AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate support and DMCA response time

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteJade7

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 18, 2018
East Cost
m.chaturbate.com
Chaturbate Username
WhiteJade7
To whom it may concern (@punker barbie),

@dark_mermaid and I have both recently and not so recently submitted DMCA takedown requests through the CB support email but haven't received any reply (see linked thread below)

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/chaturbate-dmca-service-response-time.31846/

Is there a reason for this delayed service or have we submitted incorrectly?

The link on the FAQ section on CB about DMCA takedowns is broken time bring you to an email but I just emailed supposed from another link maybe that is causing the issue.

Thank you for your time looking into this.

Wasn't actually me lately, was a friend of mine who is a broadcaster too but not a member of this forum. Regardless, yes response time has become very, very long lately indeed.

Reactions: shapman88
Upvote 0
With CB support's response time being so delayed, there are things that you can do on your own (if you want) to file some claims yourself as well. At the bottom of most of the sites that post stolen content you will fine either a DMCA link or a contact us link. Inside of those pages you will either find an email address that you can reach out to with the request or a copyright takedown form built into the site itself. If you are going to email a website to request that content be removed, below is the DMCA letter that I have been using for years that has helped me to get thousands of stolen items removed.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing you on behalf of the copyright owner for certain information that appears on your site/servers without authorization.

This infringing content can be found on the following URLS:

[URLS]

This information was taken from the following website:

[Your Website]

Please accept this communication and my statement, on behalf of the copyright owner, that I have a good-faith belief that the use of the above-described copyrighted materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. The information in this notification is accurate, and I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is infringed. Should you require additional information please feel free to contact me by response to this email.

Please reply to me to confirm that all of the infringing content has been removed. Please ensure that all repeat infringers are being terminated, per the requirements of 17 U.S.C. § 512(i).

Thank you for your attention to this matter and your anticipated cooperation.

By typing "s/" followed by my name below, I hereby adopt that electronic signature as my own, pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 7001 (the "ESIGN Act"), and affirmatively consent to its use as such.

With much appreciation,

s/[Cam Name]

Just remember, if you are requesting a video be removed, there is no need to use your real name. Most sites will remove the content without this information, and if they do request it, know that they will likely refuse to remove the content anyway. Also note that DMCA law states that any information given in the process of filing a takedown request may be sent to the person that uploaded the stolen content (which is why you don't want to use your real information).

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
With CB support's response time being so delayed, there are things that you can do on your own (if you want) to file some claims yourself as well. At the bottom of most of the sites that post stolen content you will fine either a DMCA link or a contact us link. Inside of those pages you will either find an email address that you can reach out to with the request or a copyright takedown form built into the site itself. If you are going to email a website to request that content be removed, below is the DMCA letter that I have been using for years that has helped me to get thousands of stolen items removed.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing you on behalf of the copyright owner for certain information that appears on your site/servers without authorization.

This infringing content can be found on the following URLS:

[URLS]

This information was taken from the following website:

[Your Website]

Please accept this communication and my statement, on behalf of the copyright owner, that I have a good-faith belief that the use of the above-described copyrighted materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. The information in this notification is accurate, and I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is infringed. Should you require additional information please feel free to contact me by response to this email.

Please reply to me to confirm that all of the infringing content has been removed. Please ensure that all repeat infringers are being terminated, per the requirements of 17 U.S.C. § 512(i).

Thank you for your attention to this matter and your anticipated cooperation.

By typing "s/" followed by my name below, I hereby adopt that electronic signature as my own, pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 7001 (the "ESIGN Act"), and affirmatively consent to its use as such.

With much appreciation,

s/[Cam Name]

Just remember, if you are requesting a video be removed, there is no need to use your real name. Most sites will remove the content without this information, and if they do request it, know that they will likely refuse to remove the content anyway. Also note that DMCA law states that any information given in the process of filing a takedown request may be sent to the person that uploaded the stolen content (which is why you don't want to use your real information).

Hope this helps!

DMCA take down notices is a delicate matter that new models could get confused by and should not be sending lightly. Some models have seen their private information outed this way. I am going to go ahead and mention @AmberCutie because I know she tends to err on the side of caution and think conservatively when it comes to sharing this type of info in the public side of the forum to protect new models. She might ask you to edit or even remove that post.

Also: sending DMCA with a fake name is in essence a false DMCA and it is illegal. It is also not very kosher to dish out legal advice if you aren’t a lawyer. It is always safer and usually faster to go through your camsite DMCA agent

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DMCA take down notices is a delicate matter that new models could get confused by and should not be sending lightly. Some models have seen their private information outed this way.

You can feel free to disagree, but I gave an option to someone that potentially has something that needs to be removed immediately, and their camsite is not responding to them.

If Amber decides to remove my post, then I'll be happy to stop giving advice on how to safely fill out DMCA forms and assist oneself with removing content. But again, as was stated in my post, this is based on my own personal experience and not intended to be legal advice.

• Helpful!
Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
Upvote 0
You can feel free to disagree, but I gave an option to someone that potentially has something that needs to be removed immediately, and their camsite is not responding to them.

If Amber decides to remove my post, then I'll be happy to stop giving advice on how to safely fill out DMCA forms and assist oneself with removing content. But again, as was stated in my post, this is based on my own personal experience and not intended to be legal advice.

I wish everyone would stick to their lane.

Upvote 0
And by stick to their lane you meant that they have to listen to you? I will graciously bow to your knowledge about camming as you have a lot more experience than I do. But when it comes to takedowns, there aren't many people in the community that have had more luck getting content removed than @roydz and myself. Whether you'd like to believe that or not is up to you.

But I'm not going to allow you to make this into an argument. For the sake of avoiding any additional drama, I'll bow out here.

Upvote 0
To whom it may concern (@punker barbie),

@dark_mermaid and I have both recently and not so recently submitted DMCA takedown requests through the CB support email but haven't received any reply (see linked thread below)

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/chaturbate-dmca-service-response-time.31846/

Is there a reason for this delayed service or have we submitted incorrectly?

The link on the FAQ section on CB about DMCA takedowns is broken time bring you to an email but I just emailed supposed from another link maybe that is causing the issue.

Thank you for your time looking into this.

Thank you for posting. It can take over 30 days for DMCA notices sent by CB to have any response from the site they are issued to. Since I can't access the validated cammers area of ACF, I can't read the specific post you linked, however here are three things that sometimes do cause the team to not be able to start the request sent to Support@Chaturbate.com:

There must be direct links to each and every video/photo set that you are asking for DMCA takedown service to go after.

Please provide some information on what type of content you are asking for DMCA take down service on, since sometimes what is in links is changed on the site after you already specified a particular link in your request.

Please make sure that the content is not marked with another cam site's watermark, name or anything that makes it appear to have not come from CB. Just as was stated about using fake names in a DMCA request, we can't complete a DMCA takedown if it seems the content was never a part of CB in the first place.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
Even when doing what you wrote, response time from your dmca department has gone from one or two days to one or two months now. Imagine yourself sending an email to a support address and then waiting one or two months until you even get a reply. I used to praise your dmca department with the highest words but since about nine months or so things are just so slow. I do not know how these things are organized, maybe you or other people at cb are not even aware, hence this thread in open unofficial support now.

Upvote 0
Thank you for posting. It can take over 30 days for DMCA notices sent by CB to have any response from the site they are issued to. Since I can't access the validated cammers area of ACF, I can't read the specific post you linked, however here are three things that sometimes do cause the team to not be able to start the request sent to Support@Chaturbate.com:

There must be direct links to each and every video/photo set that you are asking for DMCA takedown service to go after.

Please provide some information on what type of content you are asking for DMCA take down service on, since sometimes what is in links is changed on the site after you already specified a particular link in your request.

Please make sure that the content is not marked with another cam site's watermark, name or anything that makes it appear to have not come from CB. Just as was stated about using fake names in a DMCA request, we can't complete a DMCA takedown if it seems the content was never a part of CB in the first place.

Thank you!

Hi @punker barbie thank you for replying I did follow all the directions listed in your post. And we are looking at 40+ days and no response.

Thank you all for your help on submitting DMCA on my own I have read through the suggestion on the model only side of the forum and may have to go that route.

Reactions: dark_mermaid
Upvote 0
We are not talking about response time of sites that were sent a delete request by your dmca department. This is of course outside of your control and can take days or weeks. We are talking about sending an email to support and after that mail having to wait well over a month for get a response from your dmca department.

Upvote 0
We are not talking about response time of sites that were sent a delete request by your dmca department. This is of course outside of your control and can take days or weeks. We are talking about sending an email to support and after that mail having to wait well over a month for get a response from your dmca department.

Yes exactly we are not talking about time to have the video taken down we are talking only about and reply from CB that they recievre my request to begin DMCA takedown.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.