making decisions based solely on their personal preference.

Bender024 said:
Chaturbate is not a singular entity , they employ it/tech personnel to develop,maintain, and administer the site.

No good business would intentionally try to lose money. What I'm implying is that there could be the possibility that someone who works at Chaturbate is gaming the system ,advancing models for personal gain, or just making decisions based solely on their personal preference.

:roll: Chaturbate is a company.

As for the rest, Hanlon's Razor applies.

8CSaXHR.jpg

Bender024 said:
I've been a viewer on Chaturbate for over 2 years.

Lately while watching on the site I have been seeing many girls log on to the site and instantly(under one minute) have viewer counts of 800-1000+. This is a huge advantage on chaturbate because it places you higher on the front page. Today I saw a well known cam girl from chaturbate log out and her camera retained a viewer count of over 800+ while the model's camera was not even on,when entering the room the camera was offline and the model gone (she kept her top spot for over 30 minutes).

Other strange problems like disconnects for popular models on the site when they start to gain viewers. Problems on Chaturbate's end that are unrelated to anything a camgirl could do.

I know Chaturbate has been bringing on new staff lately and I am concerned that someone could be making decisions and taking actions they aren't authorized to do . Could it be possible a rogue admin or new hire is affecting the way the site is being run?(for their own personal gain). Could deals be made between Chaturbate models and Chaturbate staff at events like exotica?. Maybe upper management is missing something at a lower level and should take this post seriously??

Whatever the problem is, be it Favoritism by admins or buggy site design ,I think i'll be frequenting other sites until Chaturbate gets their problems fixed.

So, Shirley/Punkerbarbie maybe you will come out of the woodwork and address some of these issues. It most certainly is affecting Chaturbate as a business, because instead of buying tokens on the site I am writing a lengthy message on this forum.

We would never deliberately disconnect a live stream. And to address favoritism- Our system is not set up to have favorites and give them better placement on the homepage.

Hope that helps,

Shirley

Hate to revive a 2 month old topic but I didn't want to start a whole new thread with the same thoughts.
The following has been happening extremely consistently with me: Every time I broadcast I won't show up on the list, both Featured and under Females, and if I do show up it would only be on Females with "0 Viewers" when I clearly have 100-200 for several minutes. I use to rake in 1000-1500 viewers even before reaching a cum show goal and around 8000-10000 tokens a night consistently (as well as hitting #1 and #2 almost every single night), so if something fishy IS going on it wouldn't make sense to do it to a model that has been making them a ton of money daily.

I find myself focusing on MFC more now until this fixes itself or whatever. If anyone has other sites to recommend, that would be great.

Shaun__ said:
The room counts could be caused by bots run by fans, although the models in question could just be popular with lots of people.

This is a new one for me.

Do you mean fanboys that might create and login 10 shell accounts to park in a models room to boost her placement or is there some devious prog out there that does it ?

the room counts have been all over the map the last couple of weeks, not refreshing properly, room count shows say 100 but if you click on users it changes to the actual number in the room

Honestly I left Chaturbate, it is not a very well run site. I would not show up online for hours, their apps crash constantly and they are quite unprofessional. I suggest you transfer to MFC or Streamate.
Mfc is good for the chatty, games feel.
Streamate is more private based.

Status
Not open for further replies.