AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

chaturbate ranking

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2019
CHATURBATE: hi all girls i'm a camgirl for about 2 years i have a lot of followers and i was usually on page 1,
I've always had over 500 visitors, now I'm on page 2 and I have about 200 visitors,
in preview I look at other girls before me and they have less total visitors and less colored visitors but they are before me
I have more purple and blue and they are in front of me, can it depend on whether they are paid more than me in those minutes?
I have read about punker baby (worker of chaturbate) ? maybe she can help me?
thanks (maybe something on my account are happens) ?

There are 2 different things: contest and placement. The contest goes by number of registered users watching. Your placement on the site does not. While it does take that number into account, there is a complex algorithm in place that has many variables including the amount of tokens the users in your room are holding. If you have purple users they might have 0 tokens in their accounts it’s better to order the user list by tokens than alphabetically for this reason.

Upvote 0
hmm maybe also how long u are online, how long those people stay in room, quality. Honestly no idea how works algorithm but for sure is not based only on numbers of viewers

Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
I don't believe this to be a factor. If it is then its a very minor factor so I wouldn't race to ask your regulars to stock up and keep a reserve to hang out with you xD.
This was told to a member of mine by support themselves.

Upvote 0
I don't believe this to be a factor. If it is then its a very minor factor so I wouldn't race to ask your regulars to stock up and keep a reserve to hang out with you xD.

If it is a factor, then hypothetically a user holding a million tokens would be a major influence in any room he or she goes to.

I guess that brings up this question. Do other broadcasters with banked tokens have any influence on the algorithms in any rooms they may go to?
Just say hypothetically 5+ broadcasters with major amount of tokens on hold before cash out all decide to go to another room at the same time, how much of an impact would they make on that rooms placement?
Unless of course CB factored this all in and removed this from its algorithm rules.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It would also give a broadcaster account that has not cashed out the tokens a very high "value" in the room.

Upvote 0
As far as I know broadcaster accounts are treated like any other user account for placement. Quite some networks of view bots consist of age verified accounts. Also studios do this and put old model accounts into rooms of their current models.

Upvote 0
Youtubers have a similar complaint. Youtube is always adjusting their algorithms to try and maximize view time and profits. And as they do, people have gone up and down in popularity.
Youtube use to favor view count. Then they switched to favoring watch time. After that they started using a neural network that not only took into account view, watch time, but also searching and browsing habits, age, gender, location. And then they started taking into account click through on recommended videos, subscribers, click though on notifications. (why those youtuber are always trying to get you to click on that bell)
I really wouldn't be surprised if CB is looking at all of this, As well as session time, likes/dislikes, channel broadcast time, how a model trends, along with every kind of metric you can think of for tipping.

Upvote 0
I think that the new models are helped.
if a new model immediately earns so much money it is sure that she returns to work the next days.... and the men are stimulated to charge even more money

Upvote 0
Why is it that there have been so many complaints about CB lately (from the models that they make their money from), yet they have anything to say about it, other than “try harder”. There have been several formerly successful models that have stated that their earnings are way down, and they’ve left. How much longer is CB going to stay silent about it?

Upvote 0
Right now three of the top 15 rooms are put there by the same set of view bot accounts.

Edit: a fourth girl just went online, shot straight to the top. It's 4 out of the top 15 now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've read way too many threads about problems on CB.

I'm really sorry for all the models whose business has been affected by impossibility to figure out how CB algorithms work.

I can say the only one thing. If you want any kind of stability and clarity, CB is a wrong site.
It can be great sometimes. I love CB. But some day you may wake up to find out that you're fucked up.

CB support seems to avoid sharing any info about a banal technical issues time from time, even when it is clearly happening.
Why expect any clarity about ranking then?

The only one solution is joining more sites (other cam-sites, sites for video sales, sexting sites, etc) to get less worried (it saves me when I get too upset about the current situation on CB) since we don't know the truth and the chances are that we never will.

Upvote 0
CB will never admit to what their algorithm is, same as Google won't disclose its algorithm for ranking pages. As soon as the algorithm is widely known people will start gaming the system to artificially improve their ranking and make the whole ranking system useless.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the algorithm is somewhat tailored to individual users, that is, it considers the tags the user has search for, tags used by the models the user has tipped etc. At least the models I see on the top rows seems to change depending on what account I log in with.

Reactions: Diana_Devil
Upvote 0
Correct, there are "black hat" methods for Google ranking though. There are also "black hat" methods at cb and I have the impression these methods are very successful.

Upvote 0
I think the major part of viewers should change mentallity of watching for free

"should" yes but unfortunately that will not happen.
I would say 90% of guys I see going to models rooms don't give a flying monkeys arse about watching free. In fact, most think they deserve the free show and the model owes them to give it for free because "I chose you to watch out of all the other women" -- I mean, wtf kind of mentality is that. That is just dumb as fuck.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.