AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate Model has 12,500 followers and 10 viewers?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2020
Chaturbate Model has 12,500 followers and 10 viewers? Does that math work? When I click the follow button means I'm coming back again so I just not get it. Some viewers just don't unfollow when have moved on maybe?

Not everyone is on their computer at the sametime. Also just because someone favorites/follows a cammodel doesn't mean they will always watch her when she is online.

Someone once told me they follow over 2000 models, because at any given time only around 40 will be online. If there are many users like that then those numbers make sense. Also it matters a lot when those followers were obtained. For example having 12.5k followers after 5 years of camming isn't the same as having 12.5k after 6 months, because if the followers were recently acquired the model will still be fresh in their minds, where as it's easy to completely forget about someone you followed years ago. And on top of that recent followers are more likely to be active.

Could be a lot of inactive followers / abandoned accounts, or just timing. Hard to say.

Personally, I don’t make a habit of unfollowing models once I’ve followed them. I follow many models I haven’t visited in a long time.

Unless the model did something to convince me I’ll never visit her again (misbehavior... which is very rare) or she is so active that she’s always at the top of my list of who’s online but I never seem interested, I won’t bother to unfollow.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
It could definitely be inactive members. Chaturbate used to be my main site. I had around 90,000 followers when I quit. After over a year of not logging on it went down to 80,000. I randomly logged in after I think 2-3 years and even with my amount of followers it was a slow climb to 100 viewers (my normal amount when cb was my main site could be anywhere around 400-1,000)

Chaturbate Model has 12,500 followers and 10 viewers? Does that math work? When I click the follow button means I'm coming back again so I just not get it. Some viewers just don't unfollow when have moved on maybe?

If there's no limits on follows there no reason for a member to trim follows. I don't think I've unfavorted on SM more than twice. The only platform I actually need to be selective is Jasmine because they have pretty tight limits.

Take also note that most of your followers disappear simply from the site without stop following.
If you take time to watch your follower list, you'll see even some accounts cancelled : many accounts even don't exist anymore

I have generally seen models have active viewers fall in a range between 0.25% and 4% of their followers. Models at the top of their game are at the high end of that range. Someone at 0.25% probably has room for significant performance enhancement.

Reactions: Herein2020
I have generally seen models have active viewers fall in a range between 0.25% and 4% of their followers. Models at the top of their game are at the high end of that range. Someone at 0.25% probably has room for significant performance enhancement.
Sadly for me I enjoy her kind of show as its a show - starts with dancing - moves to bj and then moves to the bed - 3 part show if the tips are good but yep guess isn't what her other followers like =) And I thought 12,500 was a lot of followers - have seen many with 100,000 plus etc so yep - not that many.

Not everyone is on their computer at the sametime. Also just because someone favorites/follows a cammodel doesn't mean they will always watch her when she is online.

Plus on top of this there are other reasons, such as the email they registered with is fake, they deleted their account (yes, if you delete your account, you remain in the persons followed list), a lot will have notifications turned off for email/push/web so won't know the model has come online unless they are already looking, and lots of duplicate accounts from the same people.

I honestly can't fathom following a lot of models. I find a few I like and tend to stick to them. If I have problems, or no longer want to interact with them, I unfollow.

I honestly can't fathom following a lot of models. I find a few I like and tend to stick to them. If I have problems, or no longer want to interact with them, I unfollow.

Same here. I have about 20 on mine, a few of which are ones that have not been on for a year or even 2 years but I don't want to lose them as I really liked them, and in case (fingers crossed) they ever come back.

me too - I even posted on a forum how to unfollow as I went ham the first few weeks. I literally have 1 that I follow now so I can get an email if she is on and I didn't want 20 or 50 of those a day =) But I have the other models user names and google brings me to their page is my favorite not on =)

I follow lots of models. In my case, it’s mostly because I don’t browse for new (to me) models that often. So on the rare occasion I do spend time looking outside of my list, I tend to make a series of quick decisions about whether the models are potentially my type... if yes, I follow, then I continue browsing. This way, if I don’t browse again for 3 months, my follows will remind me to check out her room again.

It does present problems, though. My core group of favorite models - the ones that know me well & see me all the time - is considerably smaller. But they’re on the same list with models I’ve only visited once for about 30 seconds, and followed them as a way of reminding myself to visit again someday.

And I don’t look at my email notifications when a model comes online. Yes, the emails pile up, but it doesn’t bother me. Ignore/delete.

I follow lots of models. In my case, it’s mostly because I don’t browse for new (to me) models that often. So on the rare occasion I do spend time looking outside of my list, I tend to make a series of quick decisions about whether the models are potentially my type... if yes, I follow, then I continue browsing. This way, if I don’t browse again for 3 months, my follows will remind me to check out her room again.

It does present problems, though. My core group of favorite models - the ones that know me well & see me all the time - is considerably smaller. But they’re on the same list with models I’ve only visited once for about 30 seconds, and followed them as a way of reminding myself to visit again someday.

And I don’t look at my email notifications when a model comes online. Yes, the emails pile up, but it doesn’t bother me. Ignore/delete.
for sure ya - me too - I stay with the girl as long as she is working. They catch my eye and is no 2 the same so I am hooked. And its fate as the back tattoo guys can tell you hahahahah Love that. Will never get old. If my favorite model not on then I browse around though for sure but ya - I not follow but I do have a notepad list of model names =) When I find a model does great private or even general shows via pm then I am adding to my list.

This is one of the things I like about MFC, there's two lists: Friends and bookmarked models.
  • Friends I for models I regularly visit and communicate with often. This is the core group of models for me. Other members are added to the friend list. Though, over the course of models retiring, etc I no longer see them on.
  • Bookmarked models I add to my bookmark model list before entering their room. Because I only allow PM's from friends and bookmarked models, this allows them to send me a PM if they wish. Otherwise, it's room chat only. If I like them, I'll keep them on the list for a while depending upon how often I visit them. If more frequent, I'll bump to friends list. If very infrequent, I'll leave there. If I no longer want to visit them, I remove from the list.

I get notifications both in email and when logged in for all models who are on my friends and bookmark lists. I probably have about ten models on my friends list, and maybe 10-15 on the bookmarks list. It's been a while since I cleaned it up, and should do so next time I'm on. Being I don't browse the model list very often, the numbers don't really grow.

This is one of the things I like about MFC, there's two lists: Friends and bookmarked models.
  • Friends I for models I regularly visit and communicate with often. This is the core group of models for me. Other members are added to the friend list. Though, over the course of models retiring, etc I no longer see them on.
  • Bookmarked models I add to my bookmark model list before entering their room. Because I only allow PM's from friends and bookmarked models, this allows them to send me a PM if they wish. Otherwise, it's room chat only. If I like them, I'll keep them on the list for a while depending upon how often I visit them. If more frequent, I'll bump to friends list. If very infrequent, I'll leave there. If I no longer want to visit them, I remove from the list.

I get notifications both in email and when logged in for all models who are on my friends and bookmark lists. I probably have about ten models on my friends list, and maybe 10-15 on the bookmarks list. It's been a while since I cleaned it up, and should do so next time I'm on. Being I don't browse the model list very often, the numbers don't really grow.

I kind of like that setup. MFC sounds interesting. I’ll have to check it out, once I feel like expanding my tip spending. :)

25 total models across 2 lists, and you need to clean it up? I envy your self control. lol

Honestly, my core favorites are a pretty small number, too (I can almost count them on one hand). I just cast a wide net when it comes to “someday I’ll visit/occasional visit” follows and don’t spend much time weeding them out once I add them.

And I don’t need notifications for my small group of favorites because I know their schedules and/or communicate with them outside of cb (I know, I know).

Reactions: DoD404
I kind of like that setup. MFC sounds interesting. I’ll have to check it out, once I feel like expanding my tip spending. :)

25 total models across 2 lists, and you need to clean it up? I envy your self control. lol

Honestly, my core favorites are a pretty small number, too (I can almost count them on one hand). I just cast a wide net when it comes to “someday I’ll visit/occasional visit” follows and don’t spend much time weeding them out once I add them.

And I don’t need notifications for my small group of favorites because I know their schedules and/or communicate with them outside of cb (I know, I know).
mfc is different for sure - is almost like twitch but with sex hahaha - is a very chat room type environment - regulars hang out night and lots of chit chat and many tippers so is lots of shows etc when goals are met. I enjoy it there for sure. Is the Girlfriend experience hhahaha

People come and go, I've seen models with 100000 followers and 10 viewers.
Hello! I am model on chaturbate, i have 15,000 followers but few viewers on the room! Some models have 1000 people in room some 300 some 100, but myself not so many, is about internet connection? Is about webcam? An advice pls! Thx

It could definitely be inactive members. Chaturbate used to be my main site. I had around 90,000 followers when I quit. After over a year of not logging on it went down to 80,000. I randomly logged in after I think 2-3 years and even with my amount of followers it was a slow climb to 100 viewers (my normal amount when cb was my main site could be anywhere around 400-1,000)
Why did you quit if I may ask or you can recommend better place?Seemed great viewership

Hello! I am model on chaturbate, i have 15,000 followers but few viewers on the room! Some models have 1000 people in room some 300 some 100, but myself not so many, is about internet connection? Is about webcam? An advice pls! Thx
just depends on the show you do or how interactive you are towards viewers.I know 1 model gets 40 followers plus a day But then covid might be boosting or reducing viewers. I think that inactive or banned accounts should be deleted automatically

just depends on the show you do or how interactive you are towards viewers.I know 1 model gets 40 followers plus a day But then covid might be boosting or reducing viewers. I think that inactive or banned accounts should be deleted automatically

But can you imagine a model going from 100,000 or more viewers down to 50,000 viewers in a single day? That would be devastating and horrible for them. It's such a happy and nice compliment and achievement for all models when they hit each milestone (1k, 10k, 25k, 50k, 100k, etc).

Maybe for MODELS they could see a "TRUE" statistic in their user profile (and that in itself needs a redesign - the follower section), so it'd be "XX active users" and "xx inactive" and "xx deleted".

Active would be people that have logged into their account within the past 30 days (?) and inactive for those not logged in for more than 30 days.

Maybe for MODELS they could see a "TRUE" statistic in their user profile (and that in itself needs a redesign - the follower section), so it'd be "XX active users" and "xx inactive" and "xx deleted".
yes, That's an idea.
and ok, a redesign could be done. A single list instead of a thumbnail wall with the user's cam, as most of them are offline :/

A single list instead of a thumbnail wall with the user's cam, as most of them are offline :/
Whoa. Don't think I ever had more than 10 friends/favourites/follows on neither StripChat nor CB, and 1/3 of them were other users. Then again, on SC you have Friends and Favourites (like bookmarks) which are on distinct lists.

But I agree. CB could at least shrink the thumbnails a tiny bit to make the list of followed models more useful. I can only imagine the PITA if you follow 100 models (you perv 😄 )

Why did you quit if I may ask or you can recommend better place?Seemed great viewership

I started to seriously hate it. I prefer doing shows only for people who pay me. I work on streamate now and can't stomach going back to a freemium style site. SM is more consistent for me, less work, less pressure and less noise to deal with because I don't have hundreds upon hundreds of people who never spend on me watching entire shows. Some people thrive in cb/mfc style sites--they have HUGE income potential but along with that comes a lot of pressure and the right kind of work ethic/personality to enjoy it (maintaining relationships with regulars/being consistent logging in) Streamate is private based and I don't have to log on at the same time or rely on regulars the same way I had to with CB. It's all physically easier for me to be doing private shows VS a long drawn out show trying to collect tokens for countdowns. I have more fun with fetish oriented 1-on-1 shows on streamate.

I started to seriously hate it. I prefer doing shows only for people who pay me. I work on streamate now and can't stomach going back to a freemium style site. SM is more consistent for me, less work, less pressure and less noise to deal with because I don't have hundreds upon hundreds of people who never spend on me watching entire shows. Some people thrive in cb/mfc style sites--they have HUGE income potential but along with that comes a lot of pressure and the right kind of work ethic/personality to enjoy it (maintaining relationships with regulars/being consistent logging in) Streamate is private based and I don't have to log on at the same time or rely on regulars the same way I had to with CB. It's all physically easier for me to be doing private shows VS a long drawn out show trying to collect tokens for countdowns. I have more fun with fetish oriented 1-on-1 shows on streamate.
Thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.