AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate Questions and General Info

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaffronBurke

Cam Model
Jan 3, 2013
Pluto
Twitter Username
@Sweet_Saffron
Tumblr Username
saffronburke
MFC Username
SaffronBurke
Streamate Username
SaffronBurke
Chaturbate Username
SaffronBurke
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/62613/Saffron
We've had a good deal of threads popping up recently with questions about Chaturbate. It would be helpful to have this thread here so those of us with experience can help out folks who are feeling out the forum and don't have access to Models Only. If this could get stickied, that would be cool!

*I will start by advising that you get all of your verification filled out prior to broadcasting your first time, to cover your butt. While they don't require it, I've heard of a couple bans that happened this way, and it's better to be safe than sorry!

*Goals/Countdowns:
People seem to shy away from a big number outright, but large countdowns can still be done. Break it down into easier chunks. For example, a 500-topless goal may get nowhere, but a countdown of 20 with topless at 25 goals will move nicely, since the viewers tend to enjoy a feeling of accomplishment from meeting several smaller goals. Use the app Auto-Reset Tip Goal to help you! Just put in the amount you want each mini-goal to be, and it updates automatically, on your side and the viewers. You can update it at any time, making a transition to the next show quick and easy.

*Member Types
Viewers with no tokens will have a grey font. They may have never purchased tokens, or they may simply be out of tokens. There are more of the first than of the second, and for this reason, some models prefer not to allow greys to talk.
Viewers who currently have tokens will have a blue font. If they have spent 50+tokens recently, it will be dark blue, otherwise it will be light blue. Some of the light blue users simply keep a token or two in their account so that they can be able to talk to models.

*PM-ing
If a member pays a monthly fee for a supporter account, they can initiate a PM conversation with a model. Otherwise, the model must initiate the conversation. If a member leaves your room and returns late in your show, you will need to re-initiate the conversation. Some models don't enjoy PM and prefer conversing in the public chat, while others prefer the opposite.

Other models, please add more!

CB uses screen grabs instead of profile pics. Because of that, it's helpful to get naked relatively quick. It will give you an immediate draw/traffic and then you can work towards a larger goal or play a game or whatever. Typically once you have over a few hundred on CB, the traffic will always stick around even if you put some of your clothes back on (but make that part of a game or something). The first 3 or 4 rows of CB models are almost always naked.

Hi, this is my first post on this forum, so I hope I'm not doing anything wrong... ^^

I'm about to register to a caming site, probably Chaturbate, so I have a lot of questions about it (so far I have been reading a lot, but it is mostly about MFC...)

I'd like to know for exemple if you have a "new member" status when you just arrived, and if so how does it work? Can you set private messages to only friends (or allowed members) to avoid getting spamed? Can you sell sets of photos or videos throught the site? Is there any "technical" options for your video or sound (for exemple I'v seen somewhere that MFC has a "muffle parasit noises" option checked by default that is better to turn of if you want your music to sound better, that's the sort of things I'm thinking about...)?

Also, this might be more general, but is there anyway to test our equipment to make sure for exemple that our cam is not gonna turn of in the middle of a show or to see how the picture is like? (I'm having this question because sometimes my Internet connexion gets bad, and it can get some things done, and some others not, so how about streaming my cam? :/)

LaNux said:
Hi, this is my first post on this forum, so I hope I'm not doing anything wrong... ^^

I'm about to register to a caming site, probably Chaturbate, so I have a lot of questions about it (so far I have been reading a lot, but it is mostly about MFC...)

I'd like to know for exemple if you have a "new member" status when you just arrived, and if so how does it work? Can you set private messages to only friends (or allowed members) to avoid getting spamed? Can you sell sets of photos or videos throught the site? Is there any "technical" options for your video or sound (for exemple I'v seen somewhere that MFC has a "muffle parasit noises" option checked by default that is better to turn of if you want your music to sound better, that's the sort of things I'm thinking about...)?

Also, this might be more general, but is there anyway to test our equipment to make sure for exemple that our cam is not gonna turn of in the middle of a show or to see how the picture is like? (I'm having this question because sometimes my Internet connexion gets bad, and it can get some things done, and some others not, so how about streaming my cam? :/)

1. I don't remember for certain, but I don't think there's a "new model" status. Viewers WILL notice that you're new and stop in to check you out - I get this anytime I come back after not having been on for a while.

2. There are no settings to control who can and can't PM you. HOWEVER, the first message must be sent by the model unless the viewer has a supporter account, which they pay a monthly fee for. My experience has been that most of my viewers don't have supporter accounts. They'll ask in chat for you to PM them, and you can decline if you want, many models prefer to keep conversation in public chat unless it's about a private.

3. You have the option to host videos and photo sets on your bio, or you can store your content with a third party, like DropBox or CamRedeem, and have members tip, then send them a link to download their purchase. If you host with a third party, have them include their email address in the tipnote, then send all content when you log off - that makes it easier to keep track of who you need to send links to.

4. You can adjust your volume input level, but they don't have an option to control background noise. Experiment with different speaker/mic positions to get the best effect.

5. When you open the broadcast window, it defaults to a preview, which shows the view in your can, your Mic's input level, and your FPS. You can adjust settings from there, choose which camera and which microphone you want to use, and talk/play music to see how well your mic is picking up.

Hope that answers your questions, feel free to ask more!

Actually, now that I am registered, I have an other question. How does the site work at all? Haha... I have seen nothing about verifications, and I know there is supposed to be at least one for the age. How do I do that? Where should I go to start ? Also, I'm having the problem of having the site half in French (cause that's where I am), and the parts in French are awefully translated and therefore sounding like "out of context" making the whole thing probably more mysterious and weird than it actually is? (and whenever I clic to turn it to English, it just reloads in terrible half French...) xD So I might have figured out where to start my cam, but do I not need to do any thing before?
Sorry if my question seems dumb, I'm just so weirded out :p

EDIT: Oh, I just found the model verification, all in English, never mind! ^^

It's kinda in a weird place, honestly. It make sense, to me at least, to have it as part of the sign-up, but that's how they want to run it. I'm going to include a couple screenshots of how to find it, for future reference - click on them to look at them full-size. I started a new account to use as reference.

Here's how it looks after you've logged in. Click on "My Profile" in the top left corner.

This defaults to the Apps and Bots Page. From here, click "Token Stats" from among the tabs in the profile menu.

You will see a link for Model Verification. Click it! :-D

You're there! There are two things you must do - Agree to the Performer Agreement, and upload verification. The agreement asks for your full legal name and date of birth, verification takes the form of one close-up photo of your ID, and one of you holding it next to your face. Make sure all of the information is clearly legible in both photos! This information is not visible to the public, just to Chaturbate's verification folks.

Attachments

• Main Page.png
    Main Page.png
    533.4 KB · Views: 257
  • Apps And Bots.png
    Apps And Bots.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 257
  • Token Stats.png
    Token Stats.png
    130 KB · Views: 257
  • Model Verification.png
    Model Verification.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 258
Ok, now that I've gone through my first day of camming, I have other questions ^^ (I feel like I'm interviewing you SweetSaffron xD)

Some people left messages during the broadcasting, but I didn't answer to them because I wanted to focus on the room first. After my shift, I left my room, and then I looked for the messages (I went back to the room where I had seen the notifications) but couldn't find them. Are they still accessible after/outside a show?

Also, how can I set a count down and what are the apps?

And a last question, when I got in, a huge ton of people were talking to me, all at the same time. I noticed other girls don't have that many people talking, is that because I am new and people want to get to know me or are there settings about it?

Hey all. I came across a weird "problem" on chaturbate just lately and I figured I just might ask for some advice of you, though I fear none of you would ever had a similar problem (for obvious reasons...)...

I had my first night as a verified model two nights ago and it was great fun for me. But when I came back to the site yesterday to do some adjustments to my bio and stuff I noticed that my "sex" had been changed to "female" without me changing anything myself. Ive been going as "male" before for I refer to myself as a crossdresser and thus didnt "dare" to choose transsexual (I didnt want to make any mistakes or fool anyone or whatever...).

My question is...should I change it back to "male" before I broadcast again? Could I actually go as "transsexual"? Ive contacted the support (it said "Customer Support", I have no clue if there is something like a support especially for models?), but they dont seem to answer me. Are there any other ways to contact the support apart from this customer support? :think:

Id be thankful for every bit of advice you can give me. :)

:-*

~anna~

I believe customer support is it. You could also try contacting Shirley, think she goes by Punker Barbie on here. If you can change it yourself and want to then I don't know that I see a problem, but that's my perspective. :)

Reactions: cd_anna
Status
Not open for further replies.