AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate Satisfaction Score change

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2018
Australia
CB announced recently that they have now changed the Satisfaction score to allow users to also leave a message for the model.
While I can see positives and negatives for this, I fear it will just open another way for people to leave nasty messages or insult the model. I fear the feedback option could become abusive? Perhaps my concerns are unfounded around this.

One of the models I follow has a personal troll who continually is making new accounts and regularly insults/demeans/attacks her in chat. The accounts are banned/silenced but often they tend to be a little sneaky about it and it can be a little while before the model/her mods realise it is the troll again. After six months, you would think they would have given up doing this, but apparently not and I fear something like the the feedback option may just give someone like this troll another avenue to privately insult/attack the model.

I'm cautiously optimistic it might be a good thing, but also worry about what messages could be left

What do you think? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

Attachments

• 2018-10-19_08h02_36.png
    2018-10-19_08h02_36.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: Smores and Osyrus
somehow its good thing, at least we would know why is the thumb down. i mean there are days when i cant figure wtf i did wrong. usually my bad reviews are because of people that tip 25 then have high expectations. i dont really mind much about those but in case its a bad review at least should know why. as for trolls, she should ignore him what if he puts an insulting message? the thumb down would be there with or without,,,

@CurvyJ i remember u were interested in knowing more from memberes abour the bad/good reviews. prayers listened hehehe

Just when I decided to step away from CB lol. I'm staying with one small show a week, but I've been doing much better on SM

I think it can definitely be a good feature... we deserve to know what we are doing "wrong"

I hope cb implements a way to "hide" or "delete" nasty troll comments

I personally think this feature is nice, but at the same time, it still doesn't tell us WHO left the comment...so yeah I guess if people giving bad reviews give enough details, we might understand, otherwise...

I sometimes get comment on my positive reviews though and it's nice, but most often than not, I can't figure out who left it haha!

I am in the wagon of... it is fantastic or CAN be, the idea of it at least.
You're still going to get morons trolling or giving stupid reasons BUT so long as it is a real reason by them and not troll, no matter how stupid it is, at least you know and can ease your mind. Some models worry about their down thumbs on CB, especially if it's only 1 or 2 and they have 100 thumbs up... which is understandable.

I think a way to allow the user to make his/her comment not be anonymous could be great. Not to provoke the model or cause conflict, in fact the opposite; to resolve. That way if it's a user who comes again, the model could potentially approach them via PM and chat about it (not bitch or whine etc)... Or am I being too optimistic about that happening?

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
That way if it's a user who comes again, the model could potentially approach them via PM and chat about it (not bitch or whine etc)... Or am I being too optimistic about that happening?

I feel like this wouldn't happen. In fact, I wonder if users tend to go back to camgirls they gave a thumbs down to? I mean, if they're not trolling and were simply disappointed for some reason, to the point where they leave a negative review without talking to the girl first, I can't imagine the person coming back. Or am I wrong on this?

The only reason I think it would be useful to have the username of the person who gave a thumbs down, is for the girl to be able to pinpoint what happened, if she's able to remember the name and the interaction she might have had with the user.

In my experience 99% of thumbs down are new/cheap members who think they can attach any request to a 25 token tip and the model has an obligation to perform it for them. They never come back.

I feel like this wouldn't happen. In fact, I wonder if users tend to go back to camgirls they gave a thumbs down to? I mean, if they're not trolling and were simply disappointed for some reason, to the point where they leave a negative review without talking to the girl first, I can't imagine the person coming back. Or am I wrong on this?

The only reason I think it would be useful to have the username of the person who gave a thumbs down, is for the girl to be able to pinpoint what happened, if she's able to remember the name and the interaction she might have had with the user.

There are some legit cases where the guy will still want the woman and find her attractive and give her a second chance. Maybe the guy was in a bad mood that day too and realised the next day or next time "you know what I overreacted".. I know it seems far-fetched but there are SOME good, nice guys on these sites lol.

Can any of you models confirm something for me please:
Is the comment on ALL pages, or just the "new cb player page" ?? So if you're on the regular page that is old/default, thumb up/down, will it allow for the comment? And when you see the comment, how do they display for you?

I think this is a feature the model should opt into. I do not think it should be forced on all models. Some people have a very hard time accepting judgments on them, and given that this system will have a lot of deliberately demeaning remarks left by trolls, I feel it could really hurt susceptible models.

I believe a system like this will be abused by trolls because most viewers will not care about constructive feedback, whereas trolls have an obsession with affecting the model's state of mind and leave repeated cruel and demeaning comments. A viewer with positive remarks is likely to leave those a few times and then subsequently just leave a thumbs up. A troll will leave worse and worse comments each and every day forever, until he is banned.

If you want to talk about the science of marketing surveys, it is actually a rare skill to be able to read through customer comments and develop some abstractions from those that are useful to your business. The tendency for most people is to get lost in minutiae. So there are plenty of people who will be unable to see the abstract trends in their feedback data, whereas they will certainly feel the smack of negative comments.

I think this feature is a great idea. But turn it off by default. Let the model opt in and out, at her discretion.

Reactions: jekster and NotYou
I think this is a feature the model should opt into. I do not think it should be forced on all models. Some people have a very hard time accepting judgments on them, and given that this system will have a lot of deliberately demeaning remarks left by trolls, I feel it could really hurt susceptible models.

If a model can't handle negative comments on the private rating box that only she can see, she will be crushed by negative comments in public chat. She should look for a different career.

If a model can't handle negative comments on the private rating box that only she can see, she will be crushed by negative comments in public chat. She should look for a different career.

In public chat, the trolls stand out as trolls. In an anonymous feedback system, the trolls get to amplify their signal. At minimum, it is going to be very annoying. I am not arguing to remove the feature. I am arguing to let people who have a thick skin opt in.

Hi -
I submitted a suggestion like this to CB about a year ago, along with models being able to permanently ban someone, being able to clear a single ban instead of all at once, and a bunch of other ideas. Not sure if they made this change based on my suggestion or someone else's, but...

First, apologies to anyone who isn't happy with the idea. Clearly, I could have put more thought into the suggestion. Based on what I've read, there is room for improvement, and I definitely like the opt-out idea.

As for the suggestion I submitted, here was my thinking:

Anyone can come in, leave a 25 token tip note and a message good or bad and leave a Thumbs Up/Down. For larger rooms with many tippers, it can be annoying to scroll thru the token stats log to find a negative comment when Thumbs Down incremented upwards. So aggregating thumbs comments in one place seemed helpful and was a request by a couple models in our studio.

The other part of the idea was to give users who had private shows or who had already tipped 25 tokens a means of leaving a message without tipping again to do so. For example, those who leave the room and smack their heads and say "I forgot to rate her and tell her how wonderful the show was", or "next time, I'd like to see..." or "sorry, the show wasn't really what I had in mind. good luck", etc. And yes, sometimes there are cases where a user believes a Thumbs Down is a legitimate rating and wants the forum to do so. It would be nice if all Thumbs Down were given with thoughtful and constructive feedback as to why the rating was given, but we all know that's not the case.

When I submitted the request, I really didn't think about how it might be perceived as a means of harassment or abuse. If users want to go that route, they already have so many means of doing so. The idea was just to collect the feedback in one place. Hopefully, CB will hide the comments from viewers and only the model sees them. If they turned this feature into a model Yelp review, that would be horrible!

Again, apologies to all who are not happy about it.

Slithytoves

Reactions: Mila_
Personally, all the thumbs downs I’ve ever been given were either from cheap people or trolls. The way I see it, if there’s a reasonable person out there who finds a problem with the way I run my room, he’ll just exit and find another camgirl that floats his boat. Not even bother with the thumbs down.

In public chat, the trolls stand out as trolls. In an anonymous feedback system, the trolls get to amplify their signal. At minimum, it is going to be very annoying. I am not arguing to remove the feature. I am arguing to let people who have a thick skin opt in.

Hopefully they will include a report button.

Reactions: AmberCutie

Models can opt out of using the thumbs up/down system though.

Reactions: rstanton
can we? where? :)))) mine is useless anyway, i dont even have 100 total, id put it off if i could.

I just checked how since I never tried, I simply saw many models' rooms where it seemed to be ''turned off'', but now I realize the option is simply to 'hide' the score from other people's view, and not turn it off completely...I think it's a bit ridiculous but oh well. I guess some people might want to know what users think of them but they don't want other users to see?? Sorry for the false hope, in case you'd like to have it completely put off :(

I used to hide it. My thinking was I am not a product and Chaturbate is not Best Buy si it really does feel cheap to “rate” me like I was a piece of meat. For this reason I hid it. Then I came across a thread on Reddit someone posted about me claiming that I hide my score because it is negative and that I probably was embarrassed of it. Then I realized hiding it is actually worse and since my score was 99% and still is, I displayed it again. My score had never dipped below 97% ever.

Reactions: Lunasha
Actually i see now i already have that hidden. i really dont care about the scores neither on chaturbate nor on mfc( when i was camming there too) i know what im doing in my room and im fair and honest with guys. i rather say i dont do a thing than lie to get tokens. now if u tip me 25 tokens and ask to fuck my ass and say no and u rate me bad, i dont really give a fuck. also ive noticed my traffic or income isnt affected by ratings. As example i was on a steady pay period income on mfc with a 500-ish camscore.
As for what ur saying @Mila_ im not as popular as you are, that people to talk about me, but yes i understand well what u mean, but thats only a proof more of how people would gossip/be mean/hard to satisfy whatever you would do.
I also think 25 tokens is a low level for giving a fair rating, i mean most of us dont do much for 25 tokens( in my case i do a short close-up, because im a all time nude model) whats to rate there? do i get a thumb down because my pussy isnt all pink-ish and neat( see the video thread with the crazy demanding guy)?

Reactions: Lunasha
I also think 25 tokens is a low level for giving a fair rating, i mean most of us dont do much for 25 tokens

THIS! 25 tokens is really low enough for some trolle to decide to take their time and energy to piss some model off for sure. Also yeah, if you just tipped 25 tokens, you probably didn't tip for anything really worthy on any tip menu so....wth. I would totally vote for having the feature being tweaked a little at least. I like receiving thumbs up, but in the end, I already know who my regulars are and who was happy with me. Do users really use this to choose a room where they'll hang out? I guess not, because many popular models keep it hidden anyway.

Reactions: Sophiestique
In my experience 99% of thumbs down are new/cheap members who think they can attach any request to a 25 token tip and the model has an obligation to perform it for them. They never come back.
Exactly! I’ve had one negative rating since I started camming, which was very recent & still showing on my page from August. And honestly, I don’t really give a damn. It was from a troll who came in during one of my rare “Chat with Nat” nights. Tip menu off, no goal, greys allowed to chat, etc. He came in, immediately tipped 25 with a tip note that said “get naked”. I said no, so he left. Oh well. I leave it turned on, but don’t really look at it. Someone in my room actually pointed the negative one out to me the next night. And we all laughed about it.

The comment feature is good in theory but personally in practice im sure it'd cause more harm than good especially when used as a form of trolling or harassment. My fiance and I actually just had our first ever down thumb and I definitely agree with the consensus, and that's whoever made that down thumb in the first place is just an ass who tipped 25 expecting the world when no model would ever do whatever they're asking for that cheap. I know exactly who did mine as well, we were still working on our clothes off countdown, 25 tip comes in demanding my fiancé strips and uses her toy up her ass. Lol yeah no, offered to let him ask for something else but just left. Oh the joys of modelling lmao.
-Nik

• Funny!
Reactions: Sophiestique
Status
Not open for further replies.