AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2017
Twitter Username
@gara1000000
Chaturbate Username
gara1000000
Hello!
I recently started camming again in chaturbate, after updating my speed plan. For some days, I was getting around 240Mbps and 30+ fps with just wifi connection and couldn't ask for more honestly.
But somehow since this morning I've been suddenly only getting around 8-14 fps without any change on the computer/cam/ internet setup being made and I'm starting to freak out. The internet speed test doesn't ever go below 200Mbps via wifi but the 8-14 fps outcome stays the same. (I reload the chaturbate page each time after the speed test).
Has this ever happened to you? :_(

How can one be getting such bad fps with such a fairly good interned bandwith?
I'm on win 10, using chrome, and my pc is i7.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for a new ethernet usb adapter to see if I can get around this issue by going ethernet but tbh im still freaking outtt.
Tysm for your time :***

Yeah, happened to me one time last week. Nothing on my end, just something wrong on chaturbate's end. Tried again later that day and it worked fine. Just how it goes sometimes. If you're getting 200Mbps on speedtest, your CPU isn't stressed, and it worked fine before, it's probably not anything on your end.

Upvote 0
Also, forgot to mention since I don't use the chaturbate browser broadcaster anymore, but I used to see that a lot with it. For some unknown reason, my FPS occasionally dropped to around what you're getting. I would reboot and the problem went away. I've since switched to OBS and haven't had that problem since.

Upvote 0
Thank you guys for the replies!
As you said, cammingcouple, it comes and goes fortunatelly!
So yes I'll start looking into whatheck OBS is and how to set it up. Ty, Lunajane.
Should I start somewhere? (I'll just google it I suppose).

Ty again :)

Upvote 0
Ya OBS is the way to go. In your settings make sure you select hardware video encoding.. Settings>Output>Encoder>Select hardware, this will use your GPU instead of adding extra stress to the CPU.. Then all you have to do is figure out what bitrate youll require. I stream 720@30fps so CB bitrate min is 3000, i set mine to 3333 cause Im a goof for a numbers.

Ethernet is also really good, so hopefully that works out for you. Good luck :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Violet sex
Upvote 0
Ya OBS is the way to go. In your settings make sure you select hardware video encoding.. Settings>Output>Encoder>Select hardware, this will use your GPU instead of adding extra stress to the CPU.. Then all you have to do is figure out what bitrate youll require. I stream 720@30fps so CB bitrate min is 3000, i set mine to 3333 cause Im a goof for a numbers.

Ethernet is also really good, so hopefully that works out for you. Good luck :)

i'm still fairly new to chaturbate and these issues go way over my head. i'm on a chromebook with home wifi and even when i turn off the roku and there's nobody in the house using devices, i can never go full HD without going under 10 fps!
... will be following this thread... i have a lot of work and studying to do on this...

Upvote 0
i'm still fairly new to chaturbate and these issues go way over my head. i'm on a chromebook with home wifi and even when i turn off the roku and there's nobody in the house using devices, i can never go full HD without going under 10 fps!
... will be following this thread... i have a lot of work and studying to do on this...
OBS is an external program, one that is free to download.. https://obsproject.com/download. You can use it with all of you INPUTS such as webcam (video input) Mic (audio input); even allow for screen capture if you wanna stream gaming and what not. Like I mentioned before it's better because you can set it up to use your machines hardware to push your stream instead of just bandwidth and CPU, Ill see if I can find a tutorial for it cause I suck at words right now lol.

Upvote 0

I don't know what chromebook you have, but the CPU on your chromebook is most likely woefully inadequate for encoding HD video. I'm guessing chrome OS doesn't support OBS either, so you're probably SOL.

Reactions: Ryuki22
Upvote 0
Following setup instruction rn. Ty guys for the tuts!!
Is there anyone from Europe that can confirm OBS + CB to be also working here? I'm reading that as of now OBS option is only being rolled out in North America ;^;

Upvote 0
Unf this dummie can't seem to find the Use external software (OBS) link below my Start broadcasting button.
Mayb it hasnt been rolled out for Spanish accounts or maybe I'm just missing something else. ty all, either way :*

Upvote 0
Unf this dummie can't seem to find the Use external software (OBS) link below my Start broadcasting button.
Mayb it hasnt been rolled out for Spanish accounts or maybe I'm just missing something else. ty all, either way :*
I'm in Canada and the option to use it wasn't there at first for me either; just send Chaturbate Support and email about it, they did something to my account and I was able to use it within 24hrs.

• Hugs
Reactions: gara1000000
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.