AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate: The Musical!' Premieres Next Week

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it was written directed and scored by guys. The real thread should be how different you think this musical would be if created and directed by women? Would it be the return of the women aren't funny argument?

BTW Guy maybe give some form of comment?

I doubt they decided anything. The Mormons didn't get a choice when it came to "The Book of Mormon". Maybe @punker barbie could answer it. I'm pretty sure this play falls under parody. Chaturbate my support it but I doubt they were allowed any input.

We're honored that a production team chose to create a musical comedy based on Chaturbate, however it was not created by Chaturbate. We were as surprised as everyone else when we heard it would be part of the Hollywood fringe Festival. I'm looking forward to seeing it, as the synopsis is intriguing!

Looks like it was written directed and scored by guys.
Well at least they've found a new way to profit off of sex work without being stigmatized as sexworkers themselves. Much more noble than the proposals we see here so often. :giggle:

To add a real air of authenticity to the production, random chorus line members will be hauled off stage at regular intervals and unceremoniously ejected from the building. The public won't miss out on the fun - random prospective patrons will be flatly refused entry to the theater. Quite a few of those lucky enough to have got in will also be randomly flung out throughout the show. There's no business like Chaturbate business, like no business I know. Let's go on with the show!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::sweating::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I can't help but picture something like "History of the World Part 1", dealing with CB support

"The Inquisition, here we go..."

jctZfzk.gif

"Hey Punker Barbie, whattya say???"

We're honored that a production team chose to create a musical comedy based on Chaturbate, however it was not created by Chaturbate. We were as surprised as everyone else when we heard it would be part of the Hollywood fringe Festival. I'm looking forward to seeing it, as the synopsis is intriguing!

they didn't need any rights to use the name? I'd have thought it was trademarked or something

Chaturbate is a public entity and parody/editorial concerning any public entity is allowed under the 1st Amendment. ;)

My understanding is that the musical is not about Chaturbate, as much as it is about an actress that happens to broadcast on Chaturbate, while pursuing her mainstream gigs--just as the synopsis states. I don't know that anyone in the cast or production company has ever done business with Chaturbate. I do know that we happen to have a company name that is ripe for comedy. LOL

I do know that we happen to have a company name that is ripe for comedy. LOL
You have a business model that is ripe for comedy as well.

I say this as someone who has seen the shitty way Chaturbate conducts its affairs. Also as someone that has a modicum of respect for the "Shirley" I have seen portrayed in interviews and podcasts on the internet.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
You have a business model that is ripe for comedy as well.

I say this as someone who has seen the shitty way Chaturbate conducts its affairs. Also as someone that has a modicum of respect for the "Shirley" I have seen portrayed in interviews and podcasts on the internet.

3000+ posts, 2900+ bitching about CB

Far be for me to come to the defense of my friend @justjoinedtopost but maybe there's a damn good reason 2900 posts are bitching about cb.
From @jameslee debut post...
Support and Shirley won't tell me why, I just keep getting forwarded generic e-mails for 3 days straight with a lovely 24 gap between receiving them...
We are knee deep in irony here.

Reactions: eyeteach
Remembering why I steer clear on the interwebs discussions thanks to this forum ahaha. Be happier bro's jeez. A lot of you ridicule posters to a huge degree at any sign of an error or lack of understanding. Smarmy keyboard warriors!

Reactions: punker barbie
I found this page from a Google alert. I am the composer of Chaturbate: The Musical. While I did not interact with Chaturbate, I can share a few things. Firstly, we wanted to create something appropriate for the edge that is in the fringe festival. The book writer Dan Margules contacted Chaturbate and they gave us permission to begin writing and use the logo. When the script and lyrics were completed they were sent to Chaturbate and they gave us their blessing once again. The CEO and other reps came to see the show, then last night on closing they sent their PR people. From everything I have heard they totally enjoyed it. They even sent us a bunch of swag to hand out to the audience members which is really cool and just promotes the site even more. Our show is about one cam girls experience, not a commentary about Chaturbate as a whole. Audiences laughed hysterically every night.. I wish you all could have seen it! Cheers..

The book writer Dan Margules contacted Chaturbate and they gave us permission to begin writing and use the logo. When the script and lyrics were completed they were sent to Chaturbate and they gave us their blessing once again.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I fuckin knew they'd have to have known about it

Here it is if you want to see it.. I would love your thoughts... Again.. this was not the company's doing... They just allowed us to use the name... It's one woman's journey..

Status
Not open for further replies.