AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate Network Issues

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMarti

Cam Model
Jul 9, 2017
Romania
kingmarti.com
Twitter Username
@KingMartiCam
MFC Username
King_marti
Streamate Username
Thekingmarti
Chaturbate Username
KingMarti
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000252053/KingMarti/
Hi @punker barbie

Recently I have been unable to stream to chaturbate as my bitrate after a few seconds drops to 0 resulting in anywhere from 6-60% dropped frames. The connection my end is fine and seems to be an issue on chaturbates side as I have tested streaming to other platforms with the same settings and received 0 dropped frames over the same set amount of time. Would it be possible to have this looked into?

I am also unable to switch to the flash browser as clicking the enable flash button on the "or use adobe flash to broadcast yourself" just sends me to download flash even though it's already installed and working fine with other rooms on the site (flash setting is set to allow).

Web browser: Chrome
Upload speed: 25mbps

If there is any further information you require, please let me know

Thanks.

@KingMarti
Have you tried using a different CB servers to stream to?
Have you tried running tracert live.stream.highwebmedia.com to see how your traffic is getting to CB's server? (don't post this results of this here, but might be useful for your ISP)
Have you tried talking to your ISP?

Upvote 0
@KingMarti
Have you tried using a different CB servers to stream to?
Have you tried running tracert live.stream.highwebmedia.com to see how your traffic is getting to CB's server? (don't post this results of this here, but might be useful for your ISP)
Have you tried talking to your ISP?

Yep went through all the chaturbate servers listed in obs, lowest amount of frames dropped was 6% and the highest was about 60%. The issue dosnt seem to be with my connection, Every other site I have done a stream to gets 0 dropped frames indicating it's an issue specific to chaturbate since it's only chatrubate that has the issue with dropping frames, I have even tried streaming from a different network with the same results.

When I use the account I use for checking my stream quality the bitrate is a lot more stable, so it seems it is something related to my account.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yep went through all the chaturbate servers listed in obs, lowest amount of frames dropped was 6% and the highest was about 60%. The issue dosnt seem to be with my connection, Every other site I have done a stream to gets 0 dropped frames indicating it's an issue specific to chaturbate since it's only chatrubate that has the issue with dropping frames, I have even tried streaming from a different network with the same results.

When I use the account I use for checking my stream quality the bitrate is a lot more stable, so it seems it is something related to my account.
Scratch that, the second account has started with the same issue now, it was perfect for a couple mins,but pretty soon after my last edit the bitrate fell to 0

Managed to get the flash broadcaster working in another browser, seems to be ok over flash

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If it was CB, you'd think a bunch of other models would be having the same issue.
Have you tried using a VPN?

Upvote 0
Scratch that, the second account has started with the same issue now, it was perfect for a couple mins,but pretty soon after my last edit the bitrate fell to 0

Managed to get the flash broadcaster working in another browser, seems to be ok over flash

Please email support@chaturbate.com and shoot me a PM once you’ve done so. I’ll make sure the tech team is aware of the details you’ve provided in this post.

Upvote 0
Thank you @punker barbie. I managed to narrow down the issue and actually get it resolved (well kind of). My ISP had a feature enabled on my router that would boost the upload speed 10* to what the stable upload is for brief duration of time (2-3 mins at a time, which lines up pretty much with what I saw in my tests.... that frames would start dropping really badly after 2-3 mins and a few mins later the bitrate would bounce back up and then repeat in another 2-3 mins) so I have turned off that feature now and it seems to be a lot more stable. Still unsure of why chaturbate was the only site that was affected and it only happened when connecting to chaturbate via obs, but from what I can tell that is what was causing the issue. If it starts to happen again I'll drop an email to support with everything I found during all the testing.

As for the flash broadcaster.... I found that the issue with that is that it was not prompting the alert to allow flash to fun and if flash was already enabled then it wouldnt load. Basically to get to the flash broadcast page I needed the pop up to show otherwise it was behaving like flash wasnt installed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.