AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate Slow To Send Out Notifications

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2019
www.youtube.com
Twitter Username
@justmilfnaround
Just wondering what is going on with CB sending out notifications 15-30 minutes after I get online....

A week ago (either Friday or Saturday) I was notified by my mod that it took 15 minutes for him to receive notification that I was online, and there were 2 other higher ranking models included in the notification ranked by followers so I was at the lower end (32K followers here), so of course my room gets clicked on last.....basic psychology.... The day before I had about 200 viewers steady for 6+ hours and this day I couldn't get to TEN (10) or more for OVER 45 MINUTES. Logged off almost an hour in with 9 viewers. NINE. 1 year on the site, 32K viewers... This makes absolutely NO SENSE. NONE.

Last night, I figured I would try CB again, and it took 30+ minutes for my mod to get the notification that I was online. Over 30 minutes! Luckily it was only my room in the email BUT I couldn't get over 25 viewers in my room which is maddening. The first hour on CB will make or break your whole day usually so for that to happen sucks.

I LOVE the Chaturbate platform, it's my favorite place to cam but Wth is going on? :(

Reactions: Mila_
I wonder if I'm getting the same thing, because the number if viewers I get seems to vary randomly. There are also times where I'll noticed a large number of people suddenly show up to my room at once. I've never really trusted CB's notifications anyways since you never have any clue how or if it works, so I've always tried to push people to follow on Twitter and to click the bell to be notified about all my tweets.

Reactions: JustMilfnAround
Upvote 0
As a viewer/member all I can say is it seems to be random.
But this is why I always have web browser notifications on for both my PC and phone, then I get that instantly (it's always instant, never had an issue with that). So maybe try ask your followers to do that? Just in their profile it's a setting at the same location

Upvote 0
As a viewer/member all I can say is it seems to be random.
But this is why I always have web browser notifications on for both my PC and phone, then I get that instantly (it's always instant, never had an issue with that). So maybe try ask your followers to do that? Just in their profile it's a setting at the same location

Thank you - I will ask them to do that :)

Upvote 0
Same here.... i have 62k followers on cb and i cant get more than 10-20 users in my room, maybe its just a bad period, idk but good luck

I knew it wasn't just me, thanks for letting us know that you are having the same issue...and I'm sorry that you are having the same issue :(

Reactions: ingridpoow
Upvote 0
You can also think of this way some (most of them ?) may visit rooms :
As a viewer I just can't bear any kind of notification.

I have also a life... and work on my PC all the day, I can't allow CB to interrupt my work : )
I'm there when I am there and visit friends who are connected at this moment : )

I would only advise you to adopt schedules as regular you can if you intend to make regular users.

Said in another way, stay cool about notifications and emails (it's not the cause of the low amount of users)
This is only a thing between you and your mod and maybe very few real fans.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Running an email list i noticed a few things, it's not uncommon for people to not open emails for a day or 2 after they have been sent anyway, hell my open stats keep gradually going up for about 2 weeks after the email is sent out. A lot of people dont live in their inbox anymore. I would think that if someone was online on chaturbate then they wouldnt be checking their email to see who's online they would be checking the follow tab, and if they arnt on chaturbate I would assume they arnt refreshing their inbox every couple of minutes waiting for an email from chaturbate. For me the chaturbate notifications go into the promotions tab of gmail which dont trigger notifications so I would have to actively be checking for that email to even see it. I dont really think that the fluctuations in your room are due to the email tbh, it could just be the overall fluctuations of the sites traffic. Email has never really been a good option for things that require an immediate response. Personally I would recommend setting up a discord server or something if you want to have access to your fans to notify them of things rather than rely on twitter and email.

Upvote 0
I
Running an email list i noticed a few things, it's not uncommon for people to not open emails for a day or 2 after they have been sent anyway, hell my open stats keep gradually going up for about 2 weeks after the email is sent out. A lot of people dont live in their inbox anymore. I would think that if someone was online on chaturbate then they wouldnt be checking their email to see who's online they would be checking the follow tab, and if they arnt on chaturbate I would assume they arnt refreshing their inbox every couple of minutes waiting for an email from chaturbate. For me the chaturbate notifications go into the promotions tab of gmail which dont trigger notifications so I would have to actively be checking for that email to even see it. I dont really think that the fluctuations in your room are due to the email tbh, it could just be the overall fluctuations of the sites traffic. Email has never really been a good option for things that require an immediate response. Personally I would recommend setting up a discord server or something if you want to have access to your fans to notify them of things rather than rely on twitter and email.
Know most people don't check emails like that anymore, but if imagine a soft number of people would still see the browser notification at least

Upvote 0
I

Know most people don't check emails like that anymore, but if imagine a soft number of people would still see the browser notification at least
Browser notifications are diffidently a lot more noticeable, but the thing with marketers....when something works they abuse the fuck out of it until no one will use it anymore, this is pretty much where browser notifications are at this point imo (although since I dont run browser notifications on my site I cant look at data that hows how often they are used) but it stands to reason that when every single site you visit is asking you for access to give you browser notifications that it gotten to the point where it's being abused and people are starting to abandon it. I still think the best way to go about it would be getting them into a funnel that you control such as a discord server or an sms notification group or something that will give you direct access to them without relying on a 3rd party or things that just become an annoyance to the end user.

Upvote 0
Chaturbate is attempting to combine as many follower emails as possible so expect some delays between follower notifications now while it attempts to combine them into a single email. They are also going to be automatically unsubscribing users that never click the links in the email. They are doing this to reduce the number of out bound emails but I also assume they are doing this to also make it so that the percentage of emails ending up and staying in a spam box is reduced which would eventually lead to a significantly lower percent of future emails going into spam folder especially if they decide to change mail server domains in the near future.

Right now notifications going into spam folders is a serious problem and they must do what they can to combat the issue.

Upvote 0
As touched on above, this tweak to our follower notification system is intended to limit email notifications going to spam. Certain recipients now receive batched emails when they reach an email threshold, as this enhances inbox penetration. This change only applies to users who are receiving many notifications in a day. FYI, we’ve implemented functionality where followers who have recently tipped a broadcaster will receive faster follower notifications for that broadcaster. For the fastest notification possible, we recommend utilizing our push notifications, as even emails at their fastest are not as quick as a browser push notifications, and push notifications have no limits.

Upvote 0
As touched on above, this tweak to our follower notification system is intended to limit email notifications going to spam. Certain recipients now receive batched emails when they reach an email threshold, as this enhances inbox penetration. This change only applies to users who are receiving many notifications in a day. FYI, we’ve implemented functionality where followers who have recently tipped a broadcaster will receive faster follower notifications for that broadcaster. For the fastest notification possible, we recommend utilizing our push notifications, as even emails at their fastest are not as quick as a browser push notifications, and push notifications have no limits.

THANK You for clarifying this! It does make sense, and I understand where the site is coming from, just wish I would have had a heads up to start pushing the browser notifications. Is it possible for us to get notifications when things like this change or will be changing in advance so that we aren't over here freaking out when all of the sudden our room count tanks out? I will start asking them to allow notifications and push my Twitter harder, etc....

Browser notifications are diffidently a lot more noticeable, but the thing with marketers....when something works they abuse the fuck out of it until no one will use it anymore, this is pretty much where browser notifications are at this point imo (although since I dont run browser notifications on my site I cant look at data that hows how often they are used) but it stands to reason that when every single site you visit is asking you for access to give you browser notifications that it gotten to the point where it's being abused and people are starting to abandon it. I still think the best way to go about it would be getting them into a funnel that you control such as a discord server or an sms notification group or something that will give you direct access to them without relying on a 3rd party or things that just become an annoyance to the end user.

Thank you KingMarti - I appreciate the different perspective and point of view from a member's eyes. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in losing money and not looking at things from the other side (that wasn't meant as sarcasm, btw). I HAD a Snapchat with about 350 people on it, including my CB heavy hitters but it got banned about a month ago. I set up another one and tried to do damage control and getting my big spenders set back up and it got banned again. I think this is less Snapchat and some disgruntled asshole but anyway...... I'll look into a discord server (idk wtf that is haha - Google here I come!).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.