AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

chaturbate private video asking for password: Is this a scam or legit

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2017
So I've been camming on chaturbate for a week now. The first day I was making a little bit of tokens. Then some user pm me saying he wants a private show and asked for my login password. I was very skeptical at first then another user that was "helping" me said that it was legit and lucrative. So I give the password, he changes my setting to password protected profile, and I do a show for a couple of hours. The user said he he will connect his credit card to my account and on the 15th and 30th day I would get paid. I gave up and ignored this guy because I'm having doubts and I basically just wasted 3 hours on a free show :( Is this legit or basic scam. Have any of you models on chaturbate dealt with a similar situation?

Oh no.

Never. Ever. Give your password to anyone.

Oh no.

Never. Ever. Give your password to anyone.

That's Internet 101. Give your password to NOBODY, not even site admins.

OP, ignore pretty much every member offering "help" or "advice" when you're new. Most are just trying to get you to cam the way they enjoy, many are trying to get free shit, some are trying to scam, and only a tiny fraction are actually trying to be helpful.

Change your password NOW. Block those guys now, if you can.

If someone wants a private, they can click on the button to take you private. If they do anything else, they're trying to get a discounted or free show.

Holy shit, girl. Trust your gut, but more importantly, take a second to think things over. What website, ever, would require you to give your password away? Your private information like your name and address are there! I don't mean to sound condescending but if you're not very experienced with the ways of the internet, camming can be really tough. If you're not totally sure about something, don't ask someone (a member) who would benefit from your mistake.

Take some time to read the rules of your site, and to familiarize yourself with how it works. Learn what a real vs fake tip looks like, how password shows are set up, etc. It's important to know your site inside out. Always err on the side of caution and recognize that if something feels wrong, or sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I'd read everything on the CamGirlWiki but especially the scam page: https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Scams

I honestly would spend time reading up on that, and internet safety (please please please don't start using apps like Snapchat, Instagram, etc or Amazon wishlist until you've got a handle on the basics), before you cam again. And follow @SaffronBurke's great advice too.

I would also contact chaturbate support immediately!

Hi. I'm not a model but I'm pretty sure this is a scam. Sounds like one to me. Both those members - the one who asked for pvt and the other one who was "helping" you - might be partners in this sort of scam.

On Cb, models, if they want, can sell a password private show only for a member but THEY are the ones who choose the password, set show duration and price. Members always have to tip you UPFRONT for this sort of exclusive private show. This is legit, not the scenario you have described here.

Your email and data might also be compromised.

So I've been camming on chaturbate for a week now. The first day I was making a little bit of tokens. Then some user pm me saying he wants a private show and asked for my login password. I was very skeptical at first then another user that was "helping" me said that it was legit and lucrative. So I give the password, he changes my setting to password protected profile, and I do a show for a couple of hours. The user said he he will connect his credit card to my account and on the 15th and 30th day I would get paid. I gave up and ignored this guy because I'm having doubts and I basically just wasted 3 hours on a free show :( Is this legit or basic scam. Have any of you models on chaturbate dealt with a similar situation?

There is a situation where you can open up a password protected room and give the member/s the password, providing a super private show. That's probably what your "helper" thought. Or your "helper" could have been the member who scammed you on a fake account. Always, always trust your gut. I have NEVER been scammed, ever. Because I trust my gut. It's probably cost me legitimate business too, but I feel it's better than giving a scammer satisfaction.

Also, you don't need room helpers until you're getting hundreds or thousands of views. Some girls don't even use them then. You got this.

I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Also I've always wondered if the ways of these guys that jump from room to room on the new cams page to scam girls ever work. Looks like they do

I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Also I've always wondered if the ways of these guys that jump from room to room on the new cams page to scam girls ever work. Looks like they do

If you do it to everyone, chances are you will get one guilble person. Same thing can be said with "windows internet security" and that very nice prince with money problems.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Scam, scam, scam. Please remember, especially when you're new, that plenty of members will come to you and say how if you make them your mod, they will help out your room, or if you private message them, they will give you secrets to camming. They're usually grey/basic aka members of the site who do not pay. Whatever they say is to get you to give your time to them for free, or to make sure they can get into a show by being a mod. You don't have to deny them in a mean way in case you want to save face and make sure no one who is responsible will call you a bitch- just say something like "Oh no, I have plenty of help and couldn't possibly fit more in my head now!" or "No thanks, my shows aren't yet big enough to need a mod. Maybe if you come by and hang out some more?" They'll usually just leave the room once they know they won't be getting free things.

I have a room rule that you have to tip to PM, even if they're a member who pays the site but doesn't feel the need to pay me, and that weeds out most people. In my opinion, if they're wanting to spend some money on a private, they could spend a dollar. There'll also be people that might tell you that you shouldn't charge (x) amount for privates because you're new. It's just bullshit. Same with Amazon lists and giftcards. Do not do any show or give videos until you have your item in your hands, and Amazon gift cards can be faked. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.